Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default TV couples you wanted but the show refused to go there

What are some tv characters that you wanted to get together on the show but TPTB either never thought of it or refused to go there?

Ed----Ed and Carol but if they did the series would fall apart as it was primarily based on their sexual tension. Eventually, they do get together...In the Series Finale they marry. So maybe it's not a good example...

Extraordinary Member

On Gilligan's Island, I always wanted the Professor and Mary Ann to get together. Like with Ed above, it would've hurt the series to go there, but I still wanted it.

WKRP in Cincinnati - Dr Johnny Fever and Bailey Quarters. They almost went there, but it didn't happen.

Bobby and Sue Ellen on Dallas just to drive JR nuts.

Wade and Quinn Sliders.

Sam and Ainsley the West Wing.

And a Couple I wish they didn't go there with Bobby and Lindsay the Practice.

Not at first, but the blatant queerbating made me wish for a while that Sherlock and John would get together on the BBC series, even despite the shitstorm it would undoubtedly create with some viewers. Of course, nothing came out of it, as is the nature of queerbating.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

I know it has plenty of detractors, and I have become one in recent times, but boy did I wish that Batman/Wonder Woman in the DCAU actually go somewhere at the time.
    Instead, we got the one ship no one asked for in BrucexBabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I know it has plenty of detractors, and I have become one in recent times, but boy did I wish that Batman/Wonder Woman in the DCAU actually go somewhere at the time.
    Instead, we got the one ship no one asked for in BrucexBabs.
    Not to mention HQ raping Nightwing

Definitely, my choice would be...

Ash & May

Yeah, That couple is from Pokemon. Ash & May look good together.

Lots of anime have couples I want to see together but only a few of them rarely go there. For example, I wanted to see Kaoru and Tina become a couple in the series Ai Yori Aoshi but that never happened in the anime or manga. Or Hibiki Amawa and Fuuko Kuzuha in the anime I My Me Strawberry Eggs, in spite of their age gap.

I also wanted to see the pairing of Kazuya Kinoshita with Ruka Sarashina in the anime Rent-A-Girlfriend (Kanojo, Okarishimasu) although the manga still hasn't gone to the conclusion yet as far as I know since I sort of stopped reading the manga at a certain point a long time ago.

Mighty Member

Arnold and Cynthia on Green Acres.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Not to mention HQ raping Nightwing
    Oof. Well, that was from that one animated film. Unless it happened in something else on top of that?

Incredible Member

Kindaichi Hajime and Nanase Miyuki in 'The Kindaichi Case Files.' To be fair I can understand the whole "we already have a good relationship and I'm unsure about rocking the boat" thing, but I really wish they'd just take the next step.

Cody Jones and Starlee Hambrath in 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fast Forward.' Yes, the episode 'Turtle X-tinction' implies that they're dating, but I would have liked to have had it 100% confirmed.

Mighty Member

Bob and Linda on Sesame street

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Not at first, but the blatant queerbating made me wish for a while that Sherlock and John would get together on the BBC series, even despite the shitstorm it would undoubtedly create with some viewers. Of course, nothing came out of it, as is the nature of queerbating.
    Well, speaking of queerbaiting... you can't mention that without mentioning Kara and Lena on Supergirl. From their first scene together they had insanely good chemistry (of course, Melissa seems to have great chemistry with everyone), and a large portion of the fanbase wanted them to get together. The fans got so vocal that they seemed to want to reinforce that both women were straight, and thus paired Lena with James (horrible), and Kara with whats-his-name, the reporter Lex killed in the end. And apparently they may have filmed a kiss between the two at Alex's wedding, as there were pictures posted online (though those may have been faked).

For comic book purists, I guess I could put Oliver and Laurel in Arrow. But the writers sabotaged that from day one- I could never see that Oliver getting together with that Laurel after what happened with Sara on the Gambit. Plus, I don't think the actors had good enough romantic chemistry. They worked well as colleagues and friends, but not as a couple.