Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

-- Projects with creatives behind them who actually care about the characters and have a story to tell rather than the studio just wanting to crank something out.
    -- Projects that range from lower-budget to blockbusters, streaming shows or features, etc. depending on what's right for the project. Explore different genres.

- A Superman movie I actually like.
    - John Stewart and Jaime Reyes done justice.
    - Continuing to utilize the lesser known DC characters and not just the big names.
    - The right creative teams for the right projects.

Either a sequel film or an animated Super Sons series.
    No more Snyder-esque films. Especially for characters such a dour look on things simply doesn't work with.
    No clown stuff in general for awhile (personal preference).

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

As much as people tend to crap on the idea of a shared universe nowadays, I'm hoping for iconic relationships on screen. I've been a fan of Snyder's movies up until now, but there wasn't enough time to establish a sense of normalcy through which the heroes could interact with each other. Who knows what the JL lineup will look like, but I'm hoping for a solidly established trinity to interact at the least. I want scenes of multiple heroes in the watchtower, in the Batcave, in a Fortress of solitude, in the Flash museum, etc.

Along with that comes iconic storylines. I want to see Sinestro Corps War in a GL movie, I want to see the Rogues in a Flash movie, I want to see Brainiac and Kandor in a Superman movie, I want to see Circe and more of the Greek gods in a Wonder Woman movie, etc. Lean into what makes the characters special and don't be afraid to go all in on a concept.

This is in sharp contrast to the upcoming Flash and Shazam films which have shoehorned concepts into them, or in some ways Black Adam pulling its punches with respect to Adam's level of villainy and giving no background to the JSA.

And please, spare us comedic Whedon-speak.

It is already too messy out of the gate, but my hope would be that they can create a simple shared movie universe built first around their pillar characters. Then over time branch out and create movies with lesser properties and characters making their shared universe feel expansive with natural progression to it.

Would like to see more big budget animated movies like the Super Sons or like The Pixar and The Ghibli movies

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I would like to see some light hearted stuff!
    Enough dark, doom & gloom already!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

I just want good content, I don't care if it's dark, happy go lucky, or if its all connected. Just deliver
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

They only need to do what all media companies need to do - hire talented creators who care about the material, give them the resources they need, and get out of the damn way. It isn't rocket science.

I'm pretty over the whole "shared universe" thing and all the heavy-handed corporate micro-management that comes with it. Unfortunately, it looks like that's the way they're headed.

My only more specific wish beyond that is a really good Swamp Thing movie. Or even TV series (the aborted one from a few years back was well made up to a point and got some stuff right, but was more soap opera than Swamp Thing).