Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Is this the worst X-men Era?

So i recently watched this video on YT:

And i do feel they raise some interesting points as i do feel that they have left some plot points unresolved, the resurrection takes away any threat and no stakes at all and finally they are again overboard with events that don't matter at the end of it all.

What do you all think? Is this the worst era ever? or is it not as bad as it seems?

Not the worst era but do feel it's overhyped at times. It definitely has it's positive but it also feels like it's hit a slump in terms of movement or development. Feels a bit like it's spinning it's wheels at this time.

Also as usual, the amount of events the line gets drawn into is draining. AXE has really been a disappointment.

Are you the same person who posted this exact thing on Reddit? No, this is not the worst X-Men era or close. Regardless of what you think of it I don't know how you could argue it's the worst.

The absolute worst? That's hyperbole if I've ever heard it. And I absolutely agree that many of the writers (especially Benjamin Percy and Tini Howard) aren't doing it for me, but to call Al Ewing incompetent is insanity.
    Last edited by Bozack; 10-25-2022 at 09:50 PM.

The host of Thinking Critical is too politically oriented, and on that front, we're diametrically opposed. However, occasionally, he makes some good points, and he's usually entertaining to watch because of how worked up he gets and passionate he is about comics, but overall, I don't take him very seriously.

Personally, I'm loving the current era, which I think is brimming with possibilities.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Not even close.

That dudes takes are always god awful and have more to do with pushing his anti left agenda than the actual books.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

The resurrection does take a lot of stakes away, especially since as more and more of the already very few limits on it are removed.

Like even now the only real limit left is "it takes time to do" but for main characters it's always literally just a few seconds

BANNED

Eh, worst seems hyperbolic, but it doesn't live up to the initial wonder of HoxPox at all really.

Krakoa is a killer setting/base though, and resurrection keeps the "kill the main character's girlfriend" types of people at bay, which is great if you're a Jean fan, so this era has its select advantages.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Of course! It's the most absolute worst era....everrrrr.

There. Close the thread.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Yeah now everyone gets murdered all the time instead, and then just come back a page later. Even Magneto's big dramatic death means nothing when he literally says while dying he can come back whenever the hell he wants

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    The host of Thinking Critical is too politically oriented, and on that front, we're diametrically opposed. However, occasionally, he makes some good points, and he's usually entertaining to watch because of how worked up he gets and passionate he is about comics, but overall, I don't take him very seriously.

Personally, I'm loving the current era, which I think is brimming with possibilities.
    Ah thanks for mentionning it's from Thinking Critical. I almost clicked on the video and lost few precious minutes of my life.

To respond to the thread, no it's not, but many people think it is. Please merge this thread with the other "Krakoa is garbage" threads.
    Now that I think of it I wonder why we did not get so many hate threads with the last Gold era. Maybe because those who didn't like it didn't even care to read it, myself included.

Extraordinary Member

It isn't. It would have to be a lot worse to approach the level of awful of the terrigen or Guggenheim eras. But it is probably the moat disappointing since it had so much potential that was totally squandered.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    It isn't. It would have to be a lot worse to approach the level of awful of the terrigen or Guggenheim eras. But it is probably the moat disappointing since it had so much potential that was totally squandered.
    No love for the actual worse era of the X-men? What does Chuck Austen have to do to make you acknowledge his truly awful run?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    No love for the actual worse era of the X-men? What does Chuck Austen have to do to make you acknowledge his truly awful run?
    Get me to read it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Get me to read it in the first place.
    You mean you don't like Sky sex infront parents?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!