Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default KELLY T.'s Capt. MARVEL X-over: Revenge of the BROOD!

https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic...ariant=5488983
    MARVEL COMICS · RELEASES NOV 2ND, 2022
    Captain Marvel #43
    Davila Variant

HORROR IN THE STARS! Many experiences honed Carol Danvers into the Captain Marvel she is today. Some of them are beautiful stories, and and some of them are horror stories! This is the latter. Join superstar scribe Kelly Thompson and “Last of the Marvels” artist Sergio Dávila as Carol and some eXciting guest stars come together on a mission in the stars that will change everything for Captain Marvel!
    From the lady herself: https://1979semifinalist.substack.com/p/special-guest
    While I have you, I’m sure a bunch of you saw late last week that this cover for CAPTAIN MARVEL #44 dropped — and thus we now know both the team Carol is taking with her on her “horror/space adventure” — and also, who the big bads will be. Below is the cover by Juan Frigeri and the solicit text in case you missed it:

CM #44 main cover by Juan Frigeri · RELEASES DEC 7TH, 2022

"REVENGE OF THE BROOD" PART 2! Carol Danvers returns to space – and to the X-Men?! A mysterious degraded message from Rogue has arrived at the same time that Carol's emergency beacon begins screaming with cries from Binary... and that cannot possibly be a coincidence. Carol assembles a team of allies, including Polaris, Gambit, Wolverine, and Psylocke, bent on rescue, but what they find instead is a dangerous old enemy bent on revenge!!

And this whole team — Captain Marvel, Spider-Woman, Hazmat, Polaris, Wolverine, Gambit, and Psylocke is together for the full arc — CAPTAIN MARVEL #43 - #49. (plus expect some appearances by Binary and Rogue and MAYBE some other guests - wink wink, nudge nudge). ...

AND. Because I love you an extra lot, here’s a quick sneak peek at Sergio Davila’s incredible take on our gorgeous team:

Polaris, Wolverine, and Gambit - from Captain Marvel #43 (!) - art by Sergio Davila

... Psylocke! This is really my first time getting to write Kwannon and

I. AM. EXCITE.

I hope I don’t **** it up!
    SO. AM. I! 🤩

BANNED

And a variant for #44 from Hellions artist Stephen Segovia:

Last but hardly least, so far, prepare and... BE AFRAID, be VERY AFRAID!!

https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic...tain-marvel-45
    MARVEL COMICS · RELEASES JAN 4TH, 2023
    Captain Marvel #45

REVENGE OF THE BROOD, PART THREE
    Captain Marvel and her eXcellent allies revel in their big win against the Brood, but all is not quite what it seems… Carol and her friends have miles to go before they sleep. The Brood has always been one of the universe’s most dangerous foes, and one of Carol Danvers’ greatest enemies. And now, under the rule of an Empress Brood gone rogue, with a hive mind bent on revenge, what could possibly stop them?

➕ I really like how...

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Kelly... gave Lorna back a little of her long-lost edge in Deadpool #6.

💚
    Rogue once rescued Polaris in space, now it's her time to return the favor. Remy was along for the ride also, and now Kwannon & Laura will be 2.

Fun! This is definitely a big win for Polaris who has been pretty neglected as of late. If the X-books are doing a reshuffling after Fall of X, it'd be cool to have Kelly Thompson back in the mix.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    And a variant for #44 from Hellions artist Stephen Segovia:

Is that Laura seated up front (I'm guessing it's her rather than Jess because black is much more her color)? Because DAMN she needs to do the evening gown look for formal occasions more often. No more pant suits or tuxedo shorts.

Veryyy verrry looking forward to this book. Probably more than anything else coming. But I’m a little bit surprised that Rogue doesn’t seem to be a major character in the arc seems like we will see her a bit her or there.
    Last edited by Romy134; 10-28-2022 at 11:38 AM.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Wait I thought the brood were handled when Broo ate the egg?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Fun! This is definitely a big win for Polaris who has been pretty neglected as of late. If the X-books are doing a reshuffling after Fall of X, it'd be cool to have Kelly Thompson back in the mix.
    It's not.

Although Kelly Thompson has done well with Lorna in the past, this is the exact OPPOSITE of where she should be right now. Her father just died resisting an attempted genocide. Lorna should be directly involved in the aftermath of those events. Off in the outer reaches of space doing some random space stuff entirely disconnected from the aftermath is incredibly damning of the X-Men office.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

That dresses cover...wow .

A reminder of what Polaris did the last time her father (appeared to have) died in a genocide, for the Marvel apologists to compare it with what the current X-Men office bent over backwards to do this time.

(P.S. anyone who responds with something like "Well that second part was Austen so that makes it something to ignore" automatically goes in the hole)
    Last edited by salarta; 10-27-2022 at 09:55 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    It's not.

Although Kelly Thompson has done well with Lorna in the past, this is the exact OPPOSITE of where she should be right now. Her father just died resisting an attempted genocide. Lorna should be directly involved in the aftermath of those events. Off in the outer reaches of space doing some random space stuff entirely disconnected from the aftermath is incredibly damning of the X-Men office.
    Yes on par with my expectations for the X-office.

They will publish and promote whoever they want. What happens in stories and whatever past history characters have are not something that we should count on.

I will use a reply I have seen used here before: "they can always do a flashback later"./s

I am happy that these characters get used because the X-office seems lukewarm towards them at best.

Good to see you PolarIceFire friend, and I love how you set this up. I had forgotten that the arc starts next week so I'm even more stoked about it. To the stars!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Yes! I'm excited for this. I love it when Carol Danvers hangs with her X-friends so I'm all for strengthening those bonds. I often enjoy Kelly Thompson's writing so this will hopefully be a fun read.

I don't exactly like Carol but I'm glad the mutants are integrated in the Marvel family once more.
    That's a weird team-up though. Do any of them have any history with Captain Marvel ?

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    Wait I thought the brood were handled when Broo ate the egg?
    He has lost control of some of them in New Mutants.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I don't exactly like Carol but I'm glad the mutants are integrated in the Marvel family once more.
    That's a weird team-up though. Do any of them have any history with Captain Marvel ?
    Laura has some, though it's minor. She's also had to deal with the Brood once before.