Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xwho View Post
    Which Jokers were in which order and who killed Jason?

The three Jokers were the clown, the mastermind, and the comedian, and I think they were supposed to represent the different Jokers from the different eras of his comic book history, so the Golden Age would be the mastermind, or the Joker of Earth 2, the Silver Age Joker would be the clown, or the Joker of Earth 3 (my favorite part of the Batman multiverse, by the way), and the Bronze to Modern Age would be the comedian, or the Joker from the main timeline. The Joker of the main timeline is the one who killed Jason in the comics, because the other stories did not take place in other parts of the multiverse, and all three Jokers are probably still alive, because it's heavily implied in the comic that the two other Jokers the comedian was with were fakes (although, in the Forever Evil storyline, Owlman claims to have killed the Earth 3 Joker, so maybe they aren't all still alive).

Overall, the comic kind of added some extra layers to the Joker's character, but I don't like that they retconned his wife and child being dead at the hands of the mob, especially since in the Return of Hush comic, Joker was even willing to team up with the Riddler to find her killer! I guess we can't have a sappy return-to-the-Silver-Age story featuring the Joker, can we? Well, there are Elseworlds and fanfiction, I guess.

I think the comic would have been better if Joker were actually working with his counterparts from other Earths. It would show that Joker is aware of the multiverse and capable of manipulating the people in it to his ends, as well as give Batman some fresher Joker-centric challenges to face. They could also not make Joker the main villain for most of the series and just have Joker interacting with his counterparts as fun side stories until the reveal that he set the whole thing up. That would shine the spotlight on the clown and the mastermind a bit more.
    Last edited by kcomics; 11-18-2022 at 07:47 PM.

I think the comic would have been better if Joker were actually working with his counterparts from other Earths. It would show that Joker is aware of the multiverse and capable of manipulating the people in it to his ends, as well as give Batman some fresher Joker-centric challenges to face. They could also not make Joker the main villain for most of the series and just have Joker interacting with his counterparts as fun side stories until the reveal that he set the whole thing up. That would shine the spotlight on the clown and the mastermind a bit more.
    Perfect material for a Bat-mite story.

Why wouldn't Bat-Mite want Batman's enemies to get some kind of advantage? That'll only make it cooler to watch Batman fight them!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Perfect material for a Bat-mite story.

Why wouldn't Bat-Mite want Batman's enemies to get some kind of advantage? That'll only make it cooler to watch Batman fight them!
    Yeah, Bat-Mite's got Joker beat when it comes to tricksters and the two, or...four, working together would have the potential to be quite an interesting challenge. Extra points if they modernized it and made Bat-mite part of either Batman's or Joker's psyche, not an actual fifth dimensional imp. It makes sense that Bat-Mite would be connected to Joker, though, because he constantly praises Joker as Batman's most epic challenge, even though Batman faces stronger enemies, and he claims to be Batman's number one fan, a title Joker has also claimed for himself.

They could even borrow an idea from Brave and the Bold and re-do the Emperor Joker storyline by having Bat-Mite give the three Jokers near absolute power over Gotham City.
    Last edited by kcomics; 11-23-2022 at 05:59 AM.