Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    But why not Dimetrodon which is even older, or the gigantic "dragonfly" Meganeura?
    Because once the dragonfly flaps its wings, weird $#!+ happens.

Oh, that's BUTTERfly. Never mind.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I find it telling that covers depicting time traveling involving prehistoric life mostly show dinosaurs, especially T-rex. Maybe it's because they lived further back in the past while mammoths and saber-toothed cats also aren't that different from their modern relatives? But why not Dimetrodon which is even older, or the gigantic "dragonfly" Meganeura?
    Because the T-rex is the super-star of prehistoric ages… I don’t think that Steven Spielberg would argue with me on that point.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

Thank you for the win, everyone. It just goes to show that you can’t go wrong with a classic story.

A Sound of Thunder, as you will recall, took place just after an election, and the moral of the story is that anything we do can, and in fact does, influence the future, including the results of such an election. This is a timely (so to speak) message to keep in mind right now, since the USA will be holding an election next Tuesday. Could we, at some time in the past, have made a mistake that will cause the results of this election to go horribly wrong? Are we even now carelessly somehow “stepping off the path” in a way that will make the country unrecognizable in the future? Think about that before going to the polls next week, which brings us to the subject of the new cover contest that I have just now posted. Have fun, and harm no butterflies.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Congratulatons seismic!

Congrats seismic-2! Love that famous Al Williamson cover, which originally appeared on Weird Science-Fantasy #25 in 1954.

And to quote the great Walt Whitman: O Captain! My Captain!
    Translation: thank you for the votes CaptainEurope and CaptCleghorn

Congratulations, seismic-2!
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Congratulations, seismic-2!