Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Default A.X.E.: JUDGMENT DAY #6 Review/Spoilers

The world's ending. Cap steps through an Eternal transport node, returning to pick up his favorite MILF. He reveals that the Eternals opened up their nodes all over Earth to transport everyone to the Eternals' city for shelter, until the end of the event.

Time to find out what are six human randos are doing
    • Tom distrusts the random portal appearing before them, so he makes his family stay back and burn to death. Only when it's too late does he realize he made a mistake.
    • Who the hell cares what Katrina is doing? At least she also dies.
    • We don't get a lot of detail on Komali, but she also dies. Thinking of her deceased husband, she finds it a comfort at this point.
    • Daniela and her mom make it to safety through a portal.
    • Kenta is teleported, but can't find his parents. Jada comforts him.

Back on Eternalstopia, Starfox is being worshipped by his fans. The humans love the Eternals for saving them. Starfox turns his attention to Nightcrawler, who summarizes some things that happened in previous books, and says that things are going well so far. But then Capsays "The Progenitor will change tactics and we'll be screwed lmao." This turns out to be true: the Progenitor, having Tony Stark's genius brain, simply cracks open the Earth and goes for the Reality Loom deep inside.

Inside the Progenitor, our heroes and the Avengers continue to fight. Makkari tells Sersei that their god temporarily deactivated their protocols and sealed their firewalls. Now the telepaths can't control them, and they can act however they wish.

They find the Progenitor's core and discover a strange creature.

Since the creature doesn't acknowledge them, Jean takes the opportunity to whale on it. But surprise! Ajak to attack Jean from behind.

The Progenitor reaches the Eternal City. Nightcrawler says that they have an unusual mutant circuit that might help them fight. Starfox arms the humans in Uranos' armory with guns. They start shooting at the Celestial, who just casually blows them up. But this is all a distraction: a half-made Syne the Memetaur crawls from the shattered resurrection engines. She made a deal with Exodus to channel his peoples' power through her. Together, they fight back against the Progenitor.

Anyway, Memetaur gets burnt out and falls to the Progenitor a couple of pages later.

Back in the Celestial's core, Ajak complains that Jean is swift to kill, because mutants can just revive and inherit the Earth, while humanity dies today. Continuing to waste precious time, Tony chimes in and says that they should find a way to save everyone, including those who already died. Ajak says that they could convince the Progenitor that the judgment test is flawed.

While the Progenitor reflects on Ajak's words, Jean's fed up with this "maybe if we waste time and talk uwu" crap, and simply has Sinister shoot Ajak, because they need to stop wasting time and save who they can. She goes to attack the core monster, but it backhands her and reminds her that she failed the test. He then goes on a rant about how mutants are eager to kill because they have lower stakes, and some mutants cheer for human death the way humans cheer for theirs.

While the Progenitor ties to lecture, Sersei decides to broadcast her own message to the people of Earth. She reveals how the Eternals resurrection process works, and how humans are sacrificed for it. She apologizes for keeping it a secret and lets humanity judge her.

The Progenitor vaporizes her.

Tony says that Sersei was able to change her ways and fix her mistake. If an Eternal can change, anyone can. (Except for Tom, apparently.) Proggy says that she just gave them more proof that they should die. Ajak grabs some of Sersei's ashes and says that the Celestial doesn't deserve to make the call, it sucks as a god, and destroying them would make it fail in her eyes.

Jean decides to go down the empathy route with the Progenitor. She points out how it said she couldn't come back from her genocide. How would Progs live with itself for doing the same? Tony says some stuff, too. All of this convinces the Progenitor to sacrifice itself to press the reset button and do all of this death and destruction.

As it lay dying, it asks Ajak if it was a worthy god in the end. Seeing the Progenitor change and kill itself to correct its mistakes, she still fails it. Progs is actually cool for once, and asks her to do better.

The gang are back in the Arctic or w/e the Avengers base is. Progs is dead and in the ground. Tony checks his signals and sees that every life is back. Uranos' damage is still there, and the Eternals still have their war scars. But everything else is fine.

Ajak is still here, except now she's a giant woman.

Now acting as their new god, she explains that Sersei pulled a Jesus and bought the Eternals a chance at redemption.

Back to the humies.
    • Tom is still awkward, but he's moving in a positive direction. Also, we see his wife and she appears to be a brown woman? Tom's genes must be strong as hell because his kid looks exactly like him and nothing like her.
    • Since people remember how Katrina did nice things during a crisis, they feed her already-inflated ego. Katrina smugly eats a hotdog. The Progenitor (who says it can still narrate despite being dead) outright implies that she's going to be a worse person after this lmao.
    • Arjun is still dead. Syne apologizes to Komali before bailing.
    • Still the best girl, Daniela continues working.
    • Jada wants to stay in bed all day, but gets a message that makes her get up.
    • Kenta is with his parents again.

Meanwhile, Starfox forces Zuras to formally apologize to Storm and Nightcrawler for all the atrocities they committed against mutants on live television. Mostly because it's the only way will let him be Prime Eternal again. As a way of apology, he gives Arakko a weapon to summon Uranos for an hour, so he can fight for them. Druid, meanwhile, is now Uranos' new cellmate.

Humans have begun protesting the Eternals, who are now hated and feared.

Time for mutants to salvage this sh*tshow. Jean personally scans people for revival. The Phoenix Foundation works independently from Krakoa, and it prioritizes reviving the weak, the vulnerable, and the abandoned. Cyclops later points out that no one can say crap about the mutants now, because they're reviving sick kids; anyone who complains would look like an ass. Unfortunately, Orchis' help in fighting the Progenitors also made them very popular with humans, to the point where Nimrod has his own merch, in the form of a balloon.

Steve meets up with Jada and gives her the coffee he owed her. They sit together and ruminate on how the world sucks, but maybe they can learn to be better.

Celestial Ajak will judge people, but not over a single day. She will judge them over time, and is willing to fail them if the need arises. One thing's for sure, though: Hellion will always pass in her books.

The moral of the story: humans are an obnoxious blight upon society, and the only way for society to improve is to get rid of them. Long live the mutants!
    Last edited by Rift; 10-26-2022 at 07:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Unglaublich!

My only real take from this whole event, and even then it's only really been the last few weeks, is that Nightcrawler absolutely stepped up and called the necessary shots for the mutants. And indeed, the right shots.

Not Cyke. Not Emma. Not Charles. Or Storm. It was Kurt that held the mutant factions together when the chips were completely down. Hopefully, hereon in, he'll get at least some recognition as a tactician and leader instead of simply as a council member and Promoter of The Spark.

Fantastic Member

I just love that Nimrod balloon its so cute

so the Eternals are the new mutants?
    The Mutants got a ok thank you?
    A The Avengers are like they always were? avenging

Excellent recap and as Katrina smugly ate the hot dog I thought, "Rift was right."

The mutants via Exodus working with Syne was cool. I didn't expect Sersi's permenant (for now) death, that was a bit of a shocker. Humanity using Uranos' weapons was a nice moment as well as Jean's shout out to Betsy.

But the Phoenix Foundation was my favorite part. Fantastic, especially how Jean made it clear that it works "independently from Krakoa." Oof.

Thank you for posting the Nimrod balloon.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

For people who were already hating this, don't think anything here is going to change their minds, but personally I loved it. Felt like this book had something to say, really liked the impact on the regular people of Marvel, the status quo change for the Eternals, and the place that it leaves the X-side in. This was not just an X-event but it had good X-impact, I really like its solution to the anger over the resurrection protocols and the Chekhov's gun of giving Ororo Uranus for an hour (and showing Ororo and Kurt meeting with the Eternals at the UN was fun!).

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

The only thing I liked about this issue is that Zuras gave Storm the Weapon to Summon Uranos. And I like the Phoenix Foundation.

But, I did think it was Funny that the Humans are OK with Mutants and Orchis, but hate Eternals now. LOL

Everything else is BLAH!
    Last edited by Cyclone_Ablaze; 10-26-2022 at 07:36 AM.

Fantastic Member

Overall thought this event was...OK I loved Kurt's big moment last issue and I love the Phoenix foundation and it being it's own thing away from karkoa, Seeing Jean more as a figurehead for this faction of the X-men would be cool in the future, which is where I'm hoping it's going. I can feel some kind of divide maybe slowly making it's way in finally? I'm all here for that if it does happen. Also I like the Dynamic now with Orchis, now I wonder if Orchis will try and find a way to smear the X-men's name (who are we kidding of course they will try) now that the public is for them. It presents a nice little conflict between the groups now.

I can't remember a Marvel event comic that I liked from start to finish but every A.X.E. was very good and didn't feel like it dragged.

Krakoa and Orchis teaming up and humanity looking at them both positively is a good way to temporarily shelf that conflict between them. The Phoenix Foundation is a great name for a global resurrection protcol and Nightcrawler has cemented himself as the one of the pillars of Krakoa.

I wonder what people think Arakko will use the 60 minutes of Uranos on?

Astonishing Member

So it's finaly over? Feels even more like a pointless wastefull event to me than i expected from the original premise and promotional material.

Ajak and Tony saved the day

Everyone kept posting that Jean claws feat on twitter which made me think she saved the day. Oomph I was pleasantly surprised she got cut like that.

Exodus and mutantdom and Nimrod Balloon are the best moments

Also the Phoenix Foundation seems like it can only save children with chronic conditions they would be better off getting mutants with clean water powers and healers to prevent the vast majority of childhood deaths

all i can say is that im just ready for Sins Of Sinister

Edit: Interested in the Eternals gifting Arakko use of Uranos for 1hr, I'm curious to see when he'll be getting used
    Last edited by Diammandis; 10-26-2022 at 07:54 AM. Reason: i lied, there in fact is more i have to say
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

I guess there will be some kids wearing Nimrod costumes this year for Halloween in the X-Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Excellent recap and as Katrina smugly ate the hot dog I thought, "Rift was right."
    I TOLD YOU GUYS SHE WAS NASTY
    I SAW RIGHT THROUGH THE WITCH THIS WHOLE TIME

If there's anything to be taken away from this event, it's that Katrina is canonically awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzystarr View Post
    I just love that Nimrod balloon its so cute
    Just imagine creating a balloon like that of Hitler