Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Heasensy32 View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but I so don't want to see Parker back as a poor low wage worker fighting shocker and vulture again. I want this industry stick long enough to eventually take Spider-man into space fighting cosmic based threats.
    Eh, I don't mind it. Not necessarily low-wage, but just an ordinary Joe working a white-collar job. No need to make him into yet another rich guy, and let's face it, other than the entire enterprise collapsing completely, that's the only other option going forward.
    "If you're afraid - don't do it - and if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan

i hope it sticks around for a long while. its about time he 'grows up' and moves on with his life. there are other issues in this world besides struggling to find money to pay for stuff. i think alot of us deal with that enough in our lives.

i think parker industries is silly

They tried this same thing in the 90s when Peter got a job in a tech-company. The company folded in a year and Peter was back to his usual status-quo.

The same thing will happen again here. Count on it.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    They tried this same thing in the 90s when Peter got a job in a tech-company. The company folded in a year and Peter was back to his usual status-quo.

Are we thinking about the same era during the Byrne relaunch? If so, he was fired for a perceived lack of interest in the job as he kept being late/waylaid because Spider-man. It was really badly handled IMO.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

The tech company angle's been part of the series since the Big Time began four years ago. This is just the newest step in that.

It's different from what Mackie and Byrne did, although a problem there was Mackie's shortcomings in long-term plotting.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Chicken View Post
    Parker luck, Slott will see to that.
    I should've rephrased it, but I meant that I don't see Slott using Parker Luck as that sort of thing.
    I can see Peter missing out on big contracts and opportunities to succeed and make Parker Industries on the level as Stark Industries, but I don't really see it going away.

They already axed photography and him being a teacher, so there aren't many jobs left that still go with who Peter Parker is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    I should've rephrased it, but I meant that I don't see Slott using Parker Luck as that sort of thing.
    I can see Peter missing out on big contracts and opportunities to succeed and make Parker Industries on the level as Stark Industries, but I don't really see it going away.

They already axed photography and him being a teacher, so there aren't many jobs left that still go with who Peter Parker is.
    Hal Jordan used to been a truck driver and a toy salesman and he eventually went back to his old job testing out jets. The same will eventual happen to Peter.

I don't know about you guys, but I so don't want to see Parker back as a poor low wage worker fighting shocker and vulture again. I want this industry stick long enough to eventually take Spider-man into space fighting cosmic based threats.
    No because thats a terrible idea now as a team up adventure I could see it but as an arc, no. Street level heroes handle street crimes, mystics handle mystical, and cosmic heroes handle comic threats. Its how the natural order of things work.
    Last edited by stingnewell; 09-04-2014 at 07:47 AM.

Parker Industries will be taken over by Stark Industies...Its only a matter of time.
    Last edited by eSoldier; 09-06-2014 at 04:28 PM.
    Stay Calm. Carry Guns.

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Monk View Post
    No need to make him into yet another rich guy, and let's face it, other than the entire enterprise collapsing completely, that's the only other option going forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by genixx View Post
    i hope it sticks around for a long while. its about time he 'grows up' and moves on with his life. there are other issues in this world besides struggling to find money to pay for stuff. i think alot of us deal with that enough in our lives.
    They tried this same thing in the 90s when Peter got a job in a tech-company. The company folded in a year and Peter was back to his usual status-quo.The same thing will happen again here. Count on it.
    Isn't it possible that the plan is to keep Parker Industries an ongoing plot in the comic, much as being a photographer at the Bugle was for so long a time - but with the normal amount of Parker luck affecting his business? Taking pictures for the Bugle was always both a problem and a solution, depending on the day; I see Peter-as-scientist going much the same. I don't think Slott will just have the company fold, but rather ride the ups and downs of the ongoing ways it influences the life/stories of Peter Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    ...because this. (Not that things in comics don't revert even if it doesn't make sense.)

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Are we thinking about the same era during the Byrne relaunch? If so, he was fired for a perceived lack of interest in the job as he kept being late/waylaid because Spider-man. It was really badly handled IMO.
    Least favorite Spidey stories ever. I quit comics because of them (and the cancellation of Slingers).

-Pav, who is still enamored with Mackie's pre-reboot storyline involving SHOC, Morbius, Hammerhead, and Hydra...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    Hal Jordan used to been a truck driver and a toy salesman and he eventually went back to his old job testing out jets. The same will eventual happen to Peter.

No because thats a terrible idea now as a team up adventure I could see it but as an arc, no. Street level heroes handle street crimes, mystics handle mystical, and cosmic heroes handle comic threats. Its how the natural order of things work.
    Captain America, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Wolverine, Deadpool etc all have had adventures in space and stopped cosmic level villians before. Spidey himself has been in space before and it was a long time ago.

Plus peter has a heavy science background and the resources to fit into fantastic four type arcs and stories.
    Last edited by Heasensy32; 09-04-2014 at 11:00 AM.

BANNED

Captain America, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Wolverine, Deadpool etc all have had adventures in space and stopped cosmic level villians before. Spidey himself has been in space before and it was a long time ago.

Plus peter has a heavy science background and the resources to fit into fantastic four type arcs and stories.
    As i said I can see Spider-Man doing a team up in space one or two issues in space but an entire arc centered around him in space, eh not gonna happen. I am familiar with Spidey's past cosmic adventures team ups included Adam Warlock and his ventures into the Negative Zone though I'm guessing the latter did poorly.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

The idea of Peter heading up his own company is interesting. A lot of us thought the end of Big Time would mean a regression for Peter's job status, and boy were we ever wrong. So kudos to Slott for taking it to the next level.

BANNED

As i said I can see Spider-Man doing a team up in space one or two issues in space but an entire arc centered around him in space, eh not gonna happen. I am familiar with Spidey's past cosmic adventures team ups included Adam Warlock and his ventures into the Negative Zone though I'm guessing the latter did poorly.
    Well there is that Web of life and magic spider totem spidey has going for him, so spidey already has supernatural elements in his series. So why no elaborate his effect in the cosmic scope with him being a part of some spider multiversal balance like the Phoenix force? Plus the venom symbiote comes from space also has an arc about it with the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Considering that DC can always pull a reboot doesn't really help that argument.
    If Marvel does decide to reboot Spider-Man, then he will obviously go back to working at the Daily Bugle. But since he's blacklisted, I don't see how they can put him back in that field and make it seem natural.