Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Jess is me, lol. Knew there was a reason she's always been one of my favorites. Art is great & overall, as eXpected... this looks AWESOME!

This looks so good! I love Jess' excitement and that message is quite ominous.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I guess that she has just heard what happened with Gambit, rushed to the Middle Earth to kill some wizard, and now she realized it's not that easy and needs help.

Are we to assume this takes place AFTER the events of Spider-Man #1?
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Where is that from? I would like some context of what's happening there.
    Towards the end of Claremont's first run on Uncanny X-Men Lorna is captured by Legion/The Shadow King and is being freed.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Yes on par with my expectations for the X-office.

They will publish and promote whoever they want. What happens in stories and whatever past history characters have are not something that we should count on.

I will use a reply I have seen used here before: "they can always do a flashback later"./s

I am happy that these characters get used because the X-office seems lukewarm towards them at best.
    I really hope they don't confine Lorna's response to Judgement Day to a flashback or offhand comment. Though frankly this book isn't the place for her to have a response to it. That they didn't include her in the story or even had a one shot about it heavily implies they aren't interested at this time. Hopefully this space arc is a good story, and it probably will be, but let's just say I would have a more enthusiastic response to it had it started 6 months ago.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-28-2022 at 11:47 AM.

BANNED

I wonder how Carol & co. end up with the Brood team they do, by way of going to the Treehouse? Why would Lorna, Laura, and frequent guest Remy, even be there still, let alone Kwannon? Unless whoever is there suggests them, and says as reserves that they're the only ones available, or somethin'... I guess? I mean, it couldn't be a flashback tale, could it? Say... sometime during the 2nd 1/2 of '21 XM's yr. 1? It's curious, no matter what, I think.

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe they happened to be holding down the fort while the current X-Men team are on mission. It'll be interesting to see how they come together.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. Maybe they happened to be holding down the fort while the current X-Men team are on mission. It'll be interesting to see how they come together.
    Agreed, and that's a strong possibility now that you mention it, given the current CotV storyline. So... Synch?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    This looks so good! I love Jess' excitement and that message is quite ominous.
    IT DOES!! Her line:

EH. I DON'T WANT TO "VISIT" LIKE A TOURIST. I WANT TO BE THERE "ON BUSINESS."

was my FAVORITE!

Yep, worried about Rogue, and everybody really. To alleviate some of that...
    EVERYBODY, meet:
    GERRY

And he doesn't look...
    a thing like Duggan!

I guess that she has just heard what happened with Gambit, rushed to the Middle Earth to kill some wizard, and now she realized it's not that easy and needs help.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Got me, not sure when this takes place, TBH.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I'm presuming before.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Where is that from? I would like some context of what's happening there.
    It's from UXM#269, from 1990. Rogue and the Carol persona are separated into 2 beings after Rogue comes out of the Seige Perolus. Carol/Binary is in space with the Starjammers.

I am super looking forward to this arc in Captain Marvel. It will be so great seeing my faves written by Kelly Thompson again. She is probably my favorite writer at Marvel right now. Her characterization is always good and she does fun comics. Also, I always love a good Brood story, even if some it's bite has already been removed from this story knowing that as a very last resort any of the mutants taken over by a Brood can just be killed and brought back by the resurrection protocols. The preview has us off to a great start start for sure. The art is really good too.

I agree with everyone that it will be interesting to see how this particular group of mutants come together for this mission(aside from Gambit of course), and getting a better idea when this is set in relation to other comics(Duggan X-Men Year 1?). Kwannon definitely seems like the odd one out at this point. I know she is getting a big push right now and lots of writers seem to want to write her, but I really don't get it and I honestly don't have much attachment to her yet. She is not Betsy and she does not have a large shared history with with all these characters or a long career as a superhero, but she has instantly been given all this cred, trust, and respect by everyone in the comics and it just baffles me. She was a professional killer for the Hand and crime lords for much of her history for goodness sake! Oh well, I am sure Thompson will make her inclusion make sense so sorry for the tangent . Anyway, I am especially looking forward to seeing Gambit interact with non-mutant heroes(he doesn't get to do that very often nowadays), and I am interested in seeing how Thompson handles his and Laura's relationship. I wouldn't mind seeing moments like the following-

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    I’m glad to have KT handling the characters for a few months because she knows their histories and actually cares about them. She will at least treat Gambit respectfully and not as the butt of every joke or as a airheaded caricature. While I found MMX’s Gambit and XMen Red’s Gambit a little boring, at least he was a competent and likable member of the team. I can’t wait to get back to that feeling.

I’m looking forward to this. The art looks gorgeous! The cast is amazing. I actually think it’s kind of funny Gambit is the only guy. I mean, how many past teams or groups in fiction have a single token female among them, and that’s the norm? (Y’know back in the day when I’d be playing Thundercats with my friends and it’s like, oh I guess I’m Cheetarah bc she’s the only girl and I’ll just be passed out on the ground over here anytime something exciting happens, so maybe I’m sensitive to that). But I think he’ll be living his best life with a team of hot women. Maybe we can look forward to seeing Gambit interact with his brother-in-law Kurt in next year’s Rogue & Gambit series. I would adore that.
    Agree with all this! Especially the bolded. That was my exact thought when I saw this team. It wouldn't even be questioned or remarked on it if was a bunch of guys with only one woman in the group.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post

Ha! Exactly my reaction to that post.
    Last edited by thjan; 10-28-2022 at 06:12 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    Wait I thought the brood were handled when Broo ate the egg?
    I vaguely recall there was some text somewhere that the Kree, who created the King Egg as a mechanism to allow them to control the Brood when they wanted to point them at an enemy, were not amused that Broo stole their doomsday-weapon-for-a-rainy-day, and were making *more* King Eggs so as to diffuse his control (by having the Brood get all sorts of conflicting dominance signals, I guess?).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    Agreed, and that's a strong possibility now that you mention it, given the current CotV storyline. So... Synch?

IT DOES!! Her line:

EH. I DON'T WANT TO "VISIT" LIKE A TOURIST. I WANT TO BE THERE "ON BUSINESS."

was my FAVORITE!

Yep, worried about Rogue, and everybody really. To alleviate some of that...
    EVERYBODY, meet:
    GERRY

And he doesn't look...
    a thing like Duggan!

I know not everyone likes the Roger x Jess pairing but I hope Roger still visits Gerry from time to time... though the last time we saw Roger was him mugging a pizza delivery guy..

Serious question, who is Roger? Is he a regular dude or does he have a spandex costume?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    A reminder of what Polaris did the last time her father (appeared to have) died in a genocide, for the Marvel apologists to compare it with what the current X-Men office bent over backwards to do this time.

(P.S. anyone who responds with something like "Well that second part was Austen so that makes it something to ignore" automatically goes in the hole)
    That second part is based on one of the worst parts of Morrison, where he had a Holocaust survivor essentially commit the Holocaust in modern day New York.

I have criticized it well, and avoided the hole.

Looking forward to this book.