Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Personally, I think your cover is fine. I didn't want to name names, but a few covers do have me confused.
    Name them, I am sure people will be glad to explain.
    Mine is from the comic adaptation of H. G. Wells The Time Machine, where a man travels in time.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Name them, I am sure people will be glad to explain.
    Mine is from the comic adaptation of H. G. Wells The Time Machine, where a man travels in time.
    Only two that I don't understand.

K7P5V
    icctrombone
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

K7P5V
    icctrombone
    In both issues there was time travel involved that resulted in THe Avengers fighting The Invaders and The Fantastic Four fighting the Invaders.

I dont know about the Fantastic Four issue as I have never read it. But in that Avengers issue some of the current Avengers had gone back in time and met with The Invaders.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Maybe some posters should consider adding an explanation as to why their covers deal with Time Travel, just a suggestion.
    Well, my cover is based on the old 1960’s Irwin Allen TV show, The Time Tunnel where two scientists (James Darren, Robert Colbert) are lost in time, thanks to a military experiment. I remember watching the reruns in syndication and found it cool.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 10-28-2022 at 05:06 PM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    In both issues there was time travel involved that resulted in THe Avengers fighting The Invaders and The Fantastic Four fighting the Invaders.

I dont know about the Fantastic Four issue as I have never read it. But in that Avengers issue some of the current Avengers had gone back in time and met with The Invaders.
    Actually, with the Avengers and Invaders, that meeting happened before The Invaders were actually created by Roy Thomas. (He did later address that meeting from the Invaders' viewpoint in the first Invaders Annual later on.)

As for the Fantastic Four and the Invaders, the FF traveled back to the WWII era to find a vibranium canister that accidentally got sent back to that time from the (then) present of 1976. This was also when Reed Richards and Ben Grimm had still been alive / active during WWII.

K7P5V
    icctrombone
    I get the confusion. Although Cap's shield in Avengers and the two Torches in the FF Annual were visual clues, they really didn't scream time travel unless one picked up on the characters' histories. I was a bit worried about mine as unless you've heard of the show (and some countries may not have), it's only a cover with an actual typewriter in a store room but nothing says time travel about the cover either. But come on, it's a well done Superman riff down to the curved title logo well worth votes. I am lucky QL had a nice opening sequence with text I could steal.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I get the confusion. Although Cap's shield in Avengers and the two Torches in the FF Annual were visual clues, they really didn't scream time travel unless one picked up on the characters' histories. I was a bit worried about mine as unless you've heard of the show (and some countries may not have), it's only a cover with an actual typewriter in a store room but nothing says time travel about the cover either. But come on, it's a well done Superman riff down to the curved title logo well worth votes. I am lucky QL had a nice opening sequence with text I could steal.
    I used to watch the series. The only thing I didn't like was the ending.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Scott Bakula finales suck. (See: Enterprise)

The whole third season was a bit dodgy as they started breaking their own rules by having him leap back further than his own timeline, and doing weird things like having him leap into a chimpanzee.

I used to watch the series.
    And now there's a new version of Quantum Leap on TV (which has referenced the original series).

Time Twisters #20

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And now there's a new version of Quantum Leap on TV (which has referenced the original series).
    I've been watching it and the Requel factor is there but they seem like they are trying to do more than just make occasional references to the original. I don't like how they wrote out the "Dealing with the Other Person in Sam's Body" angle though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I've been watching it and the Requel factor is there but they seem like they are trying to do more than just make occasional references to the original. I don't like how they wrote out the "Dealing with the Other Person in Sam's Body" angle though.
    There's a thread on it in the Media part of the forums. It is probably a better place to discuss the new show rather than here.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...w-Quantum-Leap