Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Joe Jusko’s 1992 Marvel Masterpieces Hardcover Art Book!!

I have been waiting over 2 decades for Joe Jusko’s original 1992 “Marvel Masterpieces” trading card series to be collected into a hardcover book, and thanks to the publisher FPG, it will finally be happening!! They are currently running a Kickstarter (which has already passed its goal after just one day) for the book to be published April, 2023! There are 3 different versions you can read about, but anyone who buys the book through the Kickstarter campaign will also get a free hardcover digest that contains repaintings of Joe’s original 104 cards (just the characters against a white background)! Also, the additional images that were done for the 4 issue “Marvel Masterpieces Collection” comics will be included in this book! I am very excited for this one! Make sure you check it out and support the Kickstarter project if want both books (or any of the other premium extras at premium prices)!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...INmUfTiQp75v8Y
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Thanks for posting that. Sounds like that will make a great collection. I remember seeing some of those online.

No problem! At the time I posted that though, I didn’t realize that the 104 $2,500 tiers had already sold out!
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Weird, I thought A LOT more people would be excited about this. Was it already mentioned somewhere else in the forum? I tried to do a search but came up empty.

I think people are excited for it.

The post has more views than all threads started in the past 2 months (except the IronHeart appreciation thread).

There just wasn't much to add to your original post but THANKS for letting us know!

Incredible Member

I bought a box of those cards back in '92! It was so much fun opening each pack, never knowing which of your favorites were going to be in it. Jusko is THE guy when it comes to photo realistic painted art of larger than life characters. Back then, cards weren't outrageously expensive like they are now, and you didn't know in advance who would even be featured in the set. It was a great time to be a collector! I have the art book from his 2016 Masterpieces set. It was the only way to actually get to have all of the artwork from the set because of the high cost of the cards. Hopefully this book gets made.

Wowww, this is amazing! I loved the Marvel Masterpieces cards as a kid so seeing them collected in a book is such a joy.

All-New Member

Hey, all! Thanks for the kind words!

This was easily my most important and career changing job and I’m proud to be involved in the development of this project!

The response has been amazing and I could not be more flattered. The book is definitely coming out! It's already in production and is slated for an April 2023 release!

Best,

Joe

Always an honor to have you on here, Mr. Jusko!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by etrumble View Post
    Always an honor to have you on here, Mr. Jusko!
    Thank you!

BANNED

I envied the kids in middle school who had even a few of these cards. As a middle aged adult, I finally purchased a tin can of the set. And I'll be getting at least the book here.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Jusko View Post
    Hey, all! Thanks for the kind words!

This was easily my most important and career changing job and I’m proud to be involved in the development of this project!

The response has been amazing and I could not be more flattered. The book is definitely coming out! It's already in production and is slated for an April 2023 release!

Best,

Joe
    Very cool! Can I ask you though, what happened with the IDW “Marvel Masterpieces” book that they put out?! Initially, I held off on buying it because I was hoping another book would come out combining both MM sets but since FPG came to the rescue with the 1992 set I really wanted, now I would like to buy the book IDW released but I can’t find it anywhere except used (and more than retail). Is it out of print permanently or will more be released? Thank you for any information you can provide.

Incredible Member

I also loved Joe's homage to the classic Marvel corner boxes. I bought most of the variants covers. Just beautiful! I always hoped he would follow up with the team book corner boxes, with all the team members heads pictured.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    I also loved Joe's homage to the classic Marvel corner boxes. I bought most of the variants covers. Just beautiful! I always hoped he would follow up with the team book corner boxes, with all the team members heads pictured.
    More Corner Box fun coming next year!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
    Very cool! Can I ask you though, what happened with the IDW “Marvel Masterpieces” book that they put out?! Initially, I held off on buying it because I was hoping another book would come out combining both MM sets but since FPG came to the rescue with the 1992 set I really wanted, now I would like to buy the book IDW released but I can’t find it anywhere except used (and more than retail). Is it out of print permanently or will more be released? Thank you for any information you can provide.
    I believe it had small print runs and is sold out unless its still on the IDW site. I'm not as informed about that book.