Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Really? The Avengers look terrible for building that thing in the first place. How is Tony Stark still smiling
    I'm not saying they are angels. They messed up badly at the beginning but they did it with good intentions and at the end the Progenitor took back all the murder and the damage it had done. At the end all the damage mutants suffered are due to Eternals and even then it's mostly Druig and his bs.

Edit: Oh and Progenitor was built to stop the war between mutants and eternals and it did exactly that at a crucial moment so..... mission accomplished?
    Last edited by Doom'nGloom; 10-26-2022 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    WOW, it must be Good to be the Morally Gray Pragmatic One and Nobody really disciplines you LOL. *Looking at Beast, Tony, Sinister*
    TBF Sinister is not morally grey, he is completely Evil. And most characters acknowledge that. They haven't been quite able to do anything about it until now but it's clear it's getting to this. Same for Beast, even though it's taking more time.
    I don't read Avengers (and don't care for them) so I'll let A-readers judge is Tony is getting his comeuppance soon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    WOW, it must be Good to be the Morally Gray Pragmatic One and Nobody really disciplines you LOL. *Looking at Beast, Tony, Sinister*
    Did I say it was a good thing?

Also, Sinister is not with those two. As bad as Beast and Tony get, they are not “I fucking carved up Jews for Hitler” Sinister

I'll defend Tony here, in that I don't hold him responsible for the Progenitor's worst attributes It was based off of him, but it was also a messed-up monster with other peoples' programming and expectations, that Tony fought every step of the way. Tony helped talk it down and convince it to do the right thing, by appealing to whatever redeeming qualities it had inside it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Let the record show that Bishop's actions were addressed in Humphries' Uncanny X-Force and later he and Hope had a talk. *returns to seat*
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Did I say it was a good thing?

Also, Sinister is not with those two. As bad as Beast and Tony get, they are not “I fucking carved up Jews for Hitler” Sinister
    Didnt beast use an entire nation as lab rats for an experiment? And didnt tony aid in multiple war crimes with his arms deals before becoming an avenger?

They along with sinister are all on the same boat and they are all trash people. Like the celestial said, it is like tony, as it commits genocide.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Let the record show that Bishop's actions were addressed in Humphries' Uncanny X-Force and later he and Hope had a talk. *returns to seat*
    Bet they didnt read that now, did they?
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    I cannot help feeling there is a significance in the fact it wouldn’t even speak to Sinister let alone judge him. Especially with the forthcoming Sins of Sinister event.
    You may be on to something. After the story there's an ad for JD Omega #1 and below it is this...

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

No one has asked the truly important question yet: Do we think Nightcrawler and Starfox had enough time to hook up?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    Bet they didnt read that now, did they?
    I haven’t read every X-comic ever made no, especially when the first volume was Remender

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    Didnt beast use an entire nation as lab rats for an experiment? And didnt tony aid in multiple war crimes with his arms deals before becoming an avenger?

They along with sinister are all on the same boat and they are all trash people. Like the celestial said, it is like tony, as it commits genocide.
    Sinister is Nazi scum. This automatically makes his lesser than any other scum he is compared to, because whatever else they may have done, they are not Nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    No one has asked the truly important question yet: Do we think Nightcrawler and Starfox had enough time to hook up?
    Find out in the upcoming tie-in one-shot, Nightfox.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    TBF Sinister is not morally grey, he is completely Evil. And most characters acknowledge that. They haven't been quite able to do anything about it until now
    I don't agree that there's nothing they could've done about this. They could have not invited him onto Krakoa, appointed him as part of the Quiet Council, and made countless shady deals with him. Anything Sinister has done/is doing since the start of Krakoa has been completely enabled by the X-Men - or at least the Quiet Council. And even beyond that, they've had a million opportunities to realise their mistakes and have been content to let him remain. It tempers my excitement for Sins of Sinister because I can't help but think that his crimes are 99% down to the heroes' stupidity and/or negligence.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    I don't agree that there's nothing they could've done about this. They could have not invited him onto Krakoa, appointed him as part of the Quiet Council, and made countless shady deals with him. Anything Sinister has done/is doing since the start of Krakoa has been completely enabled by the X-Men - or at least the Quiet Council. And even beyond that, they've had a million opportunities to realise their mistakes and have been content to let him remain. It tempers my excitement for Sins of Sinister because I can't help but think that his crimes are 99% down to the heroes' stupidity and/or negligence.
    Mutant solidarity Agent Grayson, Mutant Solidarity.

I can't say that I really enjoyed this event but there were few good moments.

I agree with the moral of the story the Celestial had no right to judge humanity but that doesn't mean humanity deserves to survive. At the end of the day, only humanity itself can judge humanity and if we are to be extinct, it is due to the sum of our mistakes and not due to the decision of a super powerful being who is incapable of understanding what it is to be a human being.

My biggest criticism is that as with other events of this type we can clearly see that the heroes and people haven't changed at least not in the way that matters. The Avengers created a danger to the planet greater than the war they were trying to avoid, Orchis who created the seeds of conflict is now admired as heroes, the mutants decided to share their gift with humanity and are admired but we know it won't last and that this fragile peace is no different from the remedies that once served as a bargain for a piece on the table between countries and nations.

Basically when the world prospers economically and has peace humanity prospers but when problems arise we blame each other, we start conflicts and regress years until we get up and start all over again.