Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is a new Stormwatch taking over for the Justice League?

Bleed Cool news or rumors?

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/will...ce-leagues-hq/

Gossip coming out of MCM London Comic Con this weekend is that, in the wake of the recent supposed death of the Justice League, that Director Bones of the DEO, and former Stormwatch member Winter – Nikolas Kamarov, an ex-Russian Spetznaz officer and an energy absorber, are going to set up a new Stormwatch on their abandoned satellite station. And planning a proactive superhero force to do what the Justice League won't do, go where the Justice League won't go. And who will be joining Winter? I am told to expect the following

Shado from the Green Arrow books.
    Victoria N'Gengi, or Flint, former member of Stormwatch and invulnerable.
    Ravager, or Rose Wilson, the daughter of Deathstroke
    Core – Pavlov Stutka, a new Ukrainian character.
    Peacekeeper 01 – Sean Mahoney, the corrupt policeman-turned-hero of Arkham on A-Day in Batman and now a cyborg on the loose.
    And the return of Stormwatch character, The Eminence Of Blades, or Harry Tanner. No me neither, he won't last long.
    No Midnight & Apollo, they will be far too busy in Dark Crisis On Infinite Earths #7 to have time to worry with Stormwatch

Astonishing Member

In fairness, while I doubt the series’ staying power it is theoretically nice to show the non-mulyiversal effects of a crisis

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    In fairness, while I doubt the series’ staying power it is theoretically nice to show the non-mulyiversal effects of a crisis
    I will give it a try but i do prefer the League over Storwatch.

Incredible Member

I think this is an interesting concept, and I'm always down to see DC try books and ideas with lesser used characters. Not sure how likely it is to last very long. I am kind of intrigued by the possibility of Peacekeeper-01 reappearing. He hasn't been seen since Fear State ended, and I figured he was dunzo. Would be an interesting way to bring him back.

Incredible Member

Disappointed there appears to be no Hellstrike, Fahrenheit, Fuji, etc. And the Doctor, Engineer, and Swift are still floating out there, too.
    No problem with DC integrating some DCU characters, but I would have liked to see a few more "old school" StormWatch members included.

Not sure what to think about having a Russian and Ukranian on the same team at this time.

It’s starting to sound like the Wildstorm special isn’t just a series of anthologies out of continuity or set solely in the Wildstorm universe pre-flashpoint but actually a big one-shot that will be establishing a new status quo for Wildstorm characters in the dc universe going forward kind of like the New Golden Age one-shot.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

The concept sounds cool, but the line-up is not convincing me.
    I'd rather see more actual Wildstorm characters. No interest in Peacemaker-01 or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'd rather see more actual Wildstorm characters. No interest in Peacemaker-01 or whatever.
    Yeah, I feel the same.Would have loved to see more Wildstorm characters in the roster, although it's nice to see Winter and Flint are back.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Same. Was hoping that we'd get someone like Jack Hawksmore or Jackson King. Or at least Red Hood or something if the cast has to be DC-heavy.

But at least they're not including Harley. There's that.

Depending on the creators I might check it out, though that roster is (other than Rose Wilson) full of people I do not care about at all.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Looks like I was right about the JL being gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Same. Was hoping that we'd get someone like Jack Hawksmore or Jackson King. Or at least Red Hood or something if the cast has to be DC-heavy.

But at least they're not including Harley. There's that.

Depending on the creators I might check it out, though that roster is (other than Rose Wilson) full of people I do not care about at all.
    BC claims it will be Ed Brisson and Mike Henderson on the new book. Brisson seems to be the guy in charge of taking care of Tynion’s OCs so that’s not surprising.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The idea had potential. Not only as a way to revcover more Wildstorm concepts and as a door to new ideas, but also to diversify the teams in DC. I miss too some of the characters (Jackson King, where art thou?), but if the series is launched, I hope eventually some of them will appear. Specially because this team lacks serious firepower.

I must said however the best part of the article was this typo:

Henry Bendis has returned as a Superman villain,
    Freudian slip from the author, lol.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Not sure what to think about having a Russian and Ukranian on the same team at this time.
    It sounds like it's either to grab headlines or that there will be a lot of political undertones in the book.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    BC claims it will be Ed Brisson and Mike Henderson on the new book. Brisson seems to be the guy in charge of taking care of Tynion’s OCs so that’s not surprising.
    Neither of those names jumps out at me. They any good?

I hope this is a book that actually happens, and I hope that DC is able to integrate the WS characters properly, the way the Fawcett and Charlton rosters (sometimes) were. It's a tall order, the golden days of WildStorm kind of demand an approach to storytelling that DC's status quo doesn't really support. But I'm sure there's a way to pull it off and I hope this is the start of it.

I'm not *expecting* that, of course, I expect the book to be a little awkward and to be cancelled fairly early, given DC's struggles these days to move non-Bat titles. But if the previews look good I'll be along for the ride for as long as it lasts....or until it becomes bad and I drop it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.