View Poll Results: Who is the definitive Avengers villain?

Voters
242. You may not vote on this poll
  • Baron Helmut Zemo and/or the Masters of Evil

12 4.96%
  • Count Nefaria

0 0%
  • Dormammu

0 0%
  • Grandmaster

0 0%
  • Immortus

1 0.41%
  • Kang the Conqueror

68 28.10%
  • Kree Empire

0 0%
  • Loki

12 4.96%
  • Michael Korvac

0 0%
  • Scarlet Witch

13 5.37%
  • Skrull Empire

0 0%
  • Squadron Supreme

0 0%
  • Thanos

20 8.26%
  • Ultron

116 47.93%
  • Zeus

0 0%
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    One of the things I like about Ultron slightly more than Kang is his personal connection with the members with Hank, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Vision and Simon. He has a warped concept of family while still obsessed with his goal on human extinction. He incites on a personal level of terror on its long standing core members. Which too me makes him all the more sadistic.
    The familial connection is oddly why I think Ultron comes second to Kang. Ultron is a villain of the characters you listed and an Avengers team lacking in those characters Ultron lacks any real connection with. Kang on the other hand wants to conquer our time and sees the Avengers as the challenge that needs to be conquered.

So the way I see it is Ultron is the greatest villain of certain Avengers while Kang is the greatest villain of the Avengers as a team.
    Loki gets points for being the first.
    “Nothing is harder to understand than a symbolic work. A symbol always transcends the one who makes use of it and makes him say in reality more than he is aware of expressing.”
    ― Albert Camus

Fantastic Member Talkie Toaster's Avatar

For me it's also a choice between Kang and Ultron.
    Voted for Kang because I like him slightly better
    Bah weep granah weep ninny bong

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by doctormistermaster View Post
    The familial connection is oddly why I think Ultron comes second to Kang. Ultron is a villain of the characters you listed and an Avengers team lacking in those characters Ultron lacks any real connection with. Kang on the other hand wants to conquer our time and sees the Avengers as the challenge that needs to be conquered.

So the way I see it is Ultron is the greatest villain of certain Avengers while Kang is the greatest villain of the Avengers as a team.
    Loki gets points for being the first.
    You make a good point, which is why I always prefer characters like Ultron and Thor used sparingly in Avengers titles. But yes Kang does have that edge over Ultron much better.

Ultron because he's constantly coming back and evolving making things worse and worse with every encounter. Also, robots that act like Vladimir Putin is always a good thing.

Kang is just oh look I got a new weapon from the future to destroy you...this time!!!! Or I'll go into the past and stop A+B from ever happening. Time villains are always hitting the reset button.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    No, it won't. Wanda's past behavior has been discussed ad infinitum and turning this thread into another will just bring on more of the same. Dial it down on this thread.
    sorry but i have a question. all respect intended, but if the OP asked us a direct question and included this character in the list, then why would you try to censor the response?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I'm not saying you can't answer Wanda because people have, but don't go overboard.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

No, it won't. Wanda's past behavior has been discussed ad infinitum and turning this thread into another will just bring on more of the same. Dial it down on this thread.
    We're not supposed to discuss all the poll options?

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

I voted Wanda.

I'm not saying you can't answer Wanda because people have, but don't go overboard.
    okay. maybe we should close this thread if discussion of the options is not fully allowed. or please adjust the poll options to topics that we can freely discuss.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Just don't get personal with each other and it's fine. We know from experience that discussing Wanda's Disassembled and HoM actions can quickly get out of hand, so just be objective about it.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

If Wanda has to be in this poll, then so do Hulk, Hank Pym, and Iron Man. They have all been turned into villains against the Avengers at times. Hulk has been an opponent more often than he has helped the team. Iron Man gave us The Crossing and Civil War.

My top five Avengers villains are:
    1. Ultron
    2. Kang
    3. Thanos
    4. Loki
    5. Baron Zemo and the Masters of Evil

BANNED

I chose the Scarlet Witch because just like a Cosmic Cube or a Infinity Gem, she is a powerful tool that just about any villain can manipulate.

BANNED

I never saw Loki as a villain premiere to the Avengers, to me he was the catalyst that started the team. His only real connection to the Avengers is the movie but much like Hulk they have very little ties to the Avengers in the comic verse.

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    I never saw Loki as a villain premiere to the Avengers, to me he was the catalyst that started the team. His only real connection to the Avengers is the movie but much like Hulk they have very little ties to the Avengers in the comic verse.
    I would agree, if Loki hadn't been the mastermind behind of of the first and best Avengers franchise wide events: Acts of Vengeance. Plus, he also made a go at the team in Avengers #400, by Waid and Ringo, and did cross path with them quite often during the Dark Reign era (Slott's Mighty and the Cabal). I stand by my opinion that Ultron and Kang are the top contenders, however, I do thing Loki has a place at the "big boys table" when it comes to Avengers baddies. He may not have faced them very often (and he'll always be a Thor baddie, same as the Skull will be a Cap villain, despite Red Zone being spetacular, just to give another exemple), but it has been mostly special when he did.

Peace

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I would agree, if Loki hadn't been the mastermind behind of of the first and best Avengers franchise wide events: Acts of Vengeance. Plus, he also made a go at the team in Avengers #400, by Waid and Ringo, and did cross path with them quite often during the Dark Reign era (Slott's Mighty and the Cabal). I stand by my opinion that Ultron and Kang are the top contenders, however, I do thing Loki has a place at the "big boys table" when it comes to Avengers baddies. He may not have faced them very often (and he'll always be a Thor baddie, same as the Skull will be a Cap villain, despite Red Zone being spetacular, just to give another exemple), but it has been mostly special when he did.

Peace
    I stand corrected I never read Acts of Vengeance but I remember his involvement in Mighty Avengers Dark Reign but I'm surprised you forgot Avengers/Defenders War that him and Dormammu orchestrated.