Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Jax City/Kill The FIremen

If it doesn't happen to Superman, Batman, Green Arrow, and Aquaman, I don't see any reason why Diana needs to be thrown back into a team that's a B-list. I've been into discussions where folks use the excuse that Superman and Batman aren't "tied" to WWII like Wonder Woman, which is a pile of BS. Superman was Mr. America. He was the guy with Truth Justice, and the American Way, a phrase created explicitly to rally moral. Batman and Robin were telling people to buy war bonds and support the cause just like every superhero was doing. It was Superman who was written saying: "slap a Jap". Yet, Wonder Woman is the one who's tied to WW2 more than anybody.

Yeah, Sensation Comics did a lot of WW2 stories, but the Wonder Woman didn't have a lot of WW2 stories. Diana went to the Garden of Eden, she was time traveling, she was traveling to planets. Diana in the 1940s did more than punch Germans and Japanese.

She doesn't need it in my opinion. What does being the "first" superhero matter for? She's always going to play second fiddle to the world's finest. Focus on Diana NOW, fix that instead.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    If it doesn't happen to Superman, Batman, Green Arrow, and Aquaman, I don't see any reason why Diana needs to be thrown back into a team that's a B-list. I've been into discussions where folks use the excuse that Superman and Batman aren't "tied" to WWII like Wonder Woman, which is a pile of BS. Superman was Mr. America. He was the guy with Truth Justice, and the American Way, a phrase created explicitly to rally moral. Batman and Robin were telling people to buy war bonds and support the cause just like every superhero was doing. It was Superman who was written saying: "slap a Jap". Yet, Wonder Woman is the one who's tied to WW2 more than anybody.

Yeah, Sensation Comics did a lot of WW2 stories, but the Wonder Woman didn't have a lot of WW2 stories. Diana went to the Garden of Eden, she was time traveling, she was traveling to planets. Diana in the 1940s did more than punch Germans and Japanese.

She doesn't need it in my opinion. What does being the "first" superhero matter for? She's always going to play second fiddle to the world's finest. Focus on Diana NOW, fix that instead.
    Finally you admit it. DC and WB are sexists. That's why she will always be less.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Finally you admit it. DC and WB are sexists. That's why she will always be less.
    I've voiced my dislike of the "Trinity" and how it doesn't do her much good, except for popularity. It's why I rarely use the phrase.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Young Allstars is still in canon with Helena being Lyta’s mother. This was in today’s The Golden Age one shot. Plus Kate Spencer is still around, and she’s Iron Munroe’s daughter.
    Do you mean the Stargirl issue? I have it, but haven’t read it heat.