Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Non-romantic pairing that I would like to see.

Emma and Catseye-I just think the fact that Emma is inherently manipulative as compared to Catseye always being able to see the truth would make for a funny pairing.
    Maggott and Shinobi-A beautiful bro-mance. One that consists of flexing at each other in speedo's, fighting for the attention of woman, working out and just brooing out with each other (think Cyborg and Beast Boy).

Romantic Pairing

Laura/Synch/Seraphina-The new love triangle. Somewhere in the time that Synch was in the vault Seraphina fell in love with Synch (a writer can write that story).
    Colossus and Lifeguard- Now that he is available. Think how pretty and shiny they would be! Think of their kids!
    Catseye and Ebony-Agatha Harkness's cat Ebony makes it's way to the school for a guest speaker on all things magic as learned from Agatha Harkness. Somewhere a long the way he is spotted by Catseye and she is now obsessed.
    Last edited by blinkingblah; 11-01-2022 at 09:50 PM.

Cable and his big guns

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    Catseye and Ebony-Agatha Harkness's cat Ebony makes it's way to the school for a guest speaker on all things magic as learned from Agatha Harkness. Somewhere a long the way he is spotted by Catseye and she is now obsessed.
    Ebony has been shown transforming into a large panther-sized cat, although it wasn't clear if that was something Agatha was doing *to* him, or something he could do himself... I thought it would be neat if he was secretly one of the demon cat people (from Tigra's origin story, and therefore able to assume a humanoid form, if he really wanted to), disguising himself as Agatha's familiar after being outcast from his people.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Kiden Nixon: This is a big one. Despite the importance of Kiden in Laura's history — it's because of her that Laura was able to escape Zebra Daddy's control — they've only interacted once since NYX, in Marjorie Liu's one-shot. There was also Messiah War, but that was an AU version that Laura was unable to bring herself to mercy kill. Kiden is probably one of the best examples of how Laura has honestly become a pretty shitty friend; despite how much help the Xavier School, Utopia, and now Krakoa could provide Kiden and her gang, Laura has apparently done nothing to actually to bring them there.
    I'd be interested in seeing Kiden just sort of pal around with Sway, Lacuna, Timeslip, Tempo, Tempus and various other temporal shenanigans-pullers (Flashback, Timeshadow, the Monroe twins, Velocidad?), maybe make some sort of mutant time circuit or something. (Sorry Moira, can't reset the universe any more. Our time stick is bigger than your time stick. Stay in your lane!)

Kimura: I always thought it was a massive missed opportunity that we never got to see Laura and Kimura forced to explore how much alike they are. Even if Kimura would be unlikely to learn anything from it, I could see Laura actually coming to pity her. A story where they're forced to put their animosity on hold to work together could be incredibly interesting, and possibly even give Kimura more development so she's not so one-dimensional. That would, of course, require Kimura's resurrection, but, y'know: Comics.
    Given Emma's opinion of Kimura, I would not be surprised to find that Kimmy's name keeps getting dropped 'accidentally' to the bottom of the resurrection queue. "Oops, how did *that* happen? Oh well, it's not like *sixteen million Genoshans* don't deserve to be resurrected before her..." But yeah, it could be interesting to see how Kimura could be in a world free of her own handlers, where all sins are forgiven (well, by Krakoa anyway, if not Laura...) and she could choose her own path. Would she still choose to be cruel and evil?

Kingpin: As X-23, Laura was one of Wilson Fisk's favorite assassins. And some of Kyle and Yost's work with her during NXM suggested he may have played something of a mentor role, as Laura does mention having learned a few things from him directly. She also made a promise to the Orphans of X to bring everyone who forced her to kill to justice. This is a relationship that bears more exploration.
    Ooh, that could be interesting.

And on the subject of people who forced her to kill, kinda / sorta, I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of closure, even if it's ugly and tragic closure, with Finesse, of the Avenger's Academy, who used an unconscious Laura's claws to kill someone who was killing them both (and their friends) with his powers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I'd be interested in seeing Kiden just sort of pal around with Sway, Lacuna, Timeslip, Tempo, Tempus and various other temporal shenanigans-pullers (Flashback, Timeshadow, the Monroe twins, Velocidad?), maybe make some sort of mutant time circuit or something. (Sorry Moira, can't reset the universe any more. Our time stick is bigger than your time stick. Stay in your lane!)
    I haven't seen much discussion about this, but Judgment Day #6 had a moment where Steve and Kurt are talking about all the damage/loss of life the Celestial's done, before Team DEM (Daddy Issues, Existential Crises and My God Is An Asshole aka Tony, Jean and Ajak) bring up the possibility of using the Celestial's power to undo a lot of that. Kurt briefly mentions to Steve 'well there is a particularly unique and interesting mutant circuit we've been holding in reserve' and while it was kinda just slipped in there as though meant to fly somewhat under the radar, the context of the line makes me think he was alluding to a circuit like you're describing, something they came up with to potentially replace or counter Moira's reboot ability. (And with it likely to be how they end the Age of Sinister and erase the changes he'll enact on the timeline over the thousand year span of that event).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Given Emma's opinion of Kimura, I would not be surprised to find that Kimmy's name keeps getting dropped 'accidentally' to the bottom of the resurrection queue. "Oops, how did *that* happen? Oh well, it's not like *sixteen million Genoshans* don't deserve to be resurrected before her..." But yeah, it could be interesting to see how Kimura could be in a world free of her own handlers, where all sins are forgiven (well, by Krakoa anyway, if not Laura...) and she could choose her own path. Would she still choose to be cruel and evil?
    Kimura isn't a mutant. She's an artificially-enhanced flatscan, so wouldn't be eligible for the resurrection queues in the first place. There's just plenty of OTHER ways she could be rez'ed, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    Cable and his big guns
    Lol, Good one!

I still want to see Cable and Domino. At least hook up sometimes again.

I would love for the Outback team to get together for a mission or two. Specially so many years after they've been working as a team. It could be cool to have Storm, Wolverine, Betsy, Colossus, Rogue, Havock, Longshot, Dazzler, Maddie and Gateway together again.

Wouldn't mind seeing more interactions between Betsy, Emma and Monet.... that would be a shade parade. Would love it!

Bishop, Frenzy and Tempo would be all kinds of cool and chic as well. Such a powerful and badass trio!

Would love a solo adventure with Storm and Jean, I agree with some of you that it would be nice to see Jean sans the men in her life for a change.

I want to see more of Northstar, Iceman, Rictor and Shatestar together.

And of course I'm always down for more Betsy/Kwannon time together.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    Lol, Good one!

I still want to see Cable and Domino. At least hook up sometimes again.
    See, I feel the exact opposite when it comes to Nathan and Neena. Definitely feels like that ship sailed a long time ago, even before he left this time period to raise Hope in the future… which took 17 years of his life, and he thus returned much older. During that time Neena had flings with Logan, Colossus and Warpath, which is a little weird since she was a mentor to James back in their X-Force days, but whatever.

So even though Cable’s back and has been de-aged some to his default status quo state, thanks to the Resurrection Protocols, I just don’t see him and Domino back together. I see them more as friends and colleagues-in-arms, and am really hoping to see Nathan develop a new love interest rather than re-hash that one. Just my opinion, of course.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I would love for the Outback team to get together for a mission or two. Specially so many years after they've been working as a team. It could be cool to have Storm, Wolverine, Betsy, Colossus, Rogue, Havock, Longshot, Dazzler, Maddie and Gateway together again.

Wouldn't mind seeing more interactions between Betsy, Emma and Monet.... that would be a shade parade. Would love it!

Bishop, Frenzy and Tempo would be all kinds of cool and chic as well. Such a powerful and badass trio!

Would love a solo adventure with Storm and Jean, I agree with some of you that it would be nice to see Jean sans the men in her life for a change.

I want to see more of Northstar, Iceman, Rictor and Shatestar together

And of course I'm always down for more Betsy/Kwannon time together.
    Yes! Jean and Ororo. Can we get a limited series with them? Or an ongoing? Would love to see them interact as best friends/sisters, see them in their ”everyday life” together. AND see them fight together against the most powerful baddies.

And I really loved seeing Bobby hang out with the other gay men in his infinity comic. More of that, please.

I know Rogue is happily married now, so I don't necessarily mean her, but I'd love to see Magneto in a relationship with a woman who can hold her own against him and show a different side of the character.

Christian Frost and..
    Emma
    Iceman
    Stepford Cuckoos
    Shinobi Shaw
    Daken

Emma Frost and...
    Banshee
    Hellions including Warpath and Firestar
    Gen X
    Namor

Iceman and...
    Beast
    Northstar & Rictor
    Christian Frost
    Daken
    Firestar
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Fun thread!

If Betsy and Rachel's relationship is as lasting and strong as I hope, I'd LOVE to see the Braddocks and Summers/Greys spend a lot of time together. Yeah I know it may be awkward at first considering some of Betsy's past choices but we can either ignore that stuff or address it briefly in a lighthearted "new body, new start" way. Holiday dinners, family game nights, family vacations. Brian, Scott, and Nate talking shop, etc. But I honestly just want to see Nate and little Maggie sitting down having a conversation. So much interaction potential between these families.
    This (above) would be great. And you can even have that moment when Betsy says Rachel is a better kisser than Scott!! But really I want more Nathan and Rachel, and god forbid Jean and Rachel. The tidbits we got of R&J during Trial of Magneto was nice, but I would love to have an issue of Rachel and Jean moving past things, talking about the past and the future, and then ending with them bringing back Sara, Joey, and Gailyn through the resurrection protocols. And for Nathan and Rachel to go on an adventure or mission together, similar to the Dark Sisterhood. It's a shame that they can't and haven't worked more closely since he came back to his proper age.

I want an issue of Generation X reunited and working through having their friends like Synch and Skin brought back.

I would also want more Lorna-Jean-Ororo time. As the first ladies of X (sorry not sorry Sage) I would love to see more time with them together.

Astonishing Member

Logan and Jean. Way past time.

I kinda wish that X-terminators was a team up between “Logan’s Angels”.

So I feel like Kitty, Jubilee, and Laura would have a lot to say about their relationships with Logan and also their relationships with Emma. Maybe would add Angel Salvatore or Armor to the mix if we needed a fourth.