Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special

Official Trailer has been released:

This could be cute.

Looks bad to me....

hmm... I wonder what will be said about how the entertainment industry was affected by the Blip?

was Kevin Bacon blipped? if he was, what was his response after coming back? If he wasn't, who did he lose close to him, and what happened after they came back?

More hasn't been explored about just how chaotic life was on Earth/USA for five years. Untold vehicle crashes should have occurred during the Snap (literally, planes, trains, automobiles, boats/ships).. and any passengers who died-- that is, not "snapped"-- would not be coming back.

I don't think I ever really saw that reckoned with on screen.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 10-26-2022 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    hmm... I wonder what will be said about how the entertainment industry was affected by the Blip?

was Kevin Bacon blipped? if he was, what was his response after coming back? If he wasn't, who did he lose close to him, and what happened after they came back?

More hasn't been explored about just how chaotic life was on Earth/USA for five years. Untold vehicle crashes should have occurred during the Snap (literally, planes, trains, automobiles, boats/ships).. and any passengers who died-- that is, not "snapped"-- would not be coming back.

I would die laughing if they reveal Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Will Smith, and every top actor in Hollywood blipped and this allowed Simon Williams to become a star.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

...And I don't you're going to see that addressed here either.

It looks to be like a Marvel version of those Halmark Christmas Movies.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

"Word of God" (Kevin Feige) says that Hulk arranged for those who would be in danger to be brought back "safely" so people who were in mid-air/sea when they vanished would probably materialize on land, or those occupying the same space as an unblipped would presumably be put a few feet apart so they don't "Telefrag" them. However it doesn't answer your other point....
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Official Trailer has been released:

Hell, YES! Cosmo!

SPOILERS (jotting down reactions as I watch)
    -- Love the Pogues! Starting with one of my fav Xmas songs is a good start.
    -- Love the Bakshi style rotoscoping in the animated opening.
    -- Love the overall blanket lighting like it's a staged tv special
    -- Interesting that they "own" Nowhere now. I imagine we'll see more of that in the movie, but I hope they also get into what the hell people were doing with that Celestial brain matter they were mining.
    -- Love "guy in a suit" Groot - almost makes me wish they had done that with Bradley Cooper in a raccoon suit... almost.
    -- Damn, Bacon keepin' it toight! (I sat next to him on the subway once - man is petite!)
    -- Love Mantis here! I want a Mantis series now.
    -- LOL to the God of War joke (it's clearer for those who read the comics where Drax's markings are definitely similar)
    -- Javelin lives!
    -- This show is insane - it kinda shouldn't exist for how much they're spending on it, but I love it. Does Gunn just have a blank check?
    -- Was Kevin's brother in the band? I mean ... Bacon Brothers in space!
    -- Friggin' Gunn made me cry again.
    HAPPY CHRISTMAS Y'ALL!!!
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-25-2022 at 03:55 AM.

I was sold the second I saw Mantis walking around with that big Candy Cane.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I still don't get why Winter is any more Holiday-y than Summer, when pretty much everyone goes on Holiday.

So Mantis sort of has one half of her traditional comics nickname Celestial Madonna checked off.....(although a different meaning of Celestial)....and Kang is coming in the MCU....

So I'm partially wondering if Phase V just might have an MCU'd version of the Celestial Madonna storyline, although I'm not expecting Tony Dalton to become a plant.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I still don't get why Winter is any more Holiday-y than Summer, when pretty much everyone goes on Holiday.
    Do you live in Australia? "Holiday" doesn't just mean vacation. There's a whole thing about Christmas in particular that's tied to winter in American culture and it mostly has to do with family.

Kind of interesting they went for a rotoscoped Bakshi/Bluth/Heavy Metalesque look for the flashbacks. I know they were kind of going for a retro Christmas special look although a lot of classic Christmas specials generally went for Claymation or something more cartoony, or these days, CG. However, it kind of fits for the era that Peter vanished, as a lot of that stuff was fairly big in the 80s before Disney made their big comeback in the late 80s/early 90s and anime became more mainstream.

Astonishing Member

I thought it was very cute. Love the songs.