Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I’ve seen you post this and I love it! (Jason being my only exception. I have the hardest time working with him as he was originally portrayed, but I think I’ve figured out what I’ll do with him.)
    I'm also not a Jason fan but I'm mostly just disturbed that the guy who raped Diana's mother and enslaved her people is there...............

Siggy and Warkiller are chill though, they can be Wonderbros. And Ferdinand ought to have a spot too.

But I think a big cast is kind of a staple of the character, as much as that's been forgotten in recent years. One of her main distinguishing features from day 1 was the fact that she had different allies for different things. In the GA, the Holliday Girls, Steve, and the Amazons were all their own little silos who'd occasionally mix and match join her for different adventures; in Perez's run you had the Kapatelises and Myndi, Steve/Etta, and the Amazons as their own crews. And at the end of the day, she doesn't disappear into the sunset or retreat to a secret fortress - she stays with her friends, which I think is really cool.

Just have different allies who work with her for different things, as is the case in real life - you have your family, work friends, school friends, hobby friends, etc. and you mix and match but mostly do different things with each of them. Donna can be her main buddy for cosmic walkabouts; Nubia and Philippus her main partners in diplomatic affairs; Yara, Ferdinand, and Artemis for cross-pantheon mythological mishaps; the other Amazons for their own internal affairs; Steve/Etta/Siggy for Villainy Inc. type stuff; Julia Kapatelis as the chief researcher, aka the Giles to her Buffy; etc. Take advantage of how big and diverse her stories can be and let the supporting cast reflect that.

And it's clearly very possible to make it back. Steve Orlando did an amazing job of including a big, diverse supporting cast from all corners of her universe without it ever feeling bloated. He even brought back Peng Deilan, king status right there.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Diana, Steve, and Etta. The classic trio. Rotate everyone else over time. So you can get the Kapatelis one arc and the Sandsmarks another arc. Switch to some mythological-themed arc then bring Diana back down to Gateway City. I think this is fair for the character currently having one book.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    I'm also not a Jason fan but I'm mostly just disturbed that the guy who raped Diana's mother and enslaved her people is there...............

Siggy and Warkiller are chill though, they can be Wonderbros. And Ferdinand ought to have a spot too.

But I think a big cast is kind of a staple of the character, as much as that's been forgotten in recent years. One of her main distinguishing features from day 1 was the fact that she had different allies for different things. In the GA, the Holliday Girls, Steve, and the Amazons were all their own little silos who'd occasionally mix and match join her for different adventures; in Perez's run you had the Kapatelises and Myndi, Steve/Etta, and the Amazons as their own crews. And at the end of the day, she doesn't disappear into the sunset or retreat to a secret fortress - she stays with her friends, which I think is really cool.

Just have different allies who work with her for different things, as is the case in real life - you have your family, work friends, school friends, hobby friends, etc. and you mix and match but mostly do different things with each of them. Donna can be her main buddy for cosmic walkabouts; Nubia and Philippus her main partners in diplomatic affairs; Yara, Ferdinand, and Artemis for cross-pantheon mythological mishaps; the other Amazons for their own internal affairs; Steve/Etta/Siggy for Villainy Inc. type stuff; Julia Kapatelis as the chief researcher, aka the Giles to her Buffy; etc. Take advantage of how big and diverse her stories can be and let the supporting cast reflect that.

And it's clearly very possible to make it back. Steve Orlando did an amazing job of including a big, diverse supporting cast from all corners of her universe without it ever feeling bloated. He even brought back Peng Deilan, king status right there.
    I think Jason as Diana’s twin is unnecessary and problematic for Diana’s origin, iconography and thematically. As unnecessary in the same ways as I think the Zeus origin is. But again, that’s just my POV and my sensibilities.

I think I’ve found a way to make Jason work for me, but it changes his origin.

I like everything you’ve mentioned about mixing up all the characters in different aspects of Diana’s life - it’s been sorely lacking in her title when her prior casts get booted and often never heard from again.

The WW comic having a cast that includes Venusian monarch, immortal Amazons, a Minotaur, a Viking god, a werecheetah by night and a twin brother from a parallel universe seems a perfect thing for the X-files Capital of the DCU.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I like a lot of these characters and want to see them used interchangeably as needed.
    Yes, please!

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Yes, please!
    Lol, I know, right?

You would think that a writer would take advantage of having all of these great characters and actually use them in interesting stories!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Incredible Member

I just finished watching Superman/Batman: Apocolypse. In this animated film, Wonder Woman and the Amazons play a major role. One of the Amazons is Harbinger/Lyla Michaels. I'm not sure if that's comics accurate or not, but I really liked seeing Harbinger as an honorary Amazon. She is extremely powerful. In the film, she has foresight, flight, and multiplicity. She talks about her love for the Amazons, her and Kara have a pretty good, if short, relationship, and the place her in a much more modest but still appealing costume.

How would you all feel if Harbinger was an Amazon in Rebirth continuity? Personally, I would love to see as part of the Wonder mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    I'm also not a Jason fan but I'm mostly just disturbed that the guy who raped Diana's mother and enslaved her people is there
    People would pick a rapist over Jason lol