Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

This event had no Rogue, no Gambit, no Askani, no Kwannon, those should have been included in major roles.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Also the Phoenix Foundation seems like it can only save children with chronic conditions they would be better off getting mutants with clean water powers and healers to prevent the vast majority of childhood deaths
    I agree.

Considering the powers that mutants have access to, there shouldn't even be any chronic condition or disease anymore that they couldn't cure before the person dies.

They can teleport to the center of creation and mine some super mineral from there, but things like saving someone from cancer, MS or ALS are somehow uncurable to the point that they can only clone and replace the person who suffers from it?

It's the same issue as One More Day where seemingly nobody could safe someone from a simple bullet wound, so the hero needs to make a deal with the devil.

Not to forget the weird logic that the best solution to any physical issue is full blown death and replication via cloning.

Overall that's one of the issues of having a status quo which should be world changing, but still sticking to the rule that super powered people can't lastingly change the world at all.

The willing suspension of disbelief on those things works, when either not enough attention is drawn to it, or when the heros remain "outside" the law, which prevents them from legaly making use of their powers like that.
    But neither is the case with this X-men status quo anymore. So it just draws un-needed attention to logical holes.
    Last edited by Grunty; 10-26-2022 at 08:02 AM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I enjoyed this event a lot personally. Lot of interesting angles that made it a lot more fun than the hero vs hero stuff that it initially looked like.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I TOLD YOU GUYS SHE WAS NASTY
    I SAW RIGHT THROUGH THE WITCH THIS WHOLE TIME

If there's anything to be taken away from this event, it's that Katrina is canonically awful.
    She'll be Hellion's arch enemy in his inevitable ongoing series.

As much as i would like to dunk on this event as a whole. Structurally, it's the best we have gotten since well Claremont left the first time. Personally dont care for gillen but he did well. MVP was Ewing tho, Red smashed it 3 for 3. The ending was weak but that's to be expected from most events.

Wondering how storm will use uranos. Hmmm guess we shall see.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    This event had no Rogue, no Gambit, no Askani, no Kwannon, those should have been included in major roles.
    It had Cable on some covers, but other than getting merck’d by Uranos in the first issue he didn’t do shit.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Are the Arakki still dead?

Thanks for the Nimrod Balloon picture.

From the summary I guess most of the issue was people going "let's kill the thing. No ! Ok let's not kill it ! Ok let's kill it anyways. Do we kill it ? Oh it killed itself" and ressurected everybody else except Sersi and Magneto.
    Cannot wait to read it though.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Yes they are. That was underlined.

I thought it was interesting that Jean chose claws over a visor for her psychic totality. And that she asked Sinister for help.

Everything that happened in judgment day is the fault of orchis and moira when she stole the identity of the five to druid and asked to attack krakoa and arakko and now they are celebrating just because they attacked the progenitor so that they hadn't done anything before kurt convinced moira to help them... humans know very well that orchis is an anti-mutant group I don't find it very logical that they should celebrate like that...

the mutants have saved the earth and arakko then allows now brings humans back to life thanks to the protocol, how the x-office will justify that humans do nothing when orchis and their enemy will attack krakoa in fall of x?

the event was cool but the judgment part which wants to show humans, mutants and eternal their mistakes may seem useless when we already know that orchis and other antimutant humans will continue to attack mutants have a perfect example with the u-men in today's new mutant 31...
    Perhaps judgment would have had more of a place after the mutants solved their problem with their enemies rather than before, or else it would have been necessary to keep only the war part between mutant and eternal and leave aside the progenitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    I thought it was interesting that Jean chose claws over a visor for her psychic totality.
    Same here. Very telling.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I'm just here for the Nimrod merch.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    Yes they are. That was underlined.

I thought it was interesting that Jean chose claws over a visor for her psychic totality. And that she asked Sinister for help.
    Wasnt it nice that the story had actual stakes for the characters since they arent all just permanently immortal

Mighty Member

I very much enjoyed this event.

I don't enjoy Sersi dying as she's my favorite Eternal, but otherwise, I very much enjoy this event.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Yeah, the Progenitor reset everything to just before it made final judgment. So the destruction caused by Uranos is still present as well as the fighting across the globe that happened when the world was panicking (we see Cap and Jada talking next to an overturned car, busted up buildings, etc.) So I guess the damage done to Krakoa by the Hex still needs to be repaired.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!