Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Power Girl debuting before Superman is as ridiculous as Donna Troy debuting before Wonder Woman. DC keeps making the same mistakes over and over!
    Feel the same way. But there's so much history that DC has written and rewritten already. Doubt if anyone could keep it straight.

--jthree

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    But Johns did choose to dimish Aquaman by having another Aquaman with the same look debuting decades prior to him, so...
    This is a joke, right? This is the original Aquaman, and that was his official origin up to the day they gave him that weird Namor-inspired origin. He was confirmed to exist separately in All Star Squadron 59/60 (the last issues before the post-crisis universe set in, so he was immediately erased and his origin given to obscure Golden-Ager Neptune Perkins)

The timeline in this comic is giving me a headache.

I enjoyed this one shot and am generally a Johns fan so I'm really excited to see where all this leads.

No I don't care about the rewrites. I'm interested in this story.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    No, he’s just tweaking stuff in the past and future. In the future he’s killing various dr. Fates and Batman so as to create the Huntress. In the past he’s kidnapped the children and sidekicks of the JSA who were being returned to timeline following Flashpoint Beyond.

So it’s more likely to say he’s slowly manipulating events to his advantage.
    I mean because we’re getting snippets of the Bronze Age JSA happening in the actual year of 1976 rather than saying 10 years ago, (with comics sliding time scale.)

Astonishing Member

I accept new timelines and visualise in my mind the new parts or info overriding some or all previous parts of history. Same goes for reinserting old stuff back in.

With the JSA's decades of history now the norm, the fashion and culture references and other stuff from those periods that appeared in those old issues happened again in the past.

I don't think we need Power Girl somehow debuting before Superman in-continuity. I don't even need Wonder Woman in the JSA.

Also not sure what the point of Golden Age Aquaman is.

Astonishing Member

Wonder Woman contributed little to GA JSA. It wasn't until the Bronze Age, I think, that she participated in a few adventures (early 100s of JLA). So wiping her her from continuity is fine by me as well.

At the end of the day, I wish they just would have reestablished Earth 2 where the timeline was a bit slower -- so that WWII happened only 30 years ago -- and the children of the JSA were in their early 20s. Is that so difficult, DC?!

Quote Originally Posted by Filbert View Post
    This is a joke, right? This is the original Aquaman, and that was his official origin up to the day they gave him that weird Namor-inspired origin. He was confirmed to exist separately in All Star Squadron 59/60 (the last issues before the post-crisis universe set in, so he was immediately erased and his origin given to obscure Golden-Ager Neptune Perkins)

The timeline in this comic is giving me a headache.
    It feels like Johns and many fans want Arthur to be Namor rather than Aquaman and I just don't know why.

Each of the heroes is different. They are each cool in their own right

Because until the Jason Mamoa movies, Aquaman was treated as a joke. "This looks like a job for Aquaman!" - Super Friends.

Making him more like Namor might have been to try and make him more badass? Especially in more recent times where Namor has been depicted as a villain (he's even the villain of the Black Panther film, even though in the comics he's actually currently an Avenger!), Aquaman can be seen as a more heroic take on the Atlantean king (Black Panther 2 has even given Namor a different kingdom to rule, to avoid looking like an Aquaman knock-off, even though it's Aquaman who's actually the copy).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think we need Power Girl somehow debuting before Superman in-continuity. I don't even need Wonder Woman in the JSA.

Also not sure what the point of Golden Age Aquaman is.
    Power Girl debuting before Superman is weird and unnecessary. WW on the JSA could work, since she's immortal.

Golden Age Aquaman might be tied to an existing character or resurface in the present.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    It feels like Johns and many fans want Arthur to be Namor rather than Aquaman and I just don't know why.

Each of the heroes is different. They are each cool in their own right
    I don't think I've ever expressed wanting Arthur to be more like Namor?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I'm rather impressed by the scale of this whole thing.

Say what you will about Johns but he's not half-assing this, its certainly something. The return of the JSA is certainly an event indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Power Girl debuting before Superman is weird and unnecessary. WW on the JSA could work, since she's immortal.
    She's Immortal, but her supporting cast and non-public domain villains aren't. Being on the JSA doesn't benefit her in the slightest, it only creates more continuity problems.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Wonder Woman contributed little to GA JSA. It wasn't until the Bronze Age, I think, that she participated in a few adventures (early 100s of JLA). So wiping her her from continuity is fine by me as well.

At the end of the day, I wish they just would have reestablished Earth 2 where the timeline was a bit slower -- so that WWII happened only 30 years ago -- and the children of the JSA were in their early 20s. Is that so difficult, DC?!
    Not difficult, just really dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    She's Immortal, but her supporting cast and non-public domain villains aren't. Being on the JSA doesn't benefit her in the slightest, it only creates more continuity problems.
    At best it's just using Diana as a marketing prop to bring more eyes to a JSA book, but so far it doesn't seem like that's what they're doing.