Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

There's actually a bit of that already there-

Weyland, where the C'baoth clone came from and Thrawn gained his cloaking and cloning tech, is seen at the end of Bad Batch season one:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Weyland

and Palpatine has (presumably) Luke's hand on Exegol, at least at the time between ESB and ROTJ:

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a3...l-darth-vader/
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

The best way to fix the Skywalker/Rey mess if they want to address it IMO is do a DisneyPlus series with Rey being properly trained on Tatooine by Force Luke and hell even Force Yoda for Season 1 and throw in a Hutt or some First Order douche with left over First Order stuff taking over Tatooine as the threat. If they could get Boyega to comeback bring Finn back and reveal, he is Force Sensitive.

Season 2 with Force Luke's guidance Rey and Finn (If Boyega came back) search for Ashoka and together the 3 form a New Jedi Order perhaps as mentioned reveal some of Luke's students survived and Luke was hiding their presence from Kylo.

Because retconning would be a bad idea IMO for the brand Fanboy opinions aside.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I honestly think that LFL should stop pretending that Ahsoka isn’t a Jedi and just admit that they’ve gone and broken what was already only a rule on a thin technicality anyhow. She looks like a Jedi, fights like a Jedi, thinks like a Jedi, pursues the cause of Justice and peace like a Jedi, needlessly enforces the Jedi Code like a Jedi , the Clones considered her a Jedi, the Inquisitors called her a Jedi, Bo-Katan and other Mandalorians call her a Jedi, her introduction to live action called her “The Jedi”….
    I think it isn't that LFL is pretending Ashoka isn't Jedi....I think it's Ashoka who's pretending, and I kind of love that wrinkle in her character. Assuming it's intentional anyway, and not just Filloni and Fav being slavishly loyal to a few lines in New Hope. Either way I think it's a fun quirk in her character.

Ask me, she's the most "Jedi" Jedi of her entire era. She's what the Order is supposed to be, but because of what it really was and what it did to her, she refuses to call herself one, even as she upholds their values (and does it better than the people who did call themselves Jedi). It's got the kind of mythological/folk tale, bittersweet symmetry that works really well with Force users.
    Last edited by Ascended; 12-06-2022 at 07:11 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I don't think any path a sequel took was going to be accepted by some fans the further the films got from 1983.

That being said, I'd double down on TLJ and retcon ROS. No redemption arc, no Palpatine, just pure evil Kyle and the Second Order. Rey can still be his granddaughter.

IMHO I was hoping Disney was just going to reboot Star Wars when they got it.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 12-07-2022 at 11:47 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I don't think any path a sequel took was going to be accepted by some fans the further the films got from 1983.

That being said, I'd double down on TLJ and retcon ROS. No redemption arc, no Palpatine, just pure evil Kyle and the Second Order. Rey can still be his granddaughter.

I'd go in the opposite route. While I hate Kylo I wouldn't retcon TLJ just ignore it. TLJ is IMO just a bad movie it and ATOC are the worst films in the "Skywalker" Saga again IMO. I've been watching the Disney SW films this week and plan on rewatching the Prequels this weekend in an attempt to reevaluate them. There is a lot of story plot points in TLJ much like AOTC that just doesn't make sense from a commonsense point of view and thus my opinion on it hasn't changed. But outside of Luke even thinking about killing his nephew I have no issue with Luke's story in the film it's honestly the only good thing in the film. But many fans do have an issue with Luke in the film. While TROS is a bit of a hobble together mess IMO the fault of Rian Johnson who basically threw a hand grenade into the Sequel Trilogy and was like "Good Luck" to the next guy. But TROS does do some things IMO to help with the issues caused by TLJ like there being a time jump from TLJ it isn't much but a small one which shows Rey properly training as a Jedi helping to erode the "Mary Sue" tag also her being a Palpatine helps explain her strong connection to the Force. Yeah, being a "nobody" isn't some groundbreaking idea created in TLJ the Jedi Order was full of "Nobodies" hell they were cannon fodder in the Prequels. Also, the explanation that Luke was searching for Exegol helps to erode the fanboy theory Luke was a "Failure" in TLJ.

They did largely reboot the Expanded Universe.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Like thwhtGuardian said, it’s likely they just continue to leave it alone, and if they do anything past TROS, set it far enough away in time as to not have to use the ST’s assets.

I think that’s especially true for the LFL staff that was present during the ST, and that had input in it. I think by and large, their disenfranchisement with the end result mirrors that of the ST loudest critics, albeit probably focused elsewhere, as expected of people who both liked TLJ, but also drew the lines where they did for TROS - like in a conviction that Kylo really should have been treated *even better,* that Luke’s ignominious story and death is his best story, Finn was a mistake, and in just not really caring about Rey at all.

Like, I love Pablo Hidalgo and know he’s someone you want working in Star Wars… but the dude was clearly angered at Han’s death, has some tetchy, insecure reactions to Luke’s appearance in The Mandalorian being much more successful than TLJ, and really just doesn’t care about Rey or Finn on his best day, and is mildly contemptuous of TFA - and he’s likely not the only one in LFL with that opinion.

…Which is a problem, because the assets available after TROS are Rey and Finn, especially the latter, and I think too many LFL members were part of a push to demote him to really take a mea culpa and start doing anything with him, while they continue to largely see Rey as Ben Solo’s arm candy.

Now what do I think will eventually happen? If/When LFL finally tackles the post-ST timeline for these characters, the new creators will have to choose to negate or ignore the characterizations and priorities of at least one of the ST movies, and embrace a view more friendly to another ST film. Nothing will change visually… but recontextualize goin is almost certain to happen.

For instance, LFL will never deny that Rey kissed Ben Solo… but they could change the context to Rey being anything from traumatized by being brainwashed against her will into an abusive relationship (more likely to reignite her character) to making her an always heartbroken Ben fan girl (neutering her forever). They won’t change that Luke died after five years of being a self-centered coward… but they could make it so he actually successfully taught more students than Grogu and Leia before his breakdown, or they could continually insist that neither Grogu nor Leia “count.”
    Their own movie ignored Rose kissing Finn, so I imagine anything post sequel trilogy, will ignore Rey kissing Kyle.

It's possible they broke up or something between films, roughly a year goes by between TLJ and ROS-which is kind of interesting in a way, that while the prequels cover 13 years and the OT 4 (Although the Empire and some form of the Rebellion existed for nearly 20 years prior to Luke and co. getting involved) the entire ST just takes place over the course of one year. (Although the events that set it in motion-Luke's exile and Ben's fall-go back at least five years according to the novels).

Although he got friends zoned I always felt Finn wanted Rey. As for Rose honestly I found her "relationship" with Finn creepy not as creepy as Anakin in AOTC but still creepy.

The original version of Episode 9 actually had a Poe/Rey romance as well as continuing the Finn/Rose one.

Think there was a rumor that Colin asked Rian to include a scene of the two meeting at the end of TLJ to help set things up.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The original version of Episode 9 actually had a Poe/Rey romance as well as continuing the Finn/Rose one.

Think there was a rumor that Colin asked Rian to include a scene of the two meeting at the end of TLJ to help set things up.
    Going to admit just recently rewatched TLJ and TROS and in their scenes I did notice Oscar Isaac and Daisy Ridley IMO had mad chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    They did largely reboot the Expanded Universe.
    Which was sorely needed.

I meant the movie universe. Just reboot the while thing. That's what I thought Disney was going to do.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Which was sorely needed.

I meant the movie universe. Just reboot the while thing. That's what I thought Disney was going to do.
    Maybe in the future there can be a Sith that can manipulate time and go back and kill Anakin's mother...Maybe by the name Darth Thawne.

The Great Hyperspace War, the Sith Wars, Jedi Civil War, 1st Jedi Purge, Sith Civil Wars, Dark War, the Mandalorian Wars, Darth Revan, Darth Bane, Exar Kun, Darth Malgus, Naga Sadow, The Old Republic, the High Republic, etc. there are so many eras that crossover thousands of years and hundreds of characters that retconning and rebooting isn't needed. It just seems everyone is obsessed with the small time period of 32 BBY to 35 ABY.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 12-13-2022 at 08:47 PM.

They haven't really been rebooted yet. Bane is still canon, although his canonical look from Clone Wars is closer to Vader than the "organic armor" concept from Legends. Think Revan is too, although the details of his story might differ. A lot of the other stuff is up in the air...might depend on what direction the KOTOR reboot is going, if and when it is released. The current Disney stuff hasn't dealt as much with the ancient Star Wars universe apart from characters uncovering old temples or some of the Aphra material (Which usually deals with rogue sects anyway). Even then it shies away from a definitive history of the Jedi/Sith/Old Republic.