View Poll Results: how many movies will pattinson be batman in?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll

9 69.23%

3 23.08%

0 0%

1 7.69%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'd say four. Part of it is they're taking their time right now. And the Nolan films weren't rushed either.

Another wrinkle is how long they want to keep a series going that doesn't interact with Superman or Wonder Woman.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I really want them to do a Robin. And truth be told I do not mind an older Robin because it would be hard to do an kid/early teen Robin. But you could easy make him 15 or 16 like Peter Parker MCU.
    I think it can work too if they skip it being a kid/teen/son. And more of a developed younger partner/sidekick role. That way they can keep the dark brooding they love in Batman films and still develop bat family extensions for the movies in mainstream.

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    As long as Batman movies are dark and serious you aren’t going to get a comics accurate robin. It brings up too many questions that a serious, grounded Batman movie doesn’t want to answer.

It would only work in something more fantastical and lighthearted. Even then his age would still be problematic.
    Miller's TDKR was and is the blueprint for most of the modern dark serious Batman and it used a young, fairly comics accurate (except for gender) Robin quite effectively. Outside of superheroes, there was Short Round in ToD. Just treat the Batman/Robin dynamic as sort of a modern day version of "True Grit" (either the Coen Brothers or John Wayne version) and it works fine.

I may be the only guy on the planet that liked the last two Batman Movies with Two Face, Riddler and Poison Ivy and Bane.

They were colorful and goofy and full of Cheese. I just pictured them being big budget Adam West Batman movies.
    I thought they were fun myself (almost always been a fan of Jim Carrey for example). But it took until the Dark Knight trilogy for a new Batman film. But the point remains; they did try the whole "replace the actor after they leave and not acknowledge it". The films flopped, overall.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    Miller's TDKR was and is the blueprint for most of the modern dark serious Batman and it used a young, fairly comics accurate (except for gender) Robin quite effectively. Outside of superheroes, there was Short Round in ToD. Just treat the Batman/Robin dynamic as sort of a modern day version of "True Grit" (either the Coen Brothers or John Wayne version) and it works fine.
    Miller’s TDKR has been mined heavily for movie versions except for Robin. It’s very telling that they almost totally ignore that part. I wonder why.

Short Round in ToD was problematic then and would never fly today. True Grit is also a story set in a particular time period and it’s a one time situation.

The problem with Robin is that you have to explain and justify why Batman would allow a child to be put in danger again and again. You can hand wave that question away in comics and cartoons but it’s much harder to do in live action with a real child actor.

The only real options that don’t make Batman look like some deranged psycho is age Robin up, which they did once, or basically turn Robin into Oracle and have him help from the safety of the Batcave. You could even have Robin go out on the street against Batman’s orders but you can only do that once or twice.

The child fighting adults thing doesn’t work in a serious live action movie. At least not without making the adults who allow such a thing look like monsters for not stopping it.

The child fighting adults thing works in kid movies - see Spy Kids for instance. But the DCU is anything but kid friendly.

Also Disney got away with using an underage Spider-Man in Civil War by basically being really lighthearted for a lot of it and also joking about the underage thing and making it so the plot conveniently never had him in real danger. So its possible for DCU to follow the same kind of pattern, they could do it but just choose not to even try in their whole grimdark obsession.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    The child fighting adults thing works in kid movies - see Spy Kids for instance. But the DCU is anything but kid friendly.

Also Disney got away with using an underage Spider-Man in Civil War by basically being really lighthearted for a lot of it and also joking about the underage thing and making it so the plot conveniently never had him in real danger. So its possible for DCU to follow the same kind of pattern, they could do it but just choose not to even try in their whole grimdark obsession.
    Also Spider-Man has powers. It’s a bit more acceptable if the kid has powers. Robin may be well trained but he’s still a normal human child.

Any one that says kids fighting adults does not work in movies has clearly never seen the greatest action movie ever

3 Ninjas High Noon At Mega Mountian.

Mic Drop!!
    Last edited by babyblob; 11-09-2022 at 03:06 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Any one that says kids fighting adults does not work in movies has clearly never seen the greatest action movie ever

Mic Drop!!
    So you're the person that watched it...That Unsolved Mystery is now solved! Robert Stack is now happy and can rest peacefully...

A younger Robin could always be a ward he adopts from the orphanage. And he stays with Alfred, learning and providing "tech support" till he's older. Then cast older when you want him to fight. They did setup his Aunt as a connection to Bruce via cameo. That could be a way to get a young Dick in, too, Bruce knows his aunt and agrees to raise him.

This Batman could easily reluctantly mentor an older, street-wise wannabe vigilante Dick because he keeps showing up at the scene. He's gonna kill or be killed, so he helps the 20ish year old man.

This Batman could just as easily have a super detective orphaned Tim find the Batcave and never leave him alone until he trains him. He could be 16-18.

Also, this Batman has clearly been around (but still kinda new at it) and he could have interacted with Ra's and Talia, so Damian could show up years later. This would clearly be in a third film or later.

James looks old enough to have a teenage daughter in college. For a slight twist, Barbara could show up and be the one Batman mentors. She could be 20-24.

Spoiler and Jason work best as second or third or later Robins IMHO.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 11-10-2022 at 09:06 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    So because the movie was just fine in your opinion you don't wanna give it a chance to improve?
    I'm just saying I'd rather have seen something different with the character.

I'd be into other heroes like Bronze Tiger popping up. They could get John David Washington to do it. He and Pattinson had good chemistry in Tenet.

Mic Drop!!
    Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    So you're the person that watched it...That Unsolved Mystery is now solved! Robert Stack is now happy and can rest peacefully...
    Wow! There's another fan that stuck with the series that long too!

Mic Drop!!
    Okay, now I love 3 Ninjas but to suggest that was the best of the franchise is just heresy!
    Original was the best, prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Wow! There's another fan that stuck with the series that long too!
    I watched them all, what 90s kid didn't?