Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

If they're doing their job you won't see them......

I Don’t miss this blurb hogging up so much real estate in many of my comics though..,

* Strategic Homeland Intervention
    Enforcement and Logistics Division
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I miss those good old days of SHIELD when Steranko was around... And I'd like to see original Nick Fury back in the comics. Wasn't there some talk about that happening?

Me too! Loved it when they had surprise guest-stars (LOL):

Mighty Member

Shield is fine. USAvengers Vol. 2 is better. Sunspot doesn't need to be the 8th member of an X-Men team when he can lead the Avengers.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Me too! Loved it when they had surprise guest-stars (LOL):

That was a surprise. I have the Marvel Masterworks Edition of Strange Tales that has this arc. I recall discussing this a while back because you have to figure out at what point Doom replaced the real Yellow Claw with Doom's robot double. I think everyone had a different take on that. And Doom replaced a few more characters with robots but I don't recall if there was a complete list. Perhaps Jimmy Woo and the Yellow Claw's daughter were also replaced.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-25-2022 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Idk I've been enjoying not having super-cops around.

Ever since the movies retooled Captain America into the main cape fighting Hydra, SHIELD have been sort of...redundant? If you ask me--brink back the Da Vinci version and have them be major scheming villains lmao.

MARVEL VS RENAISSANCE when???
    I want the Hickman/Weaver SHIELD back also. I've said that having OG Nick Fury advance to being with Da Vinci and that crew would be a much better direction for him than having him be a cosmic level Watcher. The idea of SHIELD having developed from that historic group to a modern espionage group with shadowy leadership fits very well with lots of room for story details to grow and develop.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Shield is fine. USAvengers Vol. 2 is better. Sunspot doesn't need to be the 8th member of an X-Men team when he can lead the Avengers.
    Yeah, I was hoping that Ewing would do more with the "Citizen X" thing (see my avatar), but instead 'Berto was dragged back to his New Mutants portrayal by Hickman and lost that edge. While Ewing has made him a part of X-MEN: RED, it's basically a Storm book, so he hasn't had much chance to shine.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I miss heroes being divorced from the government and SHIELD were the perfect foils for that. I think the only one who technically worked for the government was Cap, but after Civil War everything kinda went haywire.

The Marvel Universe feels too much like the Ultimates where the government and the heroes are buddy buddy, I want them back to vigilante status.

I think the only one that still get's harangued by the cops is Spidey

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I miss heroes being divorced from the government and SHIELD were the perfect foils for that. I think the only one who technically worked for the government was Cap, but after Civil War everything kinda went haywire.

The Marvel Universe feels too much like the Ultimates where the government and the heroes are buddy buddy, I want them back to vigilante status.

I think the only one that still get's harangued by the cops is Spidey
    Marvel's pretty much never treated it's superheroes as vigilantes with few exceptions. Spider-Man getting harangued by cops is the exception not the rule, and even that isn't always a guarantee.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Marvel's pretty much never treated it's superheroes as vigilantes with few exceptions. Spider-Man getting harangued by cops is the exception not the rule, and even that isn't always a guarantee.
    sure not like Batman, but I do remember when Hill or Fury would come down from on high to let Stark, Richards, or Cage know stop F-ing around; but then again this may be my memory from Bendis' run

SHIELD was never the same after Nick left.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    SHIELD was never the same after Nick left.
    LOL! It's never been the same since...

Nick Fury VS. S.H.I.E.L.D.
    (1988)

The new Secret Invasion has started. And it is the perfect case of why we need S.H.I.E.L.D. back, led by Maria Hill. The way she detects and outsmarts that Skrull and captures a lot of others, let's all stand up and start a round of applauses!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    LOL! It's never been the same since...

Nick Fury VS. S.H.I.E.L.D.
    (1988)

I read that for the first time earlier this year. A solid blueprint for the CA:Winter Soldier movie with interchanging pieces.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

BANNED

I nevee got the concept of shield, especially when because of the reality of superhuman and elite natured beings, this service wouldnt extend to the wider mundane law and milatary branches through the civilian and local communities. Superheroes in general should oppose these guys if not built their own organization founded by autonomous free fortuned superheroes via Batman and the watch tower. I know stark does it but he still anwsers to the law and goverment for some reason.