Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    So he's a speciesist and a bully
    Yeah he's pretty great. And if Broo doesn't fix things, thrn Hellion was right to hate on him.

(And if Broo does get involved and fixes things, I have a panel of him and Hellion bonding, so all my bases are covered.)
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

BANNED

Gentle reminder:
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    ... https://1979semifinalist.substack.com/p/special-guest
    CM #44 main cover by Juan Frigeri · RELEASES DEC 7TH, 2022

"REVENGE OF THE BROOD" PART 2! Carol Danvers returns to space – and to the X-Men?! A mysterious degraded message from Rogue has arrived at the same time that Carol's emergency beacon begins screaming with cries from Binary... and that cannot possibly be a coincidence. Carol assembles a team of allies, including Polaris, Gambit, Wolverine, and Psylocke, bent on rescue, but what they find instead is a dangerous old enemy bent on revenge!!

And adding the new, official solicits we just got, for:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    ... X-MEN #19
    GERRY DUGGAN (W) • STEFANO CASELLI (A) • Cover by JUAN FRIGERI
    LORD OF THE BROOD, PART 1!

When the X-Men get a distress call from deep space, they find that the galaxy’s Brood problem is not as solved as they’d thought! Rogue Brood factions have begun running wild (as seen in CAPTAIN MARVEL right now!), and it’s up to the X-Men to get to the bottom of why! Main cover connects to CAPTAIN MARVEL #46!...
    ... CAPTAIN MARVEL #46
    KELLY THOMPSON (W) • JAVIER PINA (A) • Cover by JUAN FRIGERI
    REVENGE OF THE BROOD – PART 4!

Carol Danvers is on an X-press elevator to her own personal hell! And the Brood Empress is determined to ensure the Captain and all of her friends make it to their destination. Rescuing their team and getting out alive has always been the goal, but the odds are more deeply stacked against her team than Carol can even imagine. Main cover connects to X-MEN #19!

Also, there'll be a 'Trading Card' variant by Dauterman for X-Men #19. Probably the group shot, I figure. Captain Marvel #46 gets one as well, but it's from...
    Greg Land!! 😜

BANNED

Exclusive Preview: “Captain Marvel” #44, @MultiversityComics.com
    Marvel recently announced that, in the run-up to the 50th issue of Kelly Thompson’s “Captain Marvel,” the series will have a crossover with “X-Men,” titled ‘Lord of the Brood,’ and a prelude to that is already underway in Carol Danvers’s solo title. We are pleased to present an exclusive preview of next week’s issue, which comprises the second chapter of ‘Revenge of the Brood.’ ...

BANNED

This looks interesting. Good use of Lorna and hope it continues.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Damn she tossed Laura into outer space, that's messed up!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I love the dynamic, Laura saving Polaris, moment later Polaris saving Laura they work so well together.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, I think it looks & reads pretty darn good! Agreed, I like how she's seeming more calm, cool, and collected, most the time. There's almost this growing levelheadedness, that I'm sensing, and I think it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Damn she tossed Laura into outer space, that's messed up!
    IKR, Brogue must've copped some of Anna's often uncompromising, all or nuthin attitude, after infectin' her.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I love the dynamic, Laura saving Polaris, moment later Polaris saving Laura they work so well together.
    Same here, their pairing has chemistry & it's definitely got potential, though it does need to be fleshed out more. It's a no-brainer on paper especially, given their respective "family" line similarities. But some feeling through emotional bonding should start bein' added, to solidify its believability, and gain more enthusiastic interest & investment from fans.

Also, Juan678 added a separate preview thread, w/smaller but clearer, better quality piX than mine: Captain Marvel #44 preview, Community.CBR.com

And I thought this was kinda cool, and informative: Comic Book / Revenge Of The Brood - TV Tropes
    Warning: *Revenge of the Brood* is a direct sequel to events in X-Men (2019), X-Men (2021), and Captain Marvel (Kelly Thompson), so Late Arrival Spoilers for those comics may be unmarked on this page.

Revenge of the Brood is an upcoming comic book event from Marvel Comics, a 2023 Bat Family Crossover between X-Men (2021) and Captain Marvel (Kelly Thompson).

On the eve of Empyre, the New Mutants accidentally came into possession of a Brood King Egg...

• Bat Family Crossover: Between Gerry Duggan's X-Men and Kelly Thompson's Captain Marvel. ...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Just so long as it doesn't lead to a scene of Lorna using unconscious Laura as a meat puppet again.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I have a bad feeling in which Laura that is?

Same here, their pairing has chemistry & it's definitely got potential, though it does need to be fleshed out more. It's a no-brainer on paper especially, given their respective "family" line similarities. But some feeling through emotional bonding should start bein' added, to solidify its believability, and gain more enthusiastic interest & investment from fans.
    Logan and Magneto are an amazingly popular and interesting relationship dynamic. But, that popular dynamic wouldn't be possible without real tension between them and the occasional serious throw downs.

Bunn and Williams both tried to make Lorna and Daken sparkle and yah they did have a heart to heart about daddy issues. But, the relationship failed entirely due to a certain reality that being what would Magneto and Logan have been without any real tension or conflict? We both know the answer is entirely forgettable which was what Magneto and Logan were until the 90s. People tend to forget Logan and Mags got along very well in the 80s like Laura and Lorna here. The 90s were a very different story and that launched their modern fun and very popular allies and frienemies relationship in the 00s to now.

Duggan could have played up the conflict angle a bit more from Lorna using Laura as a weapon, but to be frank it needs a lot more than that. Don't get me wrong Lorna and Laura relationship could be extremely interesting and popular, but it won't go anywhere if they attempt the same thing they tried with Lorna and Daken.
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-03-2022 at 08:40 AM.

BANNED

It's comiX-Wednesday eve and...
    SAME RULES APPPLY as before:

SPOILER warning, re. piX & pgs., IF... ya hit the link:

https://twitter.com/CaptMarvelNews/s...36334961938433

✴️Captain Marvel NEWS / Fan Account
    @CaptMarvelNews

OMG Captain Marvel #44 was sooo good! This arc is killing it! Don’t you miss tomorrow’s issue! Man, Lots of action, interactions and that unexpected ending! What a cliffhanger to next month’s 45!!!
    @79SemiFinalist writes Carol SO well and @SergioDavila007 art is superb!
    All I'll say is, looks to be a good thing they got Polaris w/'em... or they'd be fucked.

It's comiX-Wednesday eve and...
    SAME RULES APPPLY as before:

SPOILER warning, re. piX & pgs., IF... ya hit the link:

https://twitter.com/CaptMarvelNews/s...36334961938433

All I'll say is, looks to be a good thing they got Polaris w/'em... or they'd be fucked.
    So good to see lorna getting that shine. that slight green around them shows lorna must be keeping them all safe save for Captain Marvel. i was thinking of subscribing to this but i really think i will now. I am starting to get ideas for a room of comics now, help me. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    So good to see lorna getting that shine. that slight green around them shows lorna must be keeping them all safe save for Captain Marvel. i was thinking of subscribing to this but i really think i will now. I am starting to get ideas for a room of comics now, help me. lol
    It sure is. KT does seem to have at least some fondness for her and a good handle on what she's capable of. It seems like it's gonna be an eXciting & entertaining ride, but not without repercussions, so it sounds like a solid bet. I can relate, and why it's pretty much digital first now, with some select, collected stuff thereafter. As it is, I'm planning on going through what I already have, and paring that down.