View Poll Results: What do you think of the Wells run on ASM?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's one of the best ASM runs

3 4.84%
  • It's a good run

7 11.29%
  • It's an average run

7 11.29%
  • It's a mediocre run

21 33.87%
  • It's one of the worst ASM runs

24 38.71%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Middest of the middling runs that ever midded.

Astonishing Member

Too much soap opera. I hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    You mean to tell me that you think Peter getting beat to pulp in every arc so far is the best? It worked for Ultimate Spider-Man because Peter was new at the super hero gig. But this Peter should know how to handle Tombstone or the Vulture.
    Yeah, Pete getting demolished is great, imho. He's had 15~ canon years of experience, but so have his foes. It would be super sad to see him grow so beyond the Ditko-Romita-Stern era baddies so as to render them non-threatening.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Yeah, Pete getting demolished is great, imho. He's had 15~ canon years of experience, but so have his foes. It would be super sad to see him grow so beyond the Ditko-Romita-Stern era baddies so as to render them non-threatening.
    exactly why shouldn't his opponents get stronger after each bout with him. the way Vulture was beating up Peter was smart and effective probably from years of fighting that guy.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    exactly why shouldn't his opponents get stronger after each bout with him. the way Vulture was beating up Peter was smart and effective probably from years of fighting that guy.
    The Vulture beating the **** out of Peter was terrible. He was just really mad, which allowed him to beat Spidey so badly that Peter called Norman Osborn begging for help. The Vulture himself didn't even matter, it could have been anyone (and should have been someone else).

I didn't buy it for a second.

Astonishing Member

He's taking a break already, I wonder why.

Feels like the major villains are constantly whupping Spider-Man in this run.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    That just emphasizes his lack of progress. He’s literally fighting the same enemy that he started off with.

It’s why I wasn’t as critical of JMS and BND not using classic villains and got annoyed when they were brought back. They’re too much of a crutch.

This is a hard one to rate. I love the parts i love and i love the art but the best way i can explain it is i feel like me and Wells read the same sunday strip and he took everything good and great from that but while i see pete as charming and winning down, lol, he sees him as immature and writes him like peter pan knowing he will never grow up so is like "f#(# it" i don't know if it's peter's awareness because again when it's on the writing is on especially for the villains or if it's Well's mental summary of Peter most likely reading more recent stories than i. But yeah good book but not really good book for Spiderman or peter if that makes sense.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    That just emphasizes his lack of progress. He’s literally fighting the same enemy that he started off with.

It’s why I wasn’t as critical of JMS and BND not using classic villains and got annoyed when they were brought back. They’re too much of a crutch.
    I don't think the problem is him fighting an old villain, it's the execution.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by icefour33 View Post
    It is easily the best ongoing Spider-Man comic since I started reading comics (10 years ago) and if it continues as it is then it could compare with the best of historic Spider-Man comics (not on the Ditko level but a level or two below). Just an exhilarating comic, both on the action side and the personal and nobody draws action as well as JRJr.
    Zeb? Zeb is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The Vulture beating the **** out of Peter was terrible. He was just really mad, which allowed him to beat Spidey so badly that Peter called Norman Osborn begging for help. The Vulture himself didn't even matter, it could have been anyone (and should have been someone else).

I didn't buy it for a second.
    he took him to the sky and destroyed his web shooters sure he was mad but he still got it done. Peter finally beat Kindred when he got mad despite the fact every other fight they had he lost. his old villains should be allow to beat him cause they aren't going away and a new villain won't get the props anyway

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

he took him to the sky and destroyed his web shooters sure he was mad but he still got it done. Peter finally beat Kindred when he got mad despite the fact every other fight they had he lost. his old villains should be allow to beat him cause they aren't going away and a new villain won't get the props anyway
    Problem is besides the fight with Moria. Peter has been beaten to a pulp in basically every arc and it's just bad now that it's a running joke. It's like they want to make Peter's book so bad that Miles new book will sell better and become the new hit book

I think it probably would have come off better without Peter crying to Norman for help.

Heck, didn't Norman just save him from the Hobgoblins too?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Problem is besides the fight with Moria. Peter has been beaten to a pulp in basically every arc and it's just bad now that it's a running joke. It's like they want to make Peter's book so bad that Miles new book will sell better and become the new hit book
    that stupid reason wonder how you got to that thought process. Peter been getting his ass kicked since the Spencer run everyone been saying it