Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    for a unity squad it is missing some (human) avengers...

I also just realized I do not like M as Penance. I think they should have brought a new Penance back and leave M's powers how they are.
    Well this may not be the lineup of the actual team just because they're on the cover. I think Blades daughter is also supposed to be in this book

Default FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2023 hints at a new Rogue and The Uncanny Avengers book.

So thougths?

Who lineup could be? Misleading cover says whats?

Also is Hickman coming back?

Free Comic Book Day 2023: Avengers/X-Men #1 sets the stage for "Fall of X," a new X-Men event announced at New York Comic Con (NYCC) that could bring about the end of mutantkind's Krakoan Age. Marvel teased the issue "features a pair of all-new stories that set the stage for the next evolution in mutant adventures, FALL OF X, and introduces an uncanny new lineup for a new team book launching next year. Plus a preview of Jonathan Hickman and Valerio Schiti’s upcoming mystery project."

This is not the Gala or something like that...

Wait is that Cyclops/Captain Krakoa? Starting to think Fall of X may be Xavier related like some people have theorized if Scott is going in this direction. Then again it may not be Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Hoping for Unity Squad. That could be very very fun.

So who's the new Captain Krakoa you think?

Edit: wait, this is for May? Are they doing solicits that early?
    Free Comic Book Day solicits are always hella early for some reason

I find it eternally funny that they prefer to use blank canvas Kwannon over Captain Britain Betsy Braddock.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Wait is that Cyclops/Captain Krakoa? Starting to think Fall of X may be Xavier related like some people have theorized if Scott is going in this direction. Then again it may not be Scott.
    I doubt it's Scott just for the fact that if he were to put that armor back on he would be the biggest jackass in mutant history after snitching about the protocols.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    for a unity squad it is missing some (human) avengers...

I also just realized I do not like M as Penance. I think they should have brought a new Penance back and leave M's powers how they are.
    I’m still wondering what ever happened to the other Penance. We haven’t seen her since Avengers Academy. Makes it feel like wires got crossed when they gave Monet the ability to change form and that they forgot Penance was her own character now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I doubt it's Scott just for the fact that if he were to put that armor back on he would be the biggest jackass in mutant history after snitching about the protocols.
    I’m just hoping they don’t pull a mystery box with who is the new Captain Krakoa.

Ain't no way!

Lineup makes me think Duggan tho...that's four people straight from the ANAD squad. Can't see him pulling this and X-Men and Iron Man, something's gotta give.

Captain Krak is Vulcan after Storm whips him so bad he's scared to show his mug

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Well this may not be the lineup of the actual team just because they're on the cover. I think Blades daughter is also supposed to be in this book
    Wait, what? Huh??!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

No surprises here as JDW teased this heavily in a recent X-Men Monday. I think the creative team will determine whether this is a high-profile launch or just an afterthought... the inclusion in FCBD 2023 makes me hopeful but this could go either way tbh.

Extraordinary Member

Captain Krakoa gives me Brian Braddock vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Captain Krakoa gives me Brian Braddock vibes.
    Would be kinda funny in a ‘take that’ to Betsy.

Brian: Alright, you took Captain Britain from me. Fine, I’ll just become Captain Krakoa and see how you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I find it eternally funny that they prefer to use blank canvas Kwannon over Captain Britain Betsy Braddock.
    She's been a hundred times more interesting and engaging than Betsy in the Krakoan era. I'd personally always pick Kwannon over Betsy now

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    She's been a hundred times more interesting and engaging than Betsy in the Krakoan era. I'd personally always pick Kwannon over Betsy now
    X222

But Betsy suffers of writter kidnaping she needs a proper writer team

Unity Squad - more like Captain America and the Mutants (I'm STILL going with the alternate retcon that QS and SW are mutants)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Unity Squad - more like Captain America and the Mutants (I'm STILL going with the alternate retcon that QS and SW are mutants)
    They are mutants. as ever. Expect the MCU XMEN when they undo the retcon and make Mags come back.