Ok so as Wonder Woman fans we are all aware how much her origins, powers, supporting cast, villains, weapons, tech, purpose, secret identity and locations have been rebooted and altered time and time again, usually whenever a new writer comes on board, which has meant that WW's lore and "corner" of DC has lacked consistency.

So that got me thinking. If DC were to ever do a "Wonder Woman: Synthesis" event, with the aim of picking all the best elements from her history and combining them all into a new status quo, what would you choose and why?

Obviously WW means different things to different people, and so to unify all of her history would be pretty difficult without annoying some fans, but I think the attempt could be made.

Here's what my "Wonder Woman: Synthesis" would look like:

Origin: Marston's classic origin combined with the Perez Well of Souls for the Amazons for extra pathos and feminist discourse.

Powers: All of Diana's historical powers should be utilised, with rarely depicted "gifts" such as her affinity with animals and sisterhood with fire given way more attention.

(these abilities should make conflict with animal associated and fire related villains like Cheetah, Circe and Zara more interesting)

Supporting cast: The Amazons obvs.

I feel the Greek Gods should be more mysterious and communicate with Diana and the Amazons more through portents and prophecies rather than be hanging around in togas but that's just me.

Steve should be Diana's liaison to the goverment, other superheroes and be the pilot for the invisible jet (it makes sense and you have to give him something to do)

Etta and the Holliday Girls could be the more academic side of mystical research (think Willow and Giles in Buffy)

As for the Wonder Girls, this probably makes me a bad WW fan but I've never cared for them. Maybe if they had a distinct point of view separate from Diana, like they're representatives of Reformation Island in man's world and are there to actively reform the villains once Diana has subdued them?

I don't care about keeping any rando Siegfrieds or White Gorillas around, but the fun side-characters which actually have something to do with her mythos like Ferdinand should definitely be a fixed presence for sure.

Villains: All the golden age rogues should be consistantly used, with the Greek Mythology villains as "backers" for the human villains rather than battling Diana themselves.

Think Dr Poison experimenting using mythological magic, Cheetah being gifted with powers and weapons by her own dark pantheon etc. This way WW's villains would be gifted by darker gods in the same way she is gifted by the Greek pantheon.

Tech: I think the Amazons should have developed their own tech such as the purple healing ray, but that the tech is a combination of science and magic. With the magic being more "faith/worship" based like the Cleric class in Dungeons & Dragons.

The Invisible Jet should be this faith based magic combined with Steve's downed plane (hence giving him something to do by allowing him to fly it)

Purpose: What makes Diana unique among all heroes is her loving compassion and so I feel that DC needs to return her to her reformative roots.

This doesn't just mean visiting her villains in prison, but actively spreading the psychology around the world. Maybe she can build her own mini Reformation Islands, sort of like more benevolent Arkham Asylums thay she's the director of.

Secret Identity: This is probably too nostalgia based to keep around, but the juxtaposition between a lie/secret identity and a goddess of truth creates a juicy and fun conflict, so maybe she can have one when undercover/operating within the goverment.

Locations: Olympus is her Krypton, in that it should always be on her periphery but I don't think she should ever be able to go there.

Themyscira is her Kent Farm, it's where her people are, and where she returns to ground herself.

The Themysciran Embassy is her Wayne Manor/Batcave in man's world. It's where she lives, where her stuff is, where the jet is parked etc. It could also have a research wing for Etta and the Holliday girls. Basically Rucka's run without all the boring West Wing staffers with extra mystical departments built in.

The Invisible Jet should be her mobile Fortress of Solitude and have enough room to have her armory in the back and to carry others in (much like Waid's Trinity version)

There also should be her version of Arkham Asylum with the aforementioned "Reformation Asylum", and if you want her version of the Daily Planet/Wayne Enterprises for her secret identity have her sometimes be a freelance agent in the government or something.

(Apologies for using Superman and Batman's lore as comparison, but Diana has SO MUCH cool stuff and I want to see writers use it instead of her always operating out of a generic Washington apartment! She SHOULD have her own version of the Batcave and Fortress!)

That's it. Thanks for reading my tedious WW fan fic!

What would your "Wonder Woman: Synthesis" be?