View Poll Results: Who is the definitive Avengers villain?

Voters
242. You may not vote on this poll
  • Baron Helmut Zemo and/or the Masters of Evil

12 4.96%
  • Count Nefaria

0 0%
  • Dormammu

0 0%
  • Grandmaster

0 0%
  • Immortus

1 0.41%
  • Kang the Conqueror

68 28.10%
  • Kree Empire

0 0%
  • Loki

12 4.96%
  • Michael Korvac

0 0%
  • Scarlet Witch

13 5.37%
  • Skrull Empire

0 0%
  • Squadron Supreme

0 0%
  • Thanos

20 8.26%
  • Ultron

116 47.93%
  • Zeus

0 0%
Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast

Default THE definitive Avengers villain?

I got in an argument with a buddy of mine over this, and I'm interested to see what y'all think! What I've always liked about the Avengers is the diversity in their rogues gallery, and so my question is:

Who is the definitive Avengers villain, or villainous organization? When he/she/they show up, you're like: "Uh-oh!" In other words, if Marvel came to you and said, "Make the Avengers movie," who would you pick to be the main threat?

I haven't come to a conclusion yet, but right now for me it's a tie between Kang and Ultron, followed very closely by Thanos and then by Zemo and his Masters of Evil.

I tried to include as many options as possible (some are more of "neutral" or "sometimes-evil" characters), but if your vote isn't included then discuss! Have fun!

Ultron all the way.

Kang is a solid second place finisher.. but there isn't really a good third choice. Thanos is the most dangerous out of the three by far, but more sporadically used. The Masters of Evil would have been a better argument 20 years ago but haven't been properly utilized in a long time.

Time villians confuse me sometimes and Thanos is more of a villain for space heroes I think, so I went with Ultron, he was created by an Avenger
    Last edited by Mutant God; 09-03-2014 at 05:35 PM.

The Scarlet Witch is an option ?

I think she is more like of an x-men villain.

Kang, followed closely by Ultron. No others should even be in the running. MoE are third, but it's hard to say they are definitive since the line-up changes so often, and since the original Thunderbolts the MoE have just been used as a name for any random group of villains as opposed to the threat they used to actually be.

I have never considered Thanos an Avengers villain. He's a cosmic villain, or maybe a MU overall villain... but not specifically an Avengers villain.

All-New Member

Ultron is as Avengers as it gets, Kang, then Loki just cause.

BANNED

First All Scarlet Witch is on this poll really!? The only people who hate her are the X-men and I could care less what those hypocrites think of her.

Now as to the thread question For me a tie between Kang and Ultron third Baron Helmut Zemo.
    Last edited by stingnewell; 09-03-2014 at 07:44 PM.

Shame on you for putting Wanda on the list. As far as "an enemy of the X-Men", that definitive honor should obviously go to Magneto, or someone else. Scarlet Witch's "time" as as any sort of villain would be so much shorter than Magneto. He has most certainly charted more time as a villain than Wanda.

But to actually answer the question with the valid options, I would vote for Ultron, Kang and Thanos in that order, as the top 3.

I vote Thanos for three because his best and most classic showing was in the long ago Avengers Annual # 7.

wanda did the most damage to them so she's the only logical choice imo.

BANNED

Well this escalated quickly well guess this thread will be filled with Scarlet Witch controversy like every other thread.

Its obviously between Kang and Ultron, I went with Ultron because I like him more.

Lol at Wanda being on the list, I hope trolls don't make her high on the poll.
    We need better comics

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    Well this escalated quickly well guess this thread will be filled with Scarlet Witch controversy like every other thread.
    No, it won't. Wanda's past behavior has been discussed ad infinitum and turning this thread into another will just bring on more of the same. Dial it down on this thread.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

ULTRON is definitely the greatest villain on this list, and one of the greatest in comic book history.

I'd say Kang and Ultron are neck-and-neck. I went with Kang because I personally prefer him. There's a big separation between those two and whoever ends up in third though.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Kang is always the villain that I say, "Oh Shite! He's involved?" What makes him a real threat in my mind is his own future historic conquests. I always imagine he just came up with a way to finally defeat the Avengers or do some real damage. Remender's last arc with him was very impressive and I'm sure he'll be back with something even more diabolical down the road.

Thanos is also a real threat and if he truly wanted to kill or defeat the Avengers I imagine he could.

Ultron almost elicits that same response from me. Almost. He isn't capable of defeating the Avengers and the Age of Ultron story was a joke. An ok 'what if?' story.