Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

With Krakoa being intimately linked to Warlocke and subsequently the Technarch/Phalanx I don't necessarily see it as a major "fight or be consumed" issue however...If (when?) the Dominion come calling and if they go after Earth and Humanity I can easily see Storm unleashing Uranos on them.

If not...set him on Orchis and done that shit.

*It was a lovely joy to see Druig getting beat to a pulp.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 11-11-2022 at 09:37 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

It's great that Uranos is like super psyched about everything. He definitely won. Got let out, killed a bunch of people, has a cellmate to beat up, and is basically now been promised to be let out AGAIN.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Hickman has always had the problem of putting his story before the characters to the extent that the characters are bent to fit the story. HOXPOX was no different with how it treated Xavier and Moira. But between how terrible the X-Men line had been for so long and how exciting the new status quo was at the time most of us were more than willing to overlook those issues.

In hindsight I think the Moira reveal was Hickman's biggest mistake, not so much for what it did for Moira but in the timeline it established for when Xavier started laying the groundwork for Krakoa. It meant that the entire history of the X-Men from 1963 on had been building specifically towards Krakoa, and that made Krakoa too big to fail. It would have been one thing if Xavier came up with the idea and started working towards Krakoa following M-Day, AvX, or the terrigen crisis. But by making it the culmination of everything Xavier was REALLY working towards since before he gathered the first X-Men Hickman made Krakoa too big to fail, and as a result Krakoa can't fall without invalidating the entire publishing history of X-Men comics.
    You know, I STILL don't really understand how the timeline nonsense works with Moira, did specific events actually happen or did they happen as products of her reset or actually occur then for whatever reason she hit the reset? For example, the Phoenix Five era was referred to as the "Lost Era"...what does that mean?

The Lost Era is more like a phase where mutants were losing and seemed that there was no future for them.

I also believe that it is a meta commentary of a controversially bad phase it was in general for the books. Of course there were some very good books, but the franchise as a whole seemed lost.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    It's great that Uranos is like super psyched about everything. He definitely won. Got let out, killed a bunch of people, has a cellmate to beat up, and is basically now been promised to be let out AGAIN.
    Vote for Uranos as villain of the year next month!
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    With Krakoa being intimately linked to Warlocke and subsequently the Technarch/Phalanx I don't necessarily see it as a major "fight or be consumed" issue however...If (when?) the Dominion come calling and if they go after Earth and Humanity I can easily see Storm unleashing Uranos on them.

If not...set him on Orchis and done that shit.

*It was a lovely joy to see Druig getting beat to a pulp.
    I like that angle: Krakoa isn't actually in danger, but Earth is, so the X-Men refuse to abandon it.

I do wonder though if the inevitable Phalanx stuff is going to be , X-Men specifically like X of Swords or if it'll be a big all hands on deck event. An Uncanny Avengers book makes me think it's everybody

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    The Lost Era is more like a phase where mutants were losing and seemed that there was no future for them.

I also believe that it is a meta commentary of a controversially bad phase it was in general for the books. Of course there were some very good books, but the franchise as a whole seemed lost.
    This is my take on it as well. And rightly so.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    This is my take on it as well. And rightly so.
    Agreed. When that issue was released I remember readers thinking it was a fun dig at that era by Hickman.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I mean I liked AVX