Default Giant-Man (MCU) vs. Atom Smasher (DCEU)

Giant-Man
    (MCU)

vs.

Atom Smasher
    (DCEU)

Both combatants start in their giant forms. Who's taking the win?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    Giant-Man
    (MCU)

vs.

Atom Smasher
    (DCEU)

Both combatants start in their giant forms. Who's taking the win?
    Giant Man's best (all from Endgame: lifting hundreds of thousands of tons of stone and concrete, one-punching space whales, killing Cull Obsidian with a mis-step) seem way beyond anything Atom Smasher has thus far. He basically held down a not-completely-serious Adam before getting tossed, and did the same to Saddac. He did no actual damage to either of them. And that's really it.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Giant Man's best (all from Endgame: lifting hundreds of thousands of tons of stone and concrete, one-punching space whales, killing Cull Obsidian with a mis-step) seem way beyond anything Atom Smasher has thus far. He basically held down a not-completely-serious Adam before getting tossed, and did the same to Saddac. He did no actual damage to either of them. And that's really it.
    Ya but he survived hits from BA and sad and that energy blast and was shown to be at least in the ballpark of BA lefting that thing at the end that probably puts him over AM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Couldn't Giant Man just use his shapechanging doodads on Atom Smasher and shrink him?

Also;

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Giant Man's best (all from Endgame: lifting hundreds of thousands of tons of stone and concrete
    I don't think there's the math to confirm that it was hundreds of thousands of tons. They weren't that deep underground from what I recall. Tens of thousands seems much more plausible.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Couldn't Giant Man just use his shapechanging doodads on Atom Smasher and shrink him?

Also;

I don't think there's the math to confirm that it was hundreds of thousands of tons. They weren't that deep underground from what I recall. Tens of thousands seems much more plausible.
    You may be right. Checking...

In the missile strike scene, at 2h02m30s or so of the film, they fall what looks to be at least 100 and more probably 150 feet from the room they are in deep underground. Hulk is providing some space by supporting what is over them. The movie cycles through some other stuff after the water starts flooding the scene.

The next thing you see is him coming out of the ground with Hulk, Rhody and Rocket in his hand, at 2h17m50s. It's very inconclusive how much digging and climbing he had to do - was he tunneling up for all 15 minutes? Did he just have to stand? His size is probably something like 150 to 180 feet tall at this point. Hulk, Rocket and Rhody fit comfortably in his hand, which would make him much larger than that, but compared to the height of people near him, I'd peg it around there.

So, eh, I won't belabour the point. It doesn't really matter, it's massively better than anything shown by Atom Smasher. As, of course, are one-shotting space whales and one-shotting Cull by accident.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

As Big has stated, feels like Ant Man has the much better feats to lean on.

He just seems like the more legitimate powerhouse when he can kill Cull in a single blow.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member

So Ant-man has more feats and experience (since he's been in more movies), and more versatile abilities since he can shrink himself and others.

Seems like he's the pretty clear winner here.