Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Default If a 1980s SUPERMAN movie with C. Reeve were to feature Batman, Wonder Woman, etc.

When SUPERMAN VS. BATMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE premieres, it will be a historic moment for DC cinema because for the first time in live action, characters such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and other DC superheroes will appear together.

When Christopher Reeve played Superman during the late 1970s and 1980s, only Wonder Woman had a current TV series or movie. Batman had not appeared in live action on screen since the Adam West TV show wrapped in 1969, and would not reappear until the Tim Burton BATMAN film in 1989, by which time the Christopher Reeve SUPERMAN movie series had already concluded.

If another Christopher Reeve SUPERMAN movie were to have been made during the early 1990s (before Reeve's riding accident), and the plan was to team him up with Batman, Wonder Woman, and other characters (a la DAWN OF JUSTICE or even a full-fledged JUSTICE LEAGUE movie), who would have played well off of Reeve's Superman? Would Michael Keaton's Batman have worked well opposite Reeve's Superman? Who would play Wonder Woman, etc.?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Interesting idea. I don't think Lynda would have been Wonder Woman despite how good she was at it. There seemed to be very little crossover between TV and Movies for a long time and this was before that time was over.

I think the Burton Batman would have been too dark to exist in the same setting with Reeve's Superman. As Ultra Woman said, I doubt they would cast television actors in those days. I would have to think a lot more about who the big stars and up and coming ones were circa 1990.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

The Byrne version of Batman from MOS could have worked. He was more grimly determined than dark and grim.

The Adam West version wouldn't have been out of place in Superman IV.

No way would Keaton's Batman have worked.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    The Byrne version of Batman from MOS could have worked. He was more grimly determined than dark and grim.
    ...but whom, circa 1990, could have played the role...and what style of Bat-costume should he have worn?

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    ...but whom, circa 1990, could have played the role...and what style of Bat-costume should he have worn?

I'm terrible with actors, so no real idea. Maybe Rob Lowe?

I'd definitely go with a variation on the 70s Adams costume, though, grey and blue. No rubber, make it out of fabric so it doesn't look too out of place next to Superman's.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

I'll go with Daniel Day-Lewis as Batman and Julia Roberts as Wonder Woman

Retired

Mid to late '80s? Bruce Willis as Bruce Wayne/Batman. Maybe Debra Winger as Drusilla aka Wonder Girl turned Wonder Woman (with Lynda Carter making a guest cameo as Diana, Queen of Paradise Island).

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Mid to late '80s? Bruce Willis as Bruce Wayne/Batman. Maybe Debra Winger as Drusilla aka Wonder Girl turned Wonder Woman (with Lynda Carter making a guest cameo as Diana, Queen of Paradise Island).
    The sad part is that, in real life, Debra Winger did something like two episodes and then spent more money than she was paid to buy her way out of the contract and she probably hates that people still remember she played Wonder Girl.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

It's fun to dream.

It probably would've been kind of cheesy or campy and would've aged poorly and be rudely mocked on the internet by younger, modern audiences.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    It probably would've been kind of cheesy or campy and would've aged poorly and be rudely mocked on the internet by younger, modern audiences.
    LOL. Much like us older fans are.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Funny thing is I remember when the George Reeves stuff was made fun of by comparison to the "more realistic" and "cooler" Chris Reeve Superman of OUR generation. Aw, well. What goes around comes around. Some day, the campy silliness of the Henry Cavill version will be mocked by another younger generation because their generation and only their's may define what is "realistic" or "good".

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Funny thing is I remember when the George Reeves stuff was made fun of by comparison to the "more realistic" and "cooler" Chris Reeve Superman of OUR generation. Aw, well. What goes around comes around. Some day, the campy silliness of the Henry Cavill version will be mocked by another younger generation because their generation and only their's may define what is "realistic" or "good".
    Anymore "realistic," and Superman won't be flying or demonstrating feats of super strength.

Retired

I was trying to explain to my sister yesterday why comic book fans hate BATMAN AND ROBIN (the George Clooney movie). She had just seen it on TV and enjoyed it. I was at a loss to explain to my sister how the minds of comic book fans work. It really isn't something you can explain to the lay person. For the general public if they get entertainment value out of a movie then it has done its job. But comic book fans are working on a whole other level.