View Poll Results: What do you think of the Wells run on ASM?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's one of the best ASM runs

3 4.84%
  • It's a good run

7 11.29%
  • It's an average run

7 11.29%
  • It's a mediocre run

21 33.87%
  • It's one of the worst ASM runs

24 38.71%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    that stupid reason wonder how you got to that thought process. Peter been getting his ass kicked since the Spencer run everyone been saying it
    Wells has been doing it much worse and even says he enjoys it

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Wells has been doing it much worse and even says enjoys it
    been the same level of ass kicking since the spencer run. also you got a source that Wells says he enjoy it?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

been the same level of ass kicking since the spencer run. also you got a source that Wells says he enjoy it?
    In an interview from Aug he said he likes to see Peter get beat up and him being sad and readers to figure out why and JRJRs faces of him as such.

I don't think Spencer's Peter got beat up that much outside maybe the Kindred fight or the Kraven fight but he still picked himself back up again and won.

he took him to the sky and destroyed his web shooters sure he was mad but he still got it done. Peter finally beat Kindred when he got mad despite the fact every other fight they had he lost. his old villains should be allow to beat him cause they aren't going away and a new villain won't get the props anyway
    Vulture shouldn't have been able to do that. "He's really mad this time" (as opposed to all the other times he was really mad at Spider-Man when they fought) is a poor explanation. Vulture isn't a Hulk. He doesn't get more powerful just because he's really mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it probably would have come off better without Peter crying to Norman for help.

Heck, didn't Norman just save him from the Hobgoblins too?
    Wells is repeating his plot points. He also wrote an "Aunt May forgives Peter" scene during BND. Only the "Norman saves Peter" scene were a few issues apart as opposed to years apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Vulture shouldn't have been able to do that. "He's really mad this time" (as opposed to all the other times he was really mad at Spider-Man when they fought) is a poor explanation. Vulture isn't a Hulk. He doesn't get more powerful just because he's really mad.

Wells is repeating his plot points. He also wrote an "Aunt May forgives Peter" scene during BND. Only the "Norman saves Peter" scene were a few issues apart as opposed to years apart.
    Will be dumb to get a newer version if JMS I need you scene this time, but with his own touch

vulture shouldnt do lots of things if you consider his old age yet he does. But because probably for the first time in those fights he severely beats Spider-man now we are questioning the validity of it.

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

vulture shouldnt do lots of things if you consider his old age yet he does. But because probably for the first time in those fights he severely beats Spider-man now we are questioning the validity of it.
    It's not just that it's also how he asks Norman for help and let him and Tombstone get away with a lot of shady stuff. Like how he told Norman not to track his suit and "conventionally" shows up to save him. So much of this run is just an awful example of doing things correctly. Just for plot convenience. This is taking Slotts use of making certain characters ignore who they are and turning everyone in this run into the worse versions of themselves. I mean look as a prime example how Kamala is being portrayed

You make it sound like the writing is bad in this run. (I think the writing is bad in this run.)

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

It's super unfocused and poorly paced.

The biggest problem with it by far is it keeps getting sidetracked. After that intro arc with Tombstone we got the standalone anniversary issue. And then not long after that, we got the super belated tie-in/continuation of the Spider-Man subplot from the Hellfire Gala, which came out three months after the Hellfire Gala issue. And then an entire issue dedicated towards only a minor portion of Judgement Day. And then this most recent Hobgoblin story was essentially a backdoor pilot to the Gold Goblin mini-series.

In a vacuum none of this is bad, but when you remember the series is only 13 issues in and it keeps dangling the relationship drama between Peter, MJ and Paul I don't blame people for losing their patience.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Mighty Member

I voted mediocre, and that is my being nice.
    I can't enjoy this run at all.
    Wells totally crapped on Peter/MJ, and that was just in the very first issue.
    It was a complete opposite of the beginning of Spencer's run which I enjoyed.
    I don't want to constantly see Peter being unhappy and getting knocked down and having a hard time getting back up emotionally and physically.
    I don't want Mary Jane with another man nor do I want Peter with another woman.
    Peter/Mary Jane is one of Marvel's iconic comic book pairing, but Marvel the pairing and its fans like garbage.

I am a bit jaded right now.

I am taking solace by reading Kraven's Lost Hunt as well as pre-OMD comics Spider-Man comics.
    Last edited by Starrius; 11-15-2022 at 02:54 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I voted mediocre, and that is my being nice.
    I can't enjoy this run at all.
    Wells totally crapped on Peter/MJ, and that was just in the very first issue.
    It was a complete opposite of the beginning of Spencer's run which I enjoyed.

I am a bit jaded right now.

I am taking solace by reading Kraven's Lost Hunt as well as pre-OMD comics Spider-Man comics
    Is Spencer's run worth reading/buying? I have all of two issues (#38 for the Earth X Mayday variant and #74 because of Pete/MJ and Ben/Janine) but when I flipped through the Sinister War TPB at work the other day, I just could not bring myself to get into it for some reason.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Is Spencer's run worth reading/buying? I have all of two issues (#38 for the Earth X Mayday variant and #74 because of Pete/MJ and Ben/Janine) but when I flipped through the Sinister War TPB at work the other day, I just could not bring myself to get into it for some reason.
    my only issue with Spencer run is the inconsistent art and the ending of the whole kindred plot besides that I enjoyed it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    first off, I noticed that I made a mistake in my post

I typed: I want to constantly see Peter being unhappy and getting knocked down and having a hard time
    I mistakenly left out the word, don't .......I corrected my mistake

I think Spencer's run is worth buying/reading, but it looked like he was planning to undo OMD and was stopped.
    I did enjoy it.
    Last edited by Starrius; 11-15-2022 at 03:02 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

You make it sound like the writing is bad in this run. (I think the writing is bad in this run.)
    was not my attention to find faults in wells writing like the majority do. I was just explaining why I had no issue with Vulture beating up Spider man in that issue.