Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default What do you guys think and think of the Wonder Woman in the Justice Society of A

What do you guys think about Diana in the Justice Society? Do you like the idea of her being a superhero for decades? Do you think she should be from what era? To be from the Second World War or to arrive in the World of Men only in the present?

And what about her mother? The time-traveling Hippolyta was a cool idea? But it does somewhat dilute the idea of Diana being the first Wonder Woman, right?

And what do you think is her current story? And Steve? Is he immortal too? An Time Traveller ? I read The New Golden Age and I'm confused and curious, I don't think even DC knows her current story!

And do you think there's a chance that Lyta will be her daughter again?

Last edited by Lucas 35; 11-08-2022 at 07:21 AM.

I'm fine with her being in both groups and active since the 1940s. I also don't mind Diana not being the first Amazon to leave themyscira but you could give them other names. Having Hippolyta be Fury could be fitting.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-08-2022 at 07:32 AM.

Introduces way more problems to her supporting cast, status quo, and lore (i.e. the important stuff) than it's worth just to keep WW's association on a team where she was the secretary.

No interest in Diana being a legacy character to a title that started with her, time travel nonsense, or her debuting the 40s then quitting like a coward and then re-debuting in the modern times.

The only story use I'd be interested in would be some New Frontier style standalone book that actually goes full-in on the alternate history aspect. None of this "the world's still mostly the same even though in the 1940s there were supermen and deities fighting in WW2" nonsense.

Not interested.

If its modern day, I'd say try putting her on that team and remove her from the JL. If it's forced in the past, then nope, not interested.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

I don’t even like keeping the JSA in the WWII, let alone Wonder Woman.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I love Wonder Woman being in World War II, the JSA, and the All-Star Squadron. Any issues with her supporting cast and villains can be worked out with creative writing. This is all imaginary after all...
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Introduces way more problems to her supporting cast, status quo, and lore (i.e. the important stuff) than it's worth just to keep WW's association on a team where she was the secretary.

No interest in Diana being a legacy character to a title that started with her, time travel nonsense, or her debuting the 40s then quitting like a coward and then re-debuting in the modern times.

The only story use I'd be interested in would be some New Frontier style standalone book that actually goes full-in on the alternate history aspect. None of this "the world's still mostly the same even though in the 1940s there were supermen and deities fighting in WW2" nonsense.
    Pretty much this.

I don't like Wonder Woman in the World Wars. I don't like Hippolyta as Wonder Woman or Diana turned into a legacy character. And frankly I don't care about the JSA or Diana's place in it for that matter.

It's all an unnecessary complication to her backstory that makes a mess of her supporting cast, rogues, and character that adds little to nothing of value. Wonder Woman--Diana--should should just be set the modern day.

Fantastic Member

I like it, but as others have said it makes some problem with supporting cast.

I’m for whatever brings Fury, Lyta Trevor, back and into the fold of being a member of Infinity Inc. Batman and Superman have kids now and Helena Wayne is coming back as part of the New Golden Age, so Fury can make her return too and add her to the Wonder family.

We need a Trinity of Power Girl, Huntress and Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    We need a Trinity of Power Girl, Huntress and Fury.
    Yes, please.

Astonishing Member

It's Diana, so she isn't legacy. Also makes her the centre of Earth 0 and one of the first heros of Earth 0.

I'm fine with Superman just inspiring the modern and current age. Have to keep in mind most of the silver age gets moved up sliding time wise.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Is this the flightless, can't beat Aquaman on land version based on the Justice Society movie?

In that case, a hard no!!!

From The New Golden Age one shot

I like the idea of her being made of clay so if she dies she can be remade so I like her in JSA then dies, rebirth, then her modern adventures.