Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Why do you guys hate Katrina so much? She's only human.
    The worst human.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    The worst human.
    Every human is the worst human.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Ahahahaha, way too funny! Taylor screaming, "You know what you did!" LOL!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Mighty Member

Wonder how apocalypse would react to his people being slaughtered while he was gone with his family?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Wonder how apocalypse would react to his people being slaughtered while he was gone with his family?
    Likely deeming those who died "unfit" and praising the survivors while trying to manipulate them to join him in his plans to create the Age of Apocalpyse by wiping out humanity and creating a social darwinist hellscape on Earth.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

The worst human.
    You just won the price of most fantastic non-answer of the day. Whoop whoop, five out of five stars for you. Congrats mate, you're the bomb.

Now, why do the other people besides Rift hate Katrina so much?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Katrina? who dat?
    De only Katrina I know is...
    Katrina.jpg
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 11-01-2022 at 08:56 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Read this over the weekend. Not as cheesy as I thought it would be, but somehow worse? I dunno. Some jingoistic non-sense about Ameeeerica uniting Earth's survivors and impressing the Big Bad enough to hit the Reset Button might have actually been less facepalm-worthy than Mr. Military–Industrial-Complex and Mrs. I-lilled-4-billion-peeps-but-it-wasn't-me-even-thought-I'm-the-Phoenix-or-something-it's-complicated nagging the Big Bad into submission.

Editorial really, really needs to start telling Gillen to stop writing OP AF villains who spend half the freakin' story talking about themselves. Too late for Sins, but oh well.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 11-01-2022 at 09:57 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Katrina? who dat?
    De only Katrina I know is...
    Katrina.jpg
    That movie was so bad it was awesome. "Formica. Go figure."

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    You just won the price of most fantastic non-answer of the day. Whoop whoop, five out of five stars for you. Congrats mate, you're the bomb.

Now, why do the other people besides Rift hate Katrina so much?
    Thanks. I agree, my answer was pretty amazing. But to give a more serious answer, she's boring. The other humans had a hook, were hot, or were endearing. But Katrina came off as fake right away. She was one of those people who sit on Twitter and talk about wanting justice, mostly so she could get clout. She never actually did anything to help at the time. She finally starts helping people at the end, and immediately becomes a smug, self-righteous jerk with an inflated ego - to the point where the Progenitor says that she's become a worse person for the experience.

Also, I just got bad vibes from her. Lo and behold, I was right.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I won't lie, when I saw that final panel about Katrina I burst out laughing. I remember how ridiculous some members were about Katrina from the jump but wow, you guys were 100% right.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Thanks. I agree, my answer was pretty amazing. But to give a more serious answer, she's boring. The other humans had a hook, were hot, or were endearing. But Katrina came off as fake right away. She was one of those people who sit on Twitter and talk about wanting justice, mostly so she could get clout. She never actually did anything to help at the time. She finally starts helping people at the end, and immediately becomes a smug, self-righteous jerk with an inflated ego - to the point where the Progenitor says that she's become a worse person for the experience.

Also, I just got bad vibes from her. Lo and behold, I was right.
    That Katrina was obviously Gillenister's "commentary" on the Twatters. And he would be correct.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Spectacular Member Kevin Street's Avatar

Just finished this comic. And you know what, I liked it. This was my first Marvel event since... Well, the first one in decades, and it was worth it. I got all the comics written by Gillen, and they hold together quite well as a story. Well done, Marvel.

I especially loved how we checked in with the selected humans throughout the story, including at the end. They were facing Marvel Universe dilemmas that are hard to imagine here in the real world. Like how does Tom explain to his son that the world was ending, but superhumans they'll never meet fixed everything at the last minute? What do the family do with the knowledge that his suspicion of the unknown gate killed them? Or Katrina feeling smug about how she spent her last minutes saving other people. She was a hero, it's true, but the reset undid everything, including her sacrifice. Or poor Komali mourning her husband who's still dead even though everybody else was brought back to life. Or even the weird way that Syne The Memotaur connects two random people in different parts of the globe, even though they'll never know it.

An excellent event.

Ultimate Member

Random follow-up in the last AXE Eternals book, the 'settlement' that the Eternals have begun to make with the various factions include this fun tidbit. The Arakki now have permission to have 1 hour of Uranos' service at any time in the future, to unleash on anyone *they* want smashed into oblivion...