Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Oh, there is a whole BTS legend about that: Originally, the idea/concept was than Kon-EL and Linda Danvers (post crisis earth angel Supergirl) were the ones who would be the New Nightwing and Flamebird, after all both lacked a proper book at the time. The new suits were designed by Alex Ross for them and the idea was to use them in thos identities. However, editorial nixed the idea (I don't know exactly who was the one who opposed the idea or the motives) and they were replaced at last minute by Thara Ak-Var and Chris(Lor-Zod) Kent and implying a rewrote of several aspects. You can see than after that change, Alex Ross left DC and never came back so I suspect he had collaborated in a way to rescue Linda and Kon and didn't like the intrusion of the other two characters. And the fuss must had been big enough to discard the Ross desings and use the armors (which it seems were also not very welcomed as both changed again into something more visually heroic). But in the end, what was originally a good idea to refocus two characters who were in limbo, it became an idea to miscarriage other two characters, to send them to limbo forever.
    Oh yeah, it really DOESN'T look like the same character as Thara Ak-Var.
    Attachment 126332
    ^slightly strawberry blonde^

Then this where she is very, very brunette. hmm her skin looks slightly darker too.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Damn. I just thought he was raised by his dad and mom. He could've been an antihero.
    well, yes. but also, villain decay has made Zod and Ursa far less... evil than before. Mean? yes. Dangerous? H--- yes!!!! but more.. nuanced. Putting Lor-Zod with that sort of... grey-toned upbringing and giving him a scenario where he might have a reason to actually help Jon or Kara? hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Oh yeah, it really DOESN'T look like the same character as Thara Ak-Var.
    Attachment 126332
    ^slightly strawberry blonde^

Then this where she is very, very brunette. hmm her skin looks slightly darker too.
    Cosmetic changes aside, I think the worse was to force a relationship of an adult woman with a child. That was creepy. I suppose the idea originally was a romance between Kon and Linda (dunno about that, but at least would had been more acceptable) and the writers had to work with the elements they did have at hand.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 11-19-2022 at 06:07 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

well, yes. but also, villain decay has made Zod and Ursa far less... evil than before. Mean? yes. Dangerous? H--- yes!!!! but more.. nuanced. Putting Lor-Zod with that sort of... grey-toned upbringing and giving him a scenario where he might have a reason to actually help Jon or Kara? hmm...
    Just saying he still has more to offer.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-19-2022 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Just saying he still has more to offer.
    But not as Superman' son or adopted son.

back on track:
    Lois also had her chance as Flamebird:

00_Nw&Fb.jpg
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 11-27-2022 at 09:15 PM. Reason: change image.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

oooh! yeah, I haven't had a chance to read that one yet.

oooh! yeah, I haven't had a chance to read that one yet.
    It was really fun to read. Specailly thanks to all the weirdness around.