Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default X-Men The Animated Series 30th Anniversary

Crazy to think but today marks the 30th anniversary of the premiere of X-Men the Animated Series! 31st October 1992 was the premiere of "Night of the Sentinel's" Part 1

The opening is still one of the best cartoon themes of all time by Ron Wasserman

Incredible Member

It was so cool that they used a sample of it in both Doctor Strange and The Multiverse of Madness

Incredible Member

And Ms Marvel

Anyone else planning a rewatch to celebrate?

Definitely hard to believe it's been 30 years and I still love the show. I think I will get a couple of episodes in tonight once the kids are in bed.

About a year from now, we should have the first episode of the New Series!

I wish we could get a book ahead of time showing the new costumes, ideas, some of the stuff that they will put into the new episodes, etc.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I was 10 when it premiered and now Im 40 lol.

Anyway, this is still one of Marvel's best and arguably the best X-men adaptation in mainstream.

Can't wait for X-men '97!

Astonishing Member

Ah the cartoon show which defined so many people's mental (pop culture) image of the X-men.

How they sound. How they interact with each other. Who their members are. What their "iconic" costumes look like. The theme tune that people can still hum and identify even after decades, 2 other shows and a dozen movies with different soundtracks and themes.

And yet because of circumstances i have no nostalgia or fond memories of it, because i never managed to catch more than one episode.
    Batman, Superman, Spiderman, Gargoyles. Even Evolution years later. No problem. But X-men TAS? Despite being a fan of them in general, their first cartoon show eluded me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    About a year from now, we should have the first episode of the New Series!

I wish we could get a book ahead of time showing the new costumes, ideas, some of the stuff that they will put into the new episodes, etc.
    Is it really a new series or just a new season?

I'm still more waiting for a new X-men show proper. Though as mentioned above i'm slightly biased towards wanting more new takes than repeat of the old.
    Last edited by Grunty; 10-31-2022 at 05:50 PM.

It's wild that it's been 30 years. I enjoyed watching it every week, enamored with my favorite superheroes on our TV. So cool.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Yeah I remember my brother wanted to watch the first episode premiered, I had TV privilege's and rather watch some Disney Raw Toonage. and may him miss it, So next week we watch the 2nd part of Night of the Sentinels and well, I got hooked, while my brother lost interest and into comics in high school. I been hooked on comics since 1992. collected my first issue 1993 which was X-MEN Adventures until I moved on to the main universe.

Quote Originally Posted by jignat View Post
    I was 10 when it premiered and now Im 40 lol.

Anyway, this is still one of Marvel's best and arguably the best X-men adaptation in mainstream.

Can't wait for X-men '97!
    Same here lol. I still feel like I'm 10 when I hear that theme song though.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I have such fond memories of TAS and yes, overall it still stands as the X-Men's best adaptation in a medium other than comics. Words can't describe how excited I am for X-Men 97 next year.

Ahhh..... I was seven when this came out! I remember being confused because I only knew the X-men from the DOS and the arcade games. I only knew Cyclops, Storm, and Wolverine (and Xavier and Magneto) BUT I fell in love with the others! Such an amazing show!

Quote Originally Posted by xfire2k13 View Post
    Ahhh..... I was seven when this came out! I remember being confused because I only knew the X-men from the DOS and the arcade games. I only knew Cyclops, Storm, and Wolverine (and Xavier and Magneto) BUT I fell in love with the others! Such an amazing show!
    Aww the X-Men arcade game brought me and my friends so much joy. I loved how massive it was and there was always a short line waiting to play.
    http://cdn.pastemagazine.com/www/blo...n%20arcade.jpg
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The only issue I ever had with the show was they never really shook up the roster or added new team members. It was always guest members

I actually have no nostalgia for this show lol. I was -1 when it debuted, and I only watched it last year, I think? It's a great show though. Love it. And the kids still like to say "Covered with scorpions" every so often.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.