Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Only C-listers? I hope the book does well. Doesn't even have nostalgia bait like Damage Control.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That book was so bad it was cancelled. One of the only non-Empyre books not to see the light of day after COVID affected the schedule.
    It was an Outlawed book but it got cancelled with some of the Empyre ones? Damn.
    "Cable was right!"

Yeah. The Union was retooled as a King in Black tie-in. But a bunch of other Empyre tie-ins, such as Invasion of Wakanda (which was a continuation of Avengers spin-off Agents of Wakanda) and Thor's tie-in were cancelled. New Warriors was the only announced Outlawed book to not be published, though it's possible more was planned as we never got a checklist for that event.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

First issue is available today for everyone with Marvel Unlimited! It's fun--90s Image meets overwatch is the vibe. Go check it out!

Read this issue quickly last week, but read it more in depth today. I liked it. I appreciate how Taeguki is tied to the Korean War. Seeing White Fox not in her costume or with white hair but still in a position of leadership was excellent as well. The story did seem to end abruptly though.

However, I'm interested for the next issue.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Rumour: Jennie Kim to play Luna Snow in the MCU. Jennie is a real life K-pop star, from the band BLACKPINK.
    https://www.cbr.com/rumor-blackpink-jennie-joins-mcu/
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Rumour: Jennie Kim to play Luna Snow in the MCU. Jennie is a real life K-pop star, from the band BLACKPINK.
    Yeah, I heard the rumor she’ll appear (premiere) on the Wonder Man tv show of all places.

She looks the part .

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Yeah, I heard the rumor she’ll appear (premiere) on the Wonder Man tv show of all places.
    Simon's an actor, so a singer appearing there isn't out of left field.

Ultimate Member

Simon's an actor, so a singer appearing there isn't out of left field.
    If it's a show touching on the idea of 'super-celebrity,' of which Simon and Luna are two of the most prominent, that makes sense. (Just as Matt Murdock showed up out of the blue on She-Hulk, because it was a show about a superhero lawyer, so they had an excuse to call on *the other* superhero lawyer!)

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Taegukgi vs Moon Knight in the MK 2023 annual issue!!!

I don't care much about the Contest of Chaos, MK, or Agatha H., but this issue was brilliant! Also, "Taegukgi the Psylot Incarnate" is a super-hot daddy!
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Yeah, the team has two reps in CoC - the other one being White Fox whose opponent is Spider-Gwen.

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Taegukgi vs Moon Knight in the MK 2023 annual issue!!!

I don't care much about the Contest of Chaos, MK, or Agatha H., but this issue was brilliant! Also, "Taegukgi the Psylot Incarnate" is a super-hot daddy!
    I have to admit, I'm really starting to like the Korean heroes. Want to see more of them. Moon knight and his myriad of identities just confuses me.