Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Wonder Woman Allies and the way forward

Over the past few years, we have had a bunch of characters introduced/reintroduced only for the new writing team to be unsure of what needs to be done with them and have them relegated to the back. Although imo, they shouldn't overshadow WW in her own comic but a bit of consistency across writers does help.

Was hoping you all could suggest 3 constant allies (humans/ Amazonians) and the roles you want them to take up in the comics across writers. Not necessarily every comic but a mainstay for the next few writing teams. It's important tehy start playing a consistent part in the storyline too, otherwise they ll not have any reason to be there. Etta for one is someone I see as Wonder Woman's confidante.

Donna and the Kapatelis.

Steve
    Artemis
    Julia Kapatelis

Wonder Woman should have her current supporting cast in her own book. With the Amazons taking interest in the modern world, as a nation they need operatives to further their agenda. This is where Artemis, Yara Flor and Grace Choi come in as a separate support team for Wonder Woman, her own Birds of Prey called the Eagles. Cassie and Donna can assist as needed, with Nubia as the overall leader who sets the assignments. There are more than enough characters to support a second title and Wonder Woman's world needs expansion in order to be equal with the rest of the families of the trinity.

I like the current team of Steve, Etta and Siggy, but I'd also add Julia as a regular cast member. And Ferdinand, Myndi Mayer, Ed Indelicato and the Holliday Girls should be the books's recurring characters along with Donna, Cassie and the Amazons.

Steve, definitely, Ferdinand was a nice one too.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I guess Steve, Etta (though I would vastly prefer Holliday girl version) and Donna if I were to limit it to three.

Ideally, my core cast outside of Themyscira would be those three, Ferdinand and the Kapatelis women. Plus maybe whoever Steve's boss is at the time, Darnell or Michaelis.

Steve, Etta and Siggy seem like a good combination.

My overall approach to thinking about Diana’s “family” is more in line with the Batfamily though. I want room for Donna, Cassie, Ferdinand, Achilles Warkiller, Atlantiades, Yara Flor, Nubia, Hippolyta, Philippus, Io, Artemis, a new Wonder Boy and others to show up when the call is put out.

In my Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee, I’m working hard to integrate a lot of her supporting cast that should part of her stories as needed. Characters like: Myndi and Kevin Mayer, some other Amazons, ARGUS teammates, Trevor Barnes, Julia Kapatelis, Helena Sandsmark, the Embassy staff, Ed Indelicato, etc.

There’s no reason Diana can’t have an immersive and interconnected group of co-stars and supporting characters for her stories.

I don't know how people sit here and ask for big ass families like... it's too much. If I was writing, I'd be killing people off at some point.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    I don't know how people sit here and ask for big ass families like... it's too much. If I was writing, I'd be killing people off at some point.
    Why? Just put them in a separate book.

If Superman can have Kara, Kenan, John Henry, Natasha, Conner and Jon

and Batman can have Dick, Damian, Stephanie, Barbara, Cassandra, Helena, Helena, Duke, Tim, Jason, Jace, Luke and Selena

then Wonder Woman can have Donna, Artemis, Cassie, Yara, Nubia, Peng, Siggy and Grace, that's only fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Why? Just put them in a separate book.

If Superman can have Kara, Kenan, John Henry, Natasha, Conner and Jon

and Batman can have Dick, Damian, Stephanie, Barbara, Cassandra, Helena, Helena, Duke, Tim, Jason, Jace, Luke and Selena

then Wonder Woman can have Donna, Artemis, Cassie, Yara, Nubia, Peng, Siggy and Grace, that's only fair.
    Can they support separate books is the question. Most of the Batfamily can’t outside of Nightwing, Red Hood, Robin, and Batgirl, neither can the Superfamily (sucks to say). Nubia’s sales were not great and while Yara started off strong, the problems behind the scenes ultimately tanked her too. Donna and Cassie can’t support solo books.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Donna and Cassie can’t support solo books.
    We don't know that for sure. They never even had a solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Can they support separate books is the question. Most of the Batfamily can’t outside of Nightwing, Red Hood, Robin, and Batgirl, neither can the Superfamily (sucks to say). Nubia’s sales were not great and while Yara started off strong, the problems behind the scenes ultimately tanked her too. Donna and Cassie can’t support solo books.
    That's why you combine them all in one title and leave Steve, Etta and Siggy in Wonder Woman. With the Amazon Embassy in Man's World it's needed. Let them go on missions to free women all over the globe.

Quote Originally Posted by Donpayne View Post
    Over the past few years, we have had a bunch of characters introduced/reintroduced only for the new writing team to be unsure of what needs to be done with them and have them relegated to the back. Although imo, they shouldn't overshadow WW in her own comic but a bit of consistency across writers does help.

Was hoping you all could suggest 3 constant allies (humans/ Amazonians) and the roles you want them to take up in the comics across writers. Not necessarily every comic but a mainstay for the next few writing teams. It's important tehy start playing a consistent part in the storyline too, otherwise they ll not have any reason to be there. Etta for one is someone I see as Wonder Woman's confidante.
    It's Amazons, not Amazonians ��

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    It's Amazons, not Amazonians ��
    So sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    That's why you combine them all in one title and leave Steve, Etta and Siggy in Wonder Woman. With the Amazon Embassy in Man's World it's needed. Let them go on missions to free women all over the globe.
    I kinda agree. And have them meet up here and there with the main cast . Although, Siggy can be more of a link character between the two sub groups as although a man, he is not technically a part of the current Man's World. I am still trying to understand Cloonrad's vision for bringing him back and if it is a long term thing. Donna, Cassie and Siggy can be a tight group too.
    Last edited by Donpayne; 10-28-2022 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Typos. Eng is not my first language :(