Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    Duke and Scarlett in G.I. Joe
    Completely understandable, and no complaints from me.
    But, I'll always believe there was something special between Scarlett & Snake-Eyes (especially, after his sacrifice):

I know they got together in the comic books, but the RAH/animated version were never given a chance.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 11-12-2022 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Friends - Phoebe and Ross

Don't know why but I just feel like it would've been hilarious.
    They did have a comedic relationship, but it would have been unfortunate for Phoebe. With FRIENDS, I feel like none of the women should have been saddled with any of those men. Rachel, Monica and Phoebe are each winners in their own way. Ross, Chandler and Joey are all losers in their own way. In the real world, they would have nothing to do with each other--except Monica and Ross, only because they were related and for no other reason.

BANNED

I know she was grossed out when she found out his actual identity in Beast Machines but...

BlackArachnia and Waspinator

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Patty was probably endgame in Schultz's head, he based her off of his own wife, but he wanted Peanuts to be innocent and timeless so he never got too into something as heavy as a love triangle except for the occassional laughs

In memory of Kevin Conroy....

Bruce and Harley
    (at least that happened in White Knight)

Danger Mouse

Penfold and Squawkencluck. The show's canonical endgame was DM/Squawk.
    Eh, I just don't see it, outside of White Knight at least (not sure how that Jason would feel about it, TBH). Personally, wouldn't mind a bit more of Harley and Lobo. There was a thing in Harley's Little Black Book (I think), but in a more set tone than a one off.

They pretty much had a triangle. Patty wasn't exactly sure how she felt about Chuck, but Marcy tried to show how she felt about him and even kissed him, but I think he was too busy obsessing over the little redheaded girl to even acknowledge her feelings toward him. She'd be a good match for Chuck as well.
    Just gonna leave this here.

Personally, if I were Chuck, I'd put up with a lot of baseball disasters, kites eaten by trees, and failures to kick footballs if I knew there was a threeway with Patty and Marcie in my future.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I'm surprised there's never been a production of some kind that imagines the Peanuts kids all grown up as adults. (Or has there?) Doesn't seem like the kind of thing Schulz would have approved of, but the estate has gone ahead and let other people produce new comics against his expressed wishes, so I guess it would depend on the marketability.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Not at first, but the blatant queerbating made me wish for a while that Sherlock and John would get together on the BBC series, even despite the shitstorm it would undoubtedly create with some viewers. Of course, nothing came out of it, as is the nature of queerbating.
    Forget John and Sherlock. What I really wanted was House and Wilson to finally just move to Provincetown and open up a lovely little antiques shop.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I'm surprised there's never been a production of some kind that imagines the Peanuts kids all grown up as adults. (Or has there?) Doesn't seem like the kind of thing Schulz would have approved of, but the estate has gone ahead and let other people produce new comics against his expressed wishes, so I guess it would depend on the marketability.
    The guy who did the Zombie Archie comics and Riverdale originally became famous by doing an unauthorized grown up Charlie Brown "parody."

Definitely agree with that one.

I haven't seen the remainder episodes of Who's The Boss, but I heard Tony and Angela never became an item when everyone clearly wanted it to happen. Quite a gyp, really.

Charlie Brown and Peppermint Patty

Addy and 10K from Z-Nation. I guess cuz she's a little older than him.

Mr. Spock and Nurse Chapel

Jim Gordon and Valerie in Gotham

"Strange New Worlds" seems to be showing Spock and Chapel did sort of have something kind of going on before Kirk showed up, although it kind of cooled a bit by TOS.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mobile Suit Gundam has a case where the two characters get together in the novelization-Amuro and Sayla Mass. It's clearly intended as an alternate continuity from the TV series though.

Star Trek III's novel does the same thing with David and Saavik. Seems to be partially based on a deleted scene from TWOK (Shown on some TV edits) where the two are eying each other after getting a more proper introduction and Kirk says "Ah. She's learning by doing!" (In reference to the awkward elevator scene where he tells her to learn humor by doing).

Gundam Wing kind of danced around things with many of the characters, apart from the initial antagonists-Zechs and Noin, Trieze and Une. Although apparently some of the couples get together in the spin-off sequel novel-Heero proposes to Relena, Duo for instance marries Hilde although she gets divorced (They do have a son although it's possible he's adopted). Sally Po has a daughter and I think it's possibly implied Wufei might be the father. Quatre and Trowa/Triton of course is also one (Their main female counterparts in the show are their sisters).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-14-2022 at 10:01 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

From Ranma ½, my choice would be...

Ryoga & Ukyo

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    From Ranma ½, my choice would be...

Ryoga & Ukyo

Yeah, works for the anime. Manga, poor Ukyo got left out a LOT, in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah, works for the anime. Manga, poor Ukyo got left out a LOT, in comparison.
    I know, right?! Then, there's the curious case of...

Nabiki & Kuno

Despite their age difference, Hibkii and Fuko would make a great lovey couple. They had some awkward moments together. Maybe it is a good thing to some people that they did not become an official couple.

Definitely agree with that one.

I haven't seen the remainder episodes of Who's The Boss, but I heard Tony and Angela never became an item when everyone clearly wanted it to happen. Quite a gyp, really.

Charlie Brown and Peppermint Patty

Addy and 10K from Z-Nation. I guess cuz she's a little older than him.

Mr. Spock and Nurse Chapel

Jim Gordon and Valerie in Gotham

I favour spock and uhura better from TOS.chapel crush was unrequited. Spock seems to like uhura better but nothing ever came off it because racism was still a big deal in the 60s. Chapel crush on spock was like gunther having a crush on Rachel from friends. Too one sided and quite creepy.