View Poll Results: What do you think of the Wells run on ASM?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's one of the best ASM runs

3 4.84%
  • It's a good run

7 11.29%
  • It's an average run

7 11.29%
  • It's a mediocre run

21 33.87%
  • It's one of the worst ASM runs

24 38.71%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    If Wells keeps writing Peter as he has been, I'm going to start to root for Paul.
    What? What treachery?! Defiler! Defiler and debaser! You have violated the sanctity of the Night Mother's coffin! Explain yourself!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

I'm rooting for Amazing Spider-Man getting a new writer, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I'm rooting for Amazing Spider-Man getting a new writer, lol.
    Worse than Slott?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Worse than Slott?
    I would rather this franchise saw new writers, and not the same people from 15 years ago doing the same things they did 15 years ago.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think the problem is him fighting an old villain, it's the execution.
    I think the problem is that he’s fighting an old villain. Especially since Vulture was never really meant to be a mastermind character. He can be retired, and Spider-Man can be allowed to have an accomplishment rather than just doing the same thing that he started out with.

Astonishing Member

Apparently the Feb Solicits said that the 4th issue of Fantastic Four will finally revealed the mystery of the explosion in NYC that Reed supposedly cause, that was fast compare to Peter's mystery.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Apparently the Feb Solicits said that the 4th issue of Fantastic Four will finally revealed the mystery of the explosion in NYC that Reed supposedly cause, that was fast compare to Peter's mystery.
    Marvel realizing their mistake with this run

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Marvel realizing their mistake with this run
    Hopefully that means the end of Mystery Boxes for a while at least.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

I was reading the first issue of Extraordinary X-Men last night. I forgot that the series also had a cumbersome mystery box regarding something Cyclops did. Reminded me of this current Spider-Man run. I'm not outright opposed to mysteries like this but they're delicate, it can go wrong or linger too long very easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    I was reading the first issue of Extraordinary X-Men last night. I forgot that the series also had a cumbersome mystery box regarding something Cyclops did. Reminded me of this current Spider-Man run. I'm not outright opposed to mysteries like this but they're delicate, it can go wrong or linger too long very easily.
    They were basically saying Cyclops was Mutant Hitler in that era.

I don't think this era will screw up that badly, but I wouldn't bet money, lol.

I don't think this era will screw up that badly, but I wouldn't bet money, lol.
    Lol, yeah, good plan. They really did make Cyclops a total villain back then, kind of like how they're trying to sell Osborn as a hero now.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I think the problem is that he’s fighting an old villain. Especially since Vulture was never really meant to be a mastermind character. He can be retired, and Spider-Man can be allowed to have an accomplishment rather than just doing the same thing that he started out with.
    Vulture doesn't need to be a mastermind character though? I don't think that's necessary to being an effective villain.

Like, most of his villains aren't masterminds.

I also don't see how Vulture retiring is an accomplishment more than just the fact that Spidey usually defeats and imprisons him anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Lol, yeah, good plan. They really did make Cyclops a total villain back then, kind of like how they're trying to sell Osborn as a hero now.
    They're not exactly being subtle when it comes to Norman breaking bad again, lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Worse than Slott?
    Worse then Slott. Best comparison Slott’s ASM versus Wells ASM 900

They're not exactly being subtle when it comes to Norman breaking bad again, lol.
    Yeah, it's inevitable, just a matter of time.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.