Spectacular Member

Default Mutant cyberpaths and the Machines

Has there been any stories how the machine antagonists (The Sentinels, Omega Sentinel, Nimrod) feel about mutant cyberpaths, do they regard them as an exception to their antipathy towards other mutants in the sense that they're less hostile towards them? How about the mutant cyberpaths, how do they feel about the machine antagonists and does it affect their feelings for their fellow mutants?

Well there are two types of cyperpaths those who create machines and those who control them.

Forge, Madison, Trinary, Greycrow and Wiz Kid being the 5 main ones they don't seem to be treated any different then any other mutant

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I thought Hijack van control every thing that is a machine right? Did he not let a SHIELD hellicarrier land or something?

Oh , I miss that dude.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
    Has there been any stories how the machine antagonists (The Sentinels, Omega Sentinel, Nimrod) feel about mutant cyberpaths, do they regard them as an exception to their antipathy towards other mutants in the sense that they're less hostile towards them? How about the mutant cyberpaths, how do they feel about the machine antagonists and does it affect their feelings for their fellow mutants?
    AFAIK, it hasn't been addressed yet, but if I were a machine intelligence, wary of being enslaved by humanity and used as a tool like other machines, I'd find the existence of machine-controller sorts of Trinary, Network, Hijack, etc. to be terrifying, and would want them unable to control me. The overreaction is to try to murder them all, but in the Age of Krakoa, killing mutants with scary powers isn't a workable solution, so instead coming up with something that blocks their 'signal,' like a 'telepathy jammer' for cyberpathy/technopathy, seems like the logical solution.

Trinary goes all cross-eyed giving Nimrod her machine-controlly-glare-of-doom and Nimrod just shakes his head. "I can't even pick up what you are putting down, mutant scum!"

I assume they'd be less wary of cyberpaths who only communicate with tech, instead of controlling it, like Milan. But circle back around to being existentially terrified of those who can just reshape metal and machinery and disassemble them with a thought, like Madison Jeffries or Wiz Kid (much like we fleshy sorts would be wary of people like Madison Jeffries nutjob brother Lionel, who can do the same thing with flesh and bone, causing peoples bodies to warp and twist and deform).