Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Another detail is Adam, even ignoring speed, already had his own lightning deflected back to him by a fictional metal superweapon and he shrugged it off, in addition to also shrug off being slashed in the torso by a Hell version of himself that he ultimately killed.
    Lightning could maybe help against Superman, but i don't think it would do much in this fight. And what is a Hell version of Black Adam, a demon transformed into him?

Basically even when he spends much of the movie as an out of time guy with no purpose, he's still treated as a walking magic MOAB. When Amanda Waller got the intel about the vid I posted, she didn't even try to assemble a Suicide Squad roster and instead asked for a favor to the JSA. And after they couldn't muscle him down legitimately and Adam defeated a world-class villain, there's by then enough reasons why it wasn't Wonder Woman who showed up mid-credits to negotiate with him.
    I am very sure the true reason is that the Rock wanted Henry Cavil to show up, and i think that would have still happened if Black Adam would be as weak as Shazam, but it probably also did not help that they have turned Wonder Woman into a pathetic joke in both versions of Justice League and made Shazam so weak. But if the DCEU would be not such a mess, i am very sure Wonder Woman or even better Shazam would have showed up, because they make much more sense than Superman against a magical threat let alone the arch-nemesis.

I disagree, especially because he's flight capable and shown capable to thunderclap while he's already in slo-mo and in flight.
    Wait, are you not aware that Wonder Woman can fly since 1984:

, and how is a thunderclap even related to speed, Hulk can do thunderclaps?

I already brought up Adam sped up to superspeeded sci-fi bikes Pete Maverick would have loved to fly.
    You have told me that, but i have no clue how fast that is, because the speed of superspeeded sci-fi bikes is other than bullets not very self-explanatory.

He caught a falling building-sized stone statue with no effort while superspeeding in out of nowhere.
    That sounds actually impressive, are there videos?

When boosted he ripped Sabbac in half, which was normally his physical match, warped the skies with a hellfire portal beam and overpowered and killed Doctor Fate, the next most powerful hero character in the movie.
    Oh god, they have let Black Adam overpower and kill Doctor Fate, now i have yet another reason why i don't want to watch that movie.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 10-29-2022 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Lightning could maybe help against Superman, but i don't think it would do much in this fight. And what is a Hell version of Black Adam, a demon transformed into him?

I am very sure the true reason is that the Rock wanted Henry Cavil to show up, and i think that would have still happened if Black Adam would be as weak as Shazam, but it probably also did not help that they have turned Wonder Woman into a pathetic joke in both versions of Justice League and made Shazam so weak. But if the DCEU would be not such a mess, i am very sure Wonder Woman or even better Shazam would have showed up, because they make much more sense than Superman against a magical threat let alone the arch-nemesis.

Wait, are you not aware that Wonder Woman can fly since 1984:

, and how is a thunderclap even related to speed, Hulk can do thunderclaps?

You have told me that, but i have no clue how fast that is, because the speed of superspeeded sci-fi bikes is other than bullets not very self-explanatory.

That sounds actually impressive, are there videos?

Oh god, they have let Black Adam overpower and kill Doctor Fate, now i have yet another reason why i don't want to watch that movie.
    Sabbac killed Dr.Fate, not Black Adam.

Astonishing Member

Lightning could maybe help against Superman, but i don't think it would do much in this fight.
    My point was Black Adam's own lightning attacks were fully deflected black to him by Hawkman's said to be indestructible metal mace (which by that presentation was also able to stab into Sabbac, the final movie villain, and lift him off the ground after turning into an axe, making him him yell out out in pain, only for Sabbac to shrug it off only because he basically lacked in having Black Adam's sheer Superman-style base durability but complemented it with with Wolverine-fire-style regen to still beat everyone except fully-mature Black Adam), only for Black Adam to shrug off his own lightning and continue to fight even with superspeed PIS being 98% on the time at the time he was fighting Hawkman. Basically to make Hawkman look as good as good as possible, and as far as I feel it worked and he has a future in DC.

I was basically comparing it to Wonder Woman's bracelets catching Ares lightning and deflecting it back to him.

My point was, Ares and Wonder Woman really lack considerable assets Adam has here. It's telling to me you say lightning could maybe help against Superman, suggests to me you're coming here with the conventional comic books wisdom about magic lightning (I really hope you don't mean natural lightning but lightning coming from powerful magic/Gods) being a powerful asset against Superman as a matter of fact, which is very flawed considering how in the movies themselves we're discussing here I don't think we have seen any of the DC Films magic powerhouses (Shazam wizards that can collectivelly overpower a rookie Black Adam, Sabbac demons that can empower a rando into challenging Black Adam, enough to not actually kill him but enabling him to reach his current peak -admittedly with a bit of help from Hawkman and Doctor Fate-, Shazam, and current Black Adam who is a the top world threat for Amanda Waller). But we've seen how Superman directly fighting similarly overpowered aliens, godly heirs (at the end of the day in the only JL movie I've seen he overcame Wonder Woman through sheer rage and strength) and tech have gone. It's a world we're still living in.

Wait, are you not aware that Wonder Woman can fly since 1984
    I did, I watched 1984 in theaters at least a couple times during the pandemic, and liked it. But I didn't think much of it here because, I already said this bit, but at this point I really have to elaborate what the noteworthy flight scenes in Black Adam were about:

After Adam had already shown as a speedster more than enough in the ground or in the air (just blurring around invisible in the sight of human randos to fatality them, and even brief-blitzing some moves on a veteran superstrong and superarmed hero like Hawkman over a couple rooms just for an ego-match) or explicitly reacting to modern day weapons either stopping one bullet boringly in two fingers, or stopping every single bullet in a rifle barrage with his palm when he cared just a little more and still didn't really feel he was supposed to be in that world at all, just reacting to hostilities around him) he was able to catch up to an Intergang bike sped-up to the breaking point by the same extremely rare magic metal, only available in that country, that when refined and weaponized could hurt Adam, create an indestructible magic forcefield and ultimately forge the crown that invoked the demons that created Adam's final villain who beat the JSA in the process.

And if we're really sweating the flying details, when Black Adam was brought back by Fate's spells and Adam's inner self, he flew at super speed from an undisclosed Waller arctic location right to Kahndaq in order to spot Sabbacc's attempt to kill a lot with civilians, which led to him flying in for the casual massive lifting strength feat that's already been brought up.

Since Adam had never been out of Kahndaq (and we can't assume Fate gave him him directions since the movie showed he was more than tied up awakening Adam plus containing Sabbac on the way of dying and saving Hawkman by shielding the whole damn palace against Hawkman, Atom Smasher and Cyclone) I think this more than shows why just mobility-wise Wonder Woman is totally doomed against Adam. Even if Adam just sped up to orbit (like he was already almost doing just to terrorize a couple criminals earlier in the movie) to spot Sabbac's hellstorm instead of just searching around the world by superspeed, classic Silver Surfer style.

Astonishing Member

And what is a Hell version of Black Adam, a demon transformed into him?
    SPOILERS for a movie still widely available in theaters and only in theaters that I'd recommend you to watch.

The movie revolves around how the ancient Shazam powers were not actually given to Teth Adam but to his son thousands of years ago who hoped to free his country from enslavers while Adam only hoped his son would live a full life.

The local tyrant at the time was exploiting these people to dig up their magic rocks and try to create the crown of Sabbac which was expected to be the ultimate dark power from demons.

But after the local tyrant throught a home invasion killed Adam's wife and mortally wounded him, and Adam's son found them, he appealed to the Shazam transfer of power to empower and save a dying Adam, only for the remaining assassins to kill his son in front of him.

The resulting rage led Adam to go full Bronson and nuke the tyrant king. Even after the demon crown had already been made, he couldn't even try to use it. But then the sorcerers locked Adam up as well the crown.

In the present the evil crown was retrieved by the resentful descendant (Ishmael) of the evil king Adam massacred in the past, who led Intergang in order to unlock its powers finally. And he was meant to be an equal to Black Adam, the demons said they finally got their champion in Ishmael as much as the sorcerers had already got theirs, he was empowered in the demons realm by speaking out the word (Sabbac instead of Shazam), and just as much as Black Adam was too much for the JSA even without Adam killing anyone, Sabbac ultimately killed Doctor Fate and overpowered Hawkman, Atom Smasher and Cyclone with a hand flick.
    Last edited by Wildling; 10-29-2022 at 09:09 PM.

Extraordinary Member

If you're gonna explain the entire plot of a recently release date movie you could still put the whole thing in spoiler brackets.

Or just say spoilers:
    that the bad guy gets hellfire based powers that are similar to Black Adam's abilities.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 10-31-2022 at 12:42 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    If you're gonna explain the entire plot of a recently releasedatum movie you could still put the whole thing in spoiler brackets.
    I'm sorry, when I'm happy to consume theatrical new stuff that other people might wait out for weeks at least, I can forget about the latter entirely.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I'm sorry, when I'm happy to consume theatrical new stuff that other people might wait out for weeks at least, I can forget about the latter entirely.
    They said without editing their post.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    They said without editing their post.
    They did write spoiler at the top. They might just not know how to use the actual spoiler tag.