Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Zdarsky isn't my favorite but I've got no issues with him. If he has to go because he likes Bat-god, then 90% of their writers should go as well. That's unrealistic As long as he's not going on the twitter toilet and calling fans names for not liking his writing or taking shots at them in his actual work, then I see no reason for him to "disappear".

I don't like the characters jobbing to the villain and i find Failsafe dumb as hell, but the story itself at fun to read at least.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Get out, Chip is good, and being in a Batman comic is a chance for others to be in a comic that sells over 100K.
    khw0femu6uu91.jpg

So far I prefer his DD run than Failsafe but the Knight miniseries was pretty good.

How do you not like this guy?
    12jiqsq5zdu91.jpg
    oxb5ssq5zdu91.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    If he is another Bat-god writer, far too many of these have ruined the DCU already.
    Chip Zdarsky Ruins The DCU is an Elseworlds one-shot I may actually read.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    How do you not like this guy?
    12jiqsq5zdu91.jpg
    oxb5ssq5zdu91.jpg
    OMG! A writer with a sense of humor about his characters?

Honestly, I'd be surprised if Zdarsky wasn't thinking of Cerebus (while Pope) divorcing and marrying another woman so he could have sex with her during this tweeting.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

"Disappearing Chip Zdarsky" would be a bit extreme, wouldn't it?

Zdarsky is far, far from the worst writer DC employs.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Incredible Member

There is nothing wrong with how Zdarsky writes Batman, but there is something wrong with how DC keeps using Batman > Justice League as a choice.
    Zdarsky's run so far is just mindless entertainment, where storybeats just flow smoothly. Regardless of how illogical Failsafe is, it totally makes sense in the context of the story Zdarsky is writing.

In contrast, the dumpster fire of how Fitzmartin is writing Tim Drake or Williamson is writing Dark Crisis, is an example of writers whose storybeats are very herky jerky, and is failing to convincingly write progression from point A to point B. There are too many plotholes and dropped developments in the context of the story being written.

Thank you Zdarsky, for the best DC action pages in 2022, Batman 126 is a blockbuster and Nightwing's best appearance of the year (in a fight he loses).