Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Asian Dramas

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Moving

This is a Korean Heroes, only it sticks the landing. It’s a great production with some excellent action scenes and a good cast, and its rating on IMDb is current 8.5. I’m surprised no one here is talking about it as it’s top quality stuff.

On Disney plus? Maybe I can squeeze this in this week, if there aren't many episodes. I'm getting rid of the service. Thanks for the recommendation.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    I am watching a Korean drama called Coffee Prince. It is an interesting concept.
    Actor Lee Sun Kyun passes away at 48

https://mydramalist.com/article/brea...un-passes-away
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Kou Kou Kyoushi

Been watching this 90s Japanese drama. First thing that stood out is that the lead actor is Hiroyuki Sanada, you know the guy that is in every Hollywood movie about Japan or samurais, and Scorpion from Mortal Kombat. This is the first time I've ever seen him playing a normal character in a non-action role, and I have to say that this is easily my favorite role he's ever done. It's a complicated study about a high school teacher who falls in love with one of his students but can't do anything about it. The story really gets pretty dark as the series goes along and has lots of memorable scenes. This is definitely one of the better J-dramas I've seen.

Watching Happiness at the moment. It’s a K-drama about an outbreak of a zombie-like disease which leads to the military sealing-off an infected high rise apartment building from the rest of the city. Good so far, Han Hyo-joo is particularly good in this.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Kou Kou Kyoushi

Been watching this 90s Japanese drama. First thing that stood out is that the lead actor is Hiroyuki Sanada, you know the guy that is in every Hollywood movie about Japan or samurais, and Scorpion from Mortal Kombat. This is the first time I've ever seen him playing a normal character in a non-action role, and I have to say that this is easily my favorite role he's ever done. It's a complicated study about a high school teacher who falls in love with one of his students but can't do anything about it. The story really gets pretty dark as the series goes along and has lots of memorable scenes. This is definitely one of the better J-dramas I've seen.
    Yes, it is quite a high school teacher-student relationship, but the student is in the final few months of her third and last year of high school. She is already over 18 years old by the time she met her teacher for the first time. Not much different from a college teacher x college student couple.

The ending was very bittersweet and memorable. Especially the drawing made by a hand with moisture on the winter-cold train window at the end is memorable. Before that the couple tied a red string around both their fingers to symbolize a string of fate. Spoiler alert. The way the teacher slumped his head on the student's shoulder and her hand dropped from the seat suggests that they may have committed suicide. That is so sad and bittersweet scene, given that they are not allowed to be together in life.
    Last edited by Zauriel; 01-18-2024 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Forgot to Put the spoiler tag.

The show is quite a heartbreak. I have seen Hiroyuki Sanada in some films such as Avengers: Endgame, Wolverine, The Last Samurai and Speed Racer. But it was cool to see a younger Hiroyuki Sanada acting in a TV series.

Like I said, the girl is 18 and is about to graduate in the next two months. The show premiered in January. If I remember correctly, the Japanese school graduation ceremony takes place in March.

Hiroyuki Sanada is 32 years old and the actress who played the student role is over 20 years old when the show started airing in 1993. The age of consent in Tokyo prefecture is 18, but the policy in Japanese high schools forbids teachers from dating students.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

I've been watching Gyeongseong Creature on Netflix. It's set during WWII when Japan was occupying Korea, and involves a woman looking for her mother, who was taken by the Japanese as a subject for their human experiments to create a supernatural weapon. It's good, but it's pretty grim and I'm struggling to build up the enthusiasm to continue watching it through to the end. The leads are great, but unusually for K-drama they have failed to create enough chemistry between the two to keep me invested.
    Last edited by Panic; 04-09-2024 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Brainfart

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    poor do-hee , after all the times her demon husband saved her, she gets turned into a chicken nugget.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.