View Poll Results: Which is the better Batman movie?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batman Returns

31 86.11%
  • Batman Forever

5 13.89%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    If we're talking soundtracks Batman Forever absolutely kills just about any comic book movie. The Crow and Guardians of the Galaxy are up there, too.
    ^^^Oh god, The Crow. Such a great soundtrack. Damn near perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    Returns and it's not even close. The caliber of performances from DeVito and Pfiefer alone overshadow everyone in Batman Forever. DeVito is hilarious and so entertaining to watch. I don't really care how dissimilar to his comic counterpart he is. He rules.

"It could be worse, my nose could be gushing blood!!"

Batman Return genuinely slaps. That movie is an absolute blast to watch. I don't really care that Penguin wants to kidnap first born kids, I will take it over every other glowing sky bullshit in modern superhero movies. Catwoman is amazing. The movie has Chris Walken?! Are you kidding me.

I reject the notion that Batman Returns is bad. That movie is a gift from heaven. We don't deserve it's grace

Forever is IMO the worst of the Burton/Schumacher era Batman movies. Batman and Robin crosses over into total insanity with Poison Ivy and Arnold being so shockingly insane I can't tear my eyes away from them. Forever is a bore by comparison. Tommy Lee and Jim Carrey fall flat in the face of Arnold leading a henchmen chorus line while smoking an ice cigar. That shit is cinematic genius and I love it.

Oh and Forever has the scene with Dick Grayson uses karate to do his laundry and even as a child I groaned.
    If I didn't know better, I'd swear I wrote this post myself.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Forever easily. There's an actual plot, characters' motivations are understandable and make sense, and Bruce has an actual character of being a mass-murdering sociopath. Returns has better visuals and music, and ultimately better performances since Tommy Lee Jones is so wasted, but in every other way Forever is better.
    Why would someone come on the internet and f*cking lie this hard?

Shreck wants to take advantage of Gotham's rich so he can get away with doing shady shit.
    Penguin wants revenge on Gotham's rich cuz his rich parents dumped him in the sewers as a kid.
    Catwoman wants to kill Shreck.

Also Burton makes it obvious when someone dies fighting Batman that it was their own fault and not Bruce's.

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post

Oh and Forever has the scene with Dick Grayson uses karate to do his laundry and even as a child I groaned.
    Power Rangers was popular at the time so they probably stole that from Power Rangers.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Why would someone come on the internet and f*cking lie this hard?

Shreck wants to take advantage of Gotham's rich so he can get away with doing shady shit.
    Penguin wants revenge on Gotham's rich cuz his rich parents dumped him in the sewers as a kid.
    Catwoman wants to kill Shreck.

Also Burton makes it obvious when someone dies fighting Batman that it was their own fault and not Bruce's.

Power Rangers was popular at the time so they probably stole that from Power Rangers.

Very rich that you accuse me of lying and say that.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post

Very rich that you accuse me of lying and say that.
    Richer than Batman even!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.