Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The Go-Bots? Can they get away with that? I mean, Zorro's one thing (Disney+ is doing their own Zorro anyways) but I guess Marvel and Hasbro are tight enough? Wait, does Hasbro even own the Go-Bots right now.
    Hasbro owns gobots and make marvel toys so they are tight. (or cy-kill outfit would not have been there) Transformers are in the comics universe so nice twist gobots are in the movie universe! Plus, gobots are cyborgs over living robots like transformers and are human like aliens where the full planet (men, woman and kids) all had their minds put in robot bodies to survive and had to learn to live like that!

Funny thing is now that gobots are canon people are picking what actor would play leader-one and cy-kill? LOL.

My guess is this will never come up again and is a nice one shot nod to transformers in the comics by gunn with the ok from hasbro for the nod.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 11-30-2022 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Hasbro owns gobots and make marvel toys so they are tight. (or cy-kill outfit would not have been there) Transformers are in the comics universe so nice twist gobots are in the movie universe! Plus, gobots are cyborgs over living robots like transformers and are human like aliens where the full planet (men, woman and kids) all had their minds put in robot bodies to survive and had to learn to live like that!

Funny thing is now that gobots are canon people are picking what actor would play leader-one and cy-kill? LOL.

My guess is this will never come up again and is a nice one shot nod to transformers in the comics by gunn with the ok from hasbro for the nod.
    I wonder if they could do Rom now.

Paramount has the movie rights (but can't get it off the ground) so i don't think they can for rom unless paramount let the rights lapse.

Kind of curious if Machine Robo plays into it at all, I think that Gobots used more anime-based robots than Transformers did (Transformers for instance used the Valkyrie from Macross for Jetfire, Whirl and Roadbuster are from Dorvack etc.)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

"A go-bot killed his cousin" LOL that would have made a helluva flashback.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Saw it this afternoon and enjoyed it more than I thought might be possible.

From the Animated opening/closing sequence, to actual Kevin Bacon, Cy-kill from GoBots and that gift giving scene.
    Also, was older teenage Groot actually a person in a really well made costume? I got that vibe, anyone else?

Was that Kevin Bacons band in makeup?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Saw it this afternoon and enjoyed it more than I thought might be possible.

From the Animated opening/closing sequence, to actual Kevin Bacon, Cy-kill from GoBots and that gift giving scene.
    Also, was older teenage Groot actually a person in a really well made costume? I got that vibe, anyone else?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_97%27s

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_97%27s
    Indeed it was.
    The band members portrayed the alien rock band Bzermikitokolok and the Knowheremen in The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special, singing the original song "I Don't Know What Christmas Is (But Christmastime Is Here)" and their 2018 song "Here It Is Christmastime," the latter with Kevin Bacon singing lead.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

What the hell did I just watch? If it weren’t for the Suicide Squad I’d think James Gunn had seriously lost the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    What the hell did I just watch? If it weren’t for the Suicide Squad I’d think James Gunn had seriously lost the plot.
    You watched a charming Christmas special that helps set up a bunch of stuff that's going to happen in "GotG3."

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    You watched a charming Christmas special that helps set up a bunch of stuff that's going to happen in "GotG3."
    Not sure I'd call it charming but it was definitely a Christmas special anyway drax and mantis are super annoying in this.

Decided to watch this closer to Christmas. Laughed out loud a few times, and I love Mantis, but I think maybe I was expecting a little more screentime from the other Guardians? I definitely felt Gamora's absence.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    It would be great to get a Marvel Special set in Rutland.
    If anyone can pull off something that's in both Marvel and DC lore, I suppose Gunn is the one to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Makes me hopeful we get Arcade and Murderworld someday.
    That would be incredible.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Keep in mind the whole thing is, as the title allready indicates, a quasi-parody to the Star Wars Holiday special.
    So it's more about fun nonsense, not to be taken too serious. For example the cartoon sequence being a reference to the one with Boba Fett and Groot looking like a guy in a cheap big suit ala the Wookies. Though granted in that regard it's FAR too sane and well plotted.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Decided to watch this closer to Christmas. Laughed out loud a few times, and I love Mantis, but I think maybe I was expecting a little more screentime from the other Guardians? I definitely felt Gamora's absence.
    A few days after watching it, i thought that besides Drax and Mantis being more on the same wave length and mindset, there was another good reason why neither Rocket or Nebula were going with them. Mainly that both actualy had extended contact with Earth and human culture in the 5 year gap between Infinity War and Endgame.

So even the comical stoic (yet easy to confuse too) Nebula might not as easily make their kinds of mistakes or let herself get dragged into them.
    Last edited by Grunty; 12-28-2022 at 04:39 PM.