Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DCEU Shazam VS DCEU Black Adam VS DCEU Wonderwoman

haven't seen black adam and not planning to. Who wins?

Astonishing Member

Wondering how Wonder Woman and Black Adam compare in speed. She has all-around better equipment than Hawkman while not at all having the huge lack of speed feats issue that he had against Adam. Has Adam ever being lasso'd in the comics? The only things he wasn't completely unstoppable against in the movie were all magic-related.

Regarding Shazam, I don't remember he had feats as good as Adam's in his movie, but it might be worth keeping an eye on his second movie for new feats, because an eventual Shazam/Adam crossover is confirmed and I assume both characters will be meant to be around the same ballpark, maybe with Adam having an edge for brutality.

Swiss army nerd

Adam is too fast for both of them, by quite a distance. He'd be more than able to take WW's sword and slice 'em up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    Adam is too fast for both of them, by quite a distance. He'd be more than able to take WW's sword and slice 'em up.
    I guess Black Adam racing to stop a bullet shot within grabbing distance of a boy, even if he just put his hand in front of it instead of grabbing in with two fingers like Sentry, might put him in easy hypersonic territory.

Swiss army nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I guess Black Adam racing to stop a bullet shot within grabbing distance of a boy, even if he just put his hand in front of it instead of grabbing in with two fingers like Sentry, might put him in easy hypersonic territory.
    Yeah, between that, him DBZ blinking in and out of combat and the slow mo time in a bottle scene early on, he's easily in that region.

Mighty Member

Yeah, between that, him DBZ blinking in and out of combat and the slow mo time in a bottle scene early on, he's easily in that region.
    Do you have videos of any of these scenes, because even a weakened Wonder Woman can do things like this:

, and Shazam is slower than Wonder Woman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Do you have videos of any of these scenes, because even a weakened Wonder Woman can do things like this:

, and Shazam is slower than Wonder Woman.
    There's a scene where Intergang soldiers shoot at Adam with assault rifles and he moves his palm around to block every single shot, which I guess is similar to her machine gun bracelet parrying in Justice League.

It's only that I also feel he could pull a Hancock vs bank robbers move on her, he was able to catch up in flight to magically-empowered to a breaking point Intergang high-speed bikes.

The best scene I was able to find so far is when he takes out a whole Intergang battallion in slo-mo, he doesn't bother with single bullets here because he wants to deal as much damage as soon as possible:

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Yeesh, that's pretty fast.

Mighty Member

There's a scene where Intergang soldiers shoot at Adam with assault rifles and he moves his palm around to block every single shot, which I guess is similar to her machine gun bracelet parrying in Justice League.

It's only that I also feel he could pull a Hancock vs bank robbers move on her, he was able to catch up in flight to magically-empowered to a breaking point Intergang high-speed bikes.

The best scene I was able to find so far is when he takes out a whole Intergang battallion in slo-mo, he doesn't bother with single bullets here because he wants to deal as much damage as soon as possible:

That is a very odd scene, and i am not even sure how fast Black Adam is moving there, because the shown speed of the explosions, bullets, rockets, and helicopter parts is all over the place

Astonishing Member

That is a very odd scene, and i am not even sure how fast Black Adam is moving there, because the shown speed of the explosions, bullets, and rockets is all over the place
    They started shooting at him when Adam smashed two helicopters together to the ground in "regular time", which is what we see right at the beginning, after which the movie switches to Adam's enhanced perceptions, where bullets and rockets are moving in but the soldiers can't perceive what's going on at all even when he's at their face, until Adam lands and we see the movie again at his regular human walking speed.

Easy enough to understand.

Mighty Member

They started shooting at him when Adam smashed two helicopters together to the ground in "regular time", which is what we see right at the beginning, after which the movie switches to Adam's enhanced perceptions, where bullets and rockets are moving in but the soldiers can't perceive what's going on at all even when he's at their face, until Adam lands and we see the movie again at his regular human walking speed.

Easy enough to understand.
    Yeah ok, but even if we ignore the too fast moving rockets and helicopter parts, if that is how Black Adam perceives bullets, i don't know how he is more than able to take the sword of a Wonder Woman who even as an absolute rookie before truly growing into her powers also perceived bullets like this already:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DenseOpule...ock-mobile.mp4

, and in a later part like this:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FrankAccom...uin-mobile.mp4
    Last edited by Rightoya; 10-28-2022 at 07:20 PM.

Astonishing Member

Yeah ok, but even if we ignore the too fast moving rockets and helicopter parts, if that is how Black Adam perceives bullets, i don't know how he is more than able to take the sword of a Wonder Woman who even as an absolute rookie before truly growing into her powers also perceived bullets like this already:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DenseOpule...ock-mobile.mp4

, and in a later part like this:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FrankAccom...uin-mobile.mp4
    Adam when reawakened and disoriented was able to not just perceive modern Intergang assault rifle bullets but catch one in two fingers just to see what the hell being showered by weaponry thousands of years after his time was about, in order to determine it was all weak sauce to him.

As far as learning curves go, the same magic lightning he can release at speed is something he masters by movie end in order to boost his already considerable super strength.

And as far as Billy goes here, Adam is in fact so overpowered compared to the Shazam movie that I can imagine course corrections will happen later.
    Last edited by Wildling; 10-28-2022 at 07:36 PM.

Mighty Member

Adam when reawakened and disoriented was able to not just perceive modern Intergang assault rifle bullets but catch one in two fingers just to see what the hell being showered by weaponry thousands of years after his time was about, in order to determine it was all weak sauce to him.
    That still don't sounds truly better than what a weakened not rookie Wonder Woman did with her lasso to me.

As far as learning curves go, the same magic lightning he can release at speed is something he masters by movie end in order to boost his already considerable super strength.
    How strong is he at the movie end?

And as far as Billy goes here, Adam is in fact so overpowered compared to the Shazam movie that I can imagine course corrections will happen later.
    Maybe, but from what i have seen and heard i don't think Black Adam is truly close to Superman, at least so far. And they had no problem to make the Justice League look pathetic next to Superman, so i don't know if they will care enough about Shazam.

Astonishing Member

Another detail is Adam, even ignoring speed, already had his own lightning deflected back to him by a fictional metal superweapon and he shrugged it off, in addition to also shrug off being slashed in the torso by a Hell version of himself that he ultimately killed.

Basically even when he spends much of the movie as an out of time guy with no purpose, he's still treated as a walking magic MOAB. When Amanda Waller got the intel about the vid I posted, she didn't even try to assemble a Suicide Squad roster and instead asked for a favor to the JSA. And after they couldn't muscle him down legitimately and Adam defeated a world-class villain, there's by then enough reasons why it wasn't Wonder Woman who showed up mid-credits to negotiate with him.

Astonishing Member

That still don't sounds truly better than what a weakened not rookie Wonder Woman did with her lasso to me.
    I disagree, especially because he's flight capable and shown capable to thunderclap while he's already in slo-mo and in flight. I already brought up Adam sped up to superspeeded sci-fi bikes Pete Maverick would have loved to fly.

How strong is he at the movie end?
    He caught a falling building-sized stone statue with no effort while superspeeding in out of nowhere. When boosted he ripped Sabbac in half, which was normally his physical match, warped the skies with a hellfire portal beam and overpowered and killed Doctor Fate, the next most powerful hero character in the movie.