Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Xena/Gabriella

90's Harley Quinn/Poison Ivy

Definitely, my next choice would be...

Chihiro & Haku
    (千と千尋の神隠し)
    Last edited by K7P5V; 11-03-2022 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Well, speaking of queerbaiting... you can't mention that without mentioning Kara and Lena on Supergirl. From their first scene together they had insanely good chemistry (of course, Melissa seems to have great chemistry with everyone), and a large portion of the fanbase wanted them to get together. The fans got so vocal that they seemed to want to reinforce that both women were straight, and thus paired Lena with James (horrible), and Kara with whats-his-name, the reporter Lex killed in the end. And apparently they may have filmed a kiss between the two at Alex's wedding, as there were pictures posted online (though those may have been faked).
    I never watched the final couple of seasons of SUPERGIRL, but the show was sure queer baiting with Kara and Lena. At first, I didn't notice this and thought maybe some people were seeing something that wasn't there. But it's like when the producers realized this was a thing their fans were talking about they decided to really queer bait their audience and deliberately put in scenes that clearly showed Kara and Lena had a smouldering affection for each other--only to deny this was really the case.
    Last edited by Jim Kelly; 11-03-2022 at 03:29 AM.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    Xena/Gabriella
    According to just about everyone involved in the show, they did get together, but Universal wouldn't let them go there. By the final season the writers' room was writing them as a couple.

I wanted to see Myka and H.G. wind up together on Warehouse 13. Myka and Pete would be the worst romantic pairing ever. Putting them together in the finale had about as much romantic resonance as bumping Barbie and Ken together... it was there to service the inviolable trope that if a man and a woman work side by side on a TV series, they must end up in the sack.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

On Friends they already paired 2 unlikely people together by accident. According to producers they never planned Monica and Chandler as a couple. The entire deal was supposed to be a one night stand deal.

Bit as they claimed the studio audience loud reaction changed it all. Where the audience literally from the word GO took to it. So they made a change.

Another couple that did show some possible connection was Joey and Rachel. It helped that Joey was more popular and fun than Ross onscreen really by the end.

What seemed to Doom any hopes of Joey and Rachel was Matt LeBlanc signing to do a spinoff series. WIth Jennifer Aniston going on to a film career.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I always wanted to see Hawkeye and Hot Lips become a thing. At first just to piss off Frank then wanted to see it even after Frank left. But in the end they worked better as two people that highly respected each other and helped each other get through a really rough time.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    For comic book purists, I guess I could put Oliver and Laurel in Arrow. But the writers sabotaged that from day one- I could never see that Oliver getting together with that Laurel after what happened with Sara on the Gambit. Plus, I don't think the actors had good enough romantic chemistry. They worked well as colleagues and friends, but not as a couple.
    Ollie had much better chemistry with Sara (but Caity Lotz has good chemistry with everyone) and since she had real training, she and Ollie were much more equals than Laurel who always seemed like she was just pretending to play a hero. (to me, anyway)

Mighty Member

The first one that jumps immediately to my mind is from Voltron: Legendary Defender. Keith and Acxa. It was RIGHT THERE and the creatives just didn't go for it. Oh well. One of the few things I think that show really wasted, overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Yeah, That couple is from Pokemon. Ash & May look good together.

Lots of anime have couples I want to see together but only a few of them rarely go there. For example, I wanted to see Kaoru and Tina become a couple in the series Ai Yori Aoshi but that never happened in the anime or manga. Or Hibiki Amawa and Fuuko Kuzuha in the anime I My Me Strawberry Eggs, in spite of their age gap.

I also wanted to see the pairing of Kazuya Kinoshita with Ruka Sarashina in the anime Rent-A-Girlfriend (Kanojo, Okarishimasu) although the manga still hasn't gone to the conclusion yet as far as I know since I sort of stopped reading the manga at a certain point a long time ago.
    Seems to be a thing with Anime here and there. Funny thing is a lot of manga that continue after the anime series has ended without adapting the whole thing often end with the couples together, or strongly implied to be. Think Ranma kind of did that, not sure about City Hunter although one of the alternate series has them married (and then Ryo gets widowed). Granted, shows like City Hunter, part of the appeal is that it's sort of a REMINGTON STEELE/MOONLIGHTING/BONES/X-FILES situation where part of the fun is that the two characters are kind of into each other but can't admit it. (and part of that appeal is lost when that happens, as it did I think in the last few examples).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Sherlock and Molly Hooper

And as much as their dynamic was better served as a platonic duo, the Tenth Doctor and Donna made for a better more seasoned married couple than any of RTD's other companions.

Rembrandt and Maggie in Sliders.

Lyta and Zack in Babylon 5.

Mighty Member

Terminator - Dark fate : Dani & Grace
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AnthonyO'Brien; 11-03-2022 at 02:30 PM.

Astonishing Member

Jeff and Britta as a healthy adjusted couple..... not just sporadic booty calls On Community

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I wanted to see Myka and H.G. wind up together on Warehouse 13. Myka and Pete would be the worst romantic pairing ever. Putting them together in the finale had about as much romantic resonance as bumping Barbie and Ken together... it was there to service the inviolable trope that if a man and a woman work side by side on a TV series, they must end up in the sack.
    God I love me some Warehouse 13...bad CGI and all. Its funny whenever I see terrible CGI on shows I comment that it is 'warehouse 13 cg'...might have to give that show another rewatch now.

But to your point...yes Myka and HG talk about the same kinda Lena/Kara smoldering chemistry reinforeced by Myka's actress and some of the looks she would give and her eyes and pouty lips..yeaaaaah....but the sudden 11th hour about face to Pete towards the end my god, you could have gotten whiplash from it.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Wilbur and Mr. Ed.

Oliver and Dinah Drake on Arrow.