View Poll Results: Who is the definitive Avengers villain?

Voters
242. You may not vote on this poll
  • Baron Helmut Zemo and/or the Masters of Evil

12 4.96%
  • Count Nefaria

0 0%
  • Dormammu

0 0%
  • Grandmaster

0 0%
  • Immortus

1 0.41%
  • Kang the Conqueror

68 28.10%
  • Kree Empire

0 0%
  • Loki

12 4.96%
  • Michael Korvac

0 0%
  • Scarlet Witch

13 5.37%
  • Skrull Empire

0 0%
  • Squadron Supreme

0 0%
  • Thanos

20 8.26%
  • Ultron

116 47.93%
  • Zeus

0 0%
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Its obviously between Kang and Ultron, I went with Ultron because I like him more.

Lol at Wanda being on the list, I hope trolls don't make her high on the poll.
    I'm just going to pretend not to see her name on the poll and maybe replace it with Bendis instead
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-03-2014 at 10:06 PM.

Definitely torn between Kang and Ultron on this one. Ended up going with Kang. Can make great cases for either one as the definitive villain for the Avengers. Kang Dynasty and Avengers Forever are my favorite Avengers stories so I selected Kang.
    The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine Review - Vol 1 (Issues 1-50) and Vol 2 (Issues 51-102)

I voted for Loki. Between being the reason the Avengers formed, the Mighty Avengers formed AND the movie Avengers formed...
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 09-04-2014 at 06:49 AM.

BANNED

One of the things I like about Ultron slightly more than Kang is his personal connection with the members with Hank, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Vision and Simon. He has a warped concept of family while still obsessed with his goal on human extinction. He incites on a personal level of terror on its long standing core members. Which too me makes him all the more sadistic.

Fantastic Member

Like many have already said, I was torn between Kang and Ultron, eventually I went with Ultron because it is a bit more personal with him as opposed to Kang's slightly more generic Genghis Khan IN SPACE motivation. I also like the way that Ultron frequently seems to genuinely evolve and adapt instead of repeating the exact same plan that failed x times before. Kang's plans nine times out of ten seem to basically be 'screw with the timestream' with a few bells and whistles. Ultron created Vision, he's conquered a country, he's upgraded himself a lot of times, AND there has been a bit of time travel besides.

Kang is one of the best Marvel villains... but Ultron is better. (Dr Doom is the best of all but mostly only occupies himself with the Fantastic Four. I'd quite like to see him go after the Avengers for his own means and ends.)

I would have chucked in the dark avengers because their battles have defined how the avengers operate in the world and what they stand for more than Ultron or the rather hammy masters of evil.

They weren't on the poll though so I went with ultron

Ultimate Member

Ultron and Kang are the top two, with Thanos, Loki and Zemo/Masters of Evil following up.

I picked Ultron over Kang because he's more specifically tied to the Avengers through being an invention of Pym.

Norman Osbourne/Dark Avengers or Morgana le Fey probably belong on the list of possibles well above Scarlet Witch, Zeus or Dormammu.

Like most people here, my big decision was Kang or Ultron. I went with Kang because I find him more interesting.

I prefer the masters by which I mean Ultron, Ultron and Ultron.

Why isn't the Wrecking Crew listed? They're always good for a laugh! :-p

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

As others have said it is a toss up between Ultron and Kang.

BANNED

I voted for Kang. Second best Avengers villain for me is Ultron, with Helmut closely behind. Helmut deserves a bit more credit though. He organized the Siege on the Mansion, saved the Universe, created the Thunderbolts, died for Cap 2 times and helped him during the Civil War by acting as his mole, etc.. He's done a lot of stuff during the years and most of them have been pretty significant to the Avengers and the Marvel U. Thanos is more of a cosmic villain/hero/anti-hero/anti-villain, depending on the day so he's out. Personally, I don't see him as that big of a villain. He's killed millions but saved billions and while that doesn't erase all of his mistakes, he isn't a villain in the classic sense of the word.

What, no Hood, or Norman Osborn?

Just kidding. Anybody who has actually read the Avengers beyond Bendis and the movies years KNOWS that there are only two possible answers: Kang or Ultron. A case could also be made for Immortus and Zemo and the MoE, but, IMHO, Ultron and Kang are the top contenders. I voted for Kang.

Peace

Kang and Ultron have appeared in the most stories... but Baron Zemo appeared in what was possibly the best story. In addition, the trouble with Kang is that Immortus might also turn up as well. Which is never good news for anyone.

Let's be honest, though, Scarlet Witch was technically the most successful, so she deserves the votes she's getting Technically, to be fair to her, Doctor Druid could be included as well.

Maybe Monica Rambeau - surely her 100% heel turn from being absolutely perfect and universally beloved in Stern's run, to being a blithering, pusillanimous incompetent as a leader immediately post-Stern, must have been the result of secret villainy ?
    Last edited by Coin Biter; 09-04-2014 at 06:12 AM.

formerly 'saucemaster' saucemaster's Avatar

Everyone is correct--it is a tossup between Kang and Ultron.
    Kang may be more powerful, but I went with Ultron because the Avengers seem more afraid or freaked out when he appears.