Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ASM 13 Preview

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Not really. She came to MJ to check in on Peter and even though she didn't act surprise also didn't feel like she knew of their situation either as she acted severely out of character in issue 6. And also she said she's heard some things and wanted to check in on Peter so she doesn't really know what happened yet
    The last bit was about Peter being beaten to death by Tombstone, not the mystery. But the thing that make me wonder is that people who don’t know Peter is spider-man are also angry with him, so he doesn’t only do something as Spider-man but also as Peter

Spectacular Member

Not really. She came to MJ to check in on Peter and even though she didn't act surprise also didn't feel like she knew of their situation either as she acted severely out of character in issue 6. And also she said she's heard some things and wanted to check in on Peter so she doesn't really know what happened yet
    That’s a fair assessment. I thought she had heard rumors that Tombstone got him though and that’s why she was checking in. But if she didn’t know MJ was shutting out Peter, that would probably nix her knowing what happened.

Until they actually tell what happened, there’s almost always two interpretations for all the interactions that have happened so far lol

Mighty Member

So far he has said he'll resolve it all in year 2, This feels like it's this just a short forgettable run to let the next writer get ready to get to issue 1000
    With or without the back to basics setback? Yet another ASM 1 where Peter is broke and hated by all? Maybe the next relationship will be Carlie or Norah or even Liz or Betty

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    With or without the back to basics setback? Yet another ASM 1 where Peter is broke and hated by all? Maybe the next relationship will be Carlie or Norah or even Liz or Betty
    Could do with how JMS came in. Layup for next writer and just continue a bit of where it's left off then let the writer do their thing. Just depends who

Just saw someone mention that this might be Romita's final issue on interiors? Where was this even remotely suggested as to be happening?

BANNED

Could do with how JMS came in. Layup for next writer and just continue a bit of where it's left off then let the writer do their thing. Just depends who
    Yeah, Peter and Mj were only separated at the end of Mackie's run because JMS wanted to tell that story

Zeb and his team at the very least respected where Spencer left Peter and MJ and developed other things for a few issues while leaving it alone, building on Black Cat's connections and Ben's problems.

I still think Zeb ought to end the run on Peter and MJ getting together, but losing the chance to be parents because the twins are taken away by Paul or their mother. Parenthood is a strong theme of the current era (MJ with kids, Betty and Ned's kids Lost Hunt dealing with the pregnancy)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by duke togo View Post
    Just saw someone mention that this might be Romita's final issue on interiors? Where was this even remotely suggested as to be happening?
    There's no more issues drawn by him solicited until February. But thers no official statement by Marvel. We have McGuiness and then Dodson.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    There's no more issues drawn by him solicited until February. But thers no official statement by Marvel. We have McGuiness and then Dodson.
    I like Dodson.

JRJr has been improving, but he still doesn’t hold a candle to his 90s self. He makes everyone too slim now… over correcting his bulkier, angular style from the 90s maybe. Which was part of his style’s charm.

Just compare his beast of a Norman from PP:SM#75 with Norman now. I get he’s supposed to be good now so maybe that’s softened his appearance, but still….

Oh I see. I'm not worried then. He's probably just going to have another arc of 3-5 issues and is probably just working on those which has pretty much been standard procedure for Amazing Spider-Man . I'm guessing he'll be back in March or April.

Quote Originally Posted by duke togo View Post
    Oh I see. I'm not worried then. He's probably just going to have another arc of 3-5 issues and is probably just working on those which has pretty much been standard procedure for Amazing Spider-Man . I'm guessing he'll be back in March or April.
    I think so too. The letters page for this issue didn't give any indication he's gone: no farewells, nothing.

Oh...is he drawing the FCBD for 2023? Anyone knows? I'm pretty sure CAFU's only doing the venom story...
    Last edited by Alex_Of_X; 11-09-2022 at 01:13 AM. Reason: high on goblin juice

BANNED

spoilers:
    Right, well, Kafka/Queenie was behind both Ned and Kingsley being brainwashed by the Winkler machine, she also supplied Norman with the laptop in the hospital knowing he would watch the fight and would want to get involved. He did so as Gold Goblin and came close to killing the Hobbies, until Peter intervened. Kafka believes Norman is one step closer to returning to his sinful ways

Peter was brutalised and unmasked, but I doubt either Kingsley or Leeds will remember who he is because they're brainwashed.
    end of spoilers

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Man, those action panels are pretty good.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Man, those action panels are pretty good.
    I couldn't quite understand why Norman did to Kingsley did he just did a beam point blank
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I couldn't quite understand why Norman did to Kingsley did he just did a beam point blank
    spoilers:
    Apparently the cure to make Norman evil again isn't to give him his sins back but just go Hulk style don't make him angry you'll not like him more when he's angry
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    spoilers:
    Right, well, Kafka/Queenie was behind both Ned and Kingsley being brainwashed by the Winkler machine, she also supplied Norman with the laptop in the hospital knowing he would watch the fight and would want to get involved. He did so as Gold Goblin and came close to killing the Hobbies, until Peter intervened. Kafka believes Norman is one step closer to returning to his sinful ways

Peter was brutalised and unmasked, but I doubt either Kingsley or Leeds will remember who he is because they're brainwashed.
    end of spoilers
    Nobody saw that twist coming.

Any Chasm sights?